PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations

RockinRollerMom
04-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Where is your favorite spot to watch illuminations? I am planning our next disney trip for early Dec. 2008. I haven't done illuminations since I was a child myself. We will be staying on site and will be catching the bus afterwards. Does anyone have any tips?

brad192
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Well.....My favorite spot is the VIP viewing area between France & the UK.....but unfortunately, I don't qualify most of the time! :blush: My second favorite would be the area between the VIP grandstands & Mousegear. Great viewing & you can beat half the crowd to the bus stops after the show! :thumbsup: You do have to stand up there though - no real seating.

Taja
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Upwind of the fireworks! :)

Polynesian Dweller
04-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Upwind of the fireworks! :):exactly: Always check the wind before the show. That said, our favourite spot is in front of Akershus and our second favorite is on walkway just before Canada. The choice depends on smoke. These both give good views and let you get out fairly easily after the show.

Space Mountain Man
04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
We had grand success one night on the deck beside/behind the Mexican restaurant just over the first bridge as you go clockwise into the World Showcase. Get there early, grab a table and some of the yummy churros they sell, and it's a pretty nice view.

When leaving, there is a way to cut through by the first aid station there in order to avoid the escaping masses.