PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mug ?

Dyanna
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
We are staying 1 night at POP before our week stay at OKW. Can we purchase a refillable mug at POP & use it at OKW? Where at OKW can we get our mugs refilled if possible.

KylesMom
04-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, the refillable mugs are only good at the location purchased for the length of your stay at that particular resort.

I think I would skip buying at POP & wait until you check in to OKW. I believe they can be purchased & refilled at Goods To Go.

Mackflava99
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
No you cannot switch mugs from resort to resort

Jeff
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Isn't this ok now? I thought that since all resort mugs were now the same design "length of stay" would now apply when switching resorts. This is not "cheating" because it is still the same stay?????

Catzle
04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
That's what I thought I had heard that you can now take your mug to your next resort since it's the same mug and your still in the same "vacation" time.

Seasonscraps
04-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Isn't this ok now? I thought that since all resort mugs were now the same design "length of stay" would now apply when switching resorts. This is not "cheating" because it is still the same stay?????

This is how understood the policy to be as well.

Young@Heart
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM

I also thought this was now allowed. I think you might be asked to show your receipt or something, but if you're staying consecutive nights at more than one resort, I think it's okay.

If it is allowed, you'd probably be better off getting the OKW mugs and using them at POP, instead of the other way around. :thumbsup:

eeyoremom
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
We were told by several CMs that you can take your mug to the next resort, as long as it is all one stay on WDW property. No use waiting to get the mug, they are all Year of a Million Dream mugs-all the same. They say right on them "Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which in which the mug was purchased" We also were encourage to take the mug if you resort hop. You can fill it at other resorts. Have a fun trip.

PetefromRI
04-16-2008, 07:45 AM
We were also told that they were good for the length of stay reguardless of how many resorts you stay at.We resort hopped a few years back and when we got to the BC they told us that we could use our POR mugs there.I wouldn't worry about it, when we were at the Pop in Jan. we saw people with mugs that looked 5 years old and no one seemed to care.I do miss the resort specific mugs though,they were great souveniers,but I think that this may be a reason why they went with the one type of mug.

Marker
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
So, if I am understanding everyone correctly, ALL of the resorts now use the same mug design. That disappoints me. I rather liked having resort specific mugs.

I have a Port Orleans mug here on my desk that I believe I bough in March of 07. It's the broad bottom style.

However, the travel style mug I bought at ASMu last September, was nearly identical to the ones they were selling at ASSp last week. The only difference was the date was missing. The one I bought in Sept had "2007" on it, the new ones have no date at all.

Unfortunately, I left my mug in the storage space when I rode Soarin' on our last night, and I just couldn't bring myself to buying a new refillable mug on the day we were leaving. So I'll have to get one when we go in September. I was hoping POP might have a different design, but I guess not.

Just my opinion, but for me the mugs were much more of a keepsake when they were resort specific, or at least dated. Now there's nothing to distinguish when or where you got them.

I might as well just dig out my old ones that do not have "for this trip only" on them.

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
The mug we bought in 07 with the YOMD 2007 logo says "Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased" I fully take this to mean that you can buy a mug at POP and use it at any resort you go to during that vacation trip. Please note that you cannot use them at the refill stations at the Electric Umbrella or Sunshine Seasons or any other CS location in the parks or DTD that may have added a beverage island since our last stay. Hope this is helpful! Have a great time!

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 09:11 AM
My apologies for the misinformation, Dyanna - when we were @ WL last June, the signage specifically stated that your resort mug was good only for that resort during the length of your stay. I'm glad Disney has rectified their policy! :mickey:

Here we go again...
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM

We were told the same thing in February when we went for my DD's dance competition. :thumbsup:

Since the mugs are now the same for all resorts you can use the mug from resort to resort until the end of your stay.
I asked about it because we were staying at OKW but her dance team was staying at All Star Sports. I did not want to have to purchase a new mug for time spent at both resorts.

I was told the same thing by the CM at OKW and All Star.

We were also told that they were good for the length of stay reguardless of how many resorts you stay at.We resort hopped a few years back and when we got to the BC they told us that we could use our POR mugs there.I wouldn't worry about it, when we were at the Pop in Jan. we saw people with mugs that looked 5 years old and no one seemed to care.I do miss the resort specific mugs though,they were great souveniers,but I think that this may be a reason why they went with the one type of mug.
I wish they would stick with the different designs too. A part of me likes that they are allowing you to bring the mug when you resort hop.... but, another part of me is really going to miss collecting all of the different mugs.
We were once told that the mugs would start changing every year...

katzctkpt
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
We use our mugs continuously. Actually the yomd mug the picture has faded a little. The date is printed on it and I thought I'd heard that the cup would be the same design at all resorts but would have the new year on it.

RobWreck
04-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I do miss the resort specific mugs though,they were great souveniers,but I think that this may be a reason why they went with the one type of mug.

I so fully agree with you on this point... getting the different mugs from the different resorts resulted in several great souveniers... I've got ones from the CBR, OKW, WL, ASM and others from different events/seasons at the parks... a glow-in-the-dark one from Halloween '01, a Christmas one from '96, a Remember the Magic one from '96, a Tomorrowland one with all the characters and others as well. The point is that the old ones were special and stood out, whereas the current one are generic and boring. In contrast to the missed sales Disney lost from people 'bringing old mugs for free refills', I'd imagine that Disney is now losing far more from people who just don't buy the mugs at all. To be honest, how many people here bought one of those mugs, used it the one time, and then promptly forgot about it back in the hotel room for most of the trip?
Rob

stitch34
04-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Are the mugs the same this year as last since they continued the year of magical dreams? I hope that it is different since I like to collect them. If they are the exact same it will be disappointing:( and seem pointless in buying another of the same designs especially on DDP when a drink is included in your meal.

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
They could still have different designs and let you use them where ever. I love collecting them from the different resorts! It was our goal to stay at all of them so we could have a mug from each one. I think Disney just saved us some major $$$$$. Now we can be content at the POP!:D