PDA

View Full Version : Old attraction MOST wanted back

WDWRox
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Which of the following options below would you most like to see returned to the World?

- the ORIGINAL Spaceship Earth
- the ORIGINAL Journey Into Your Imagination
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Skyway from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland
- Horizons
- World of Motion
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

poeticeclipse
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I didn't even have to think about it. I just looked for Horizons on the list. I still have a strong emotional attrachment to this attraction. I would actually make a special trip for the opening day of Horizons if they brought it back. Yep, i'd make my entire trip (I only take one a year) about seeing Horizons. That's how much I loved it.

Jeff G
04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I went with Horizons. EPCOT was my first park I ever did at 23 years old & I rode Horizons twice the first day. I would love for WDW to take the Wonders of Life pavilion and recreate an updated Horizons type ride in it.

#1donaldfan
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Besides POTC (thankfully it's still going strong)...my oldest and most vivid memory of Disney is 20gs under the sea....I sure miss it!!

grumpyguy
04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
20k leagues for me...i know there was alot of maintenance issues with the attraction but i saw on samantha brown's dl show last week they updated it with a nemo theme.makes perfect sense.yes i did enjoy the hot,smelly ride as a kid:thumbsup:

King Triton
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I went with Horizons. ...I would love for WDW to take the Wonders of Life pavilion and recreate an updated Horizons type ride in it.

:ditto:

Toad
04-15-2008, 01:09 PM
With all of its technological shortcomings, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was a very authentic experience and fairly well designed attraction. It's perhaps the most memorable and most resourceful of the attractions listed in this poll.

Marker
04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
It's not an attraction, but I miss seeing Figment and Dreamfinder. I remember our first trip in 1983, when my oldest son was not yet 2, and he was so very entertained by a guy dressed as Dreamfinder with Figment (a puppet) with him. Then we went into the ride and there were Figment and Dreamfinder in the ride too.

I wish they'd bring Figment AND Dreamfinder back.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Extra TERRORestrial Alien Encounter would be my first pick.

But since that wasn't on the list...I went with Mr. Toad.

Chris :hatter:

joonyer
04-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I would like to see a technologically updated version of 20K. with better underwater effects and subs that don't leak.

RobWreck
04-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Just as I was reaching to click the Mr. Toad's button, 'One Little Spark' inspired me to vote for the return of everyone's favorite kind of figment of the imagination...

Two tiny wings
Eyes big and yellow
Horns of a steer
But a loveable fellow
From head to tail, he's wild purple pigment
and there, voila, you've got a Figment!
:figment: :figment: :figment: :figment: :figment:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I said original Journey Into Your Imagination. It was the first ride I went on at Epcot and I think I rode it 4 times that day. I loved it.

However I also wish they'd bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I thought it was great. I also really liked Horizons and World of Motion and was disappointed that they were gone.

jnfr2424
04-15-2008, 03:23 PM
HORIZONS!!!!:mickey: Oh how I miss picking out an ending and smelling the Orange Groves!!!

wedway76
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
There is only one answer to theis question, it's 20,000 leagues, no question. It was a as classic Disney as you can get and it looked as great from the outside as it was fun to ride. It added an ambience to the MK that's been lost ever since it closed.

Ian
04-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Well the one I probably would have picked (If You Had Wings) wasn't on the list, so I went with the original Journey Into Imagination.

Of the ones listed, I think that's the best one that's no longer around.

I did, though, take into consideration what park it was in. Like I could have gone with Mr. Toad, but MK already has so many great rides that it's loss isn't felt quite as much as JII in Epcot.

Polynesian Dweller
04-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Horizons was a ride the met the spirit of Epcot as well if not better than the others. It was all about looking forward to the future and thinking about improvements. An updated, new Horiszons attraction would go a long way to bringing back that spirit to Epcot.

dfamasb
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I chose 20k because it's the only one I remember! I visited WDW when I was 12 and then not again until all of these things were gone...I remember that I loved EPCOT more than the other parks though so I must have liked Horizons and the others too!

wdwgrl377
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
That was a toss up for me, but I finally went with Horizons! Gosh, I sure do miss Horizons! I am SO glad that I taped on that ride years ago! I watch it sometime just to remember it. :D

I also do miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It was one of my favorites, in MK! I found on You Tube someone taped during the entire ride! I was glad to see that!

Crystal Palace
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Since I never saw any of these attractions, I'm picking the one that sounds best to me, and that's 2,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Love those submarines!!!:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
20,000 Leagues for me! :mickey:

crazypoohbear
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I HAD to vote for Mr. toad's wild ride. It's my son's friends absolute FAVORITE ride. Every time they or he goes to Disney they take a picture standing in front of "the other ride" with their heads hanging down looking dejected and sad!
So... Here's my vote for you Evan!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-15-2008, 10:08 PM
That is a hrd question. I have attachments to a few attractions on the list and on any given day could have answered differently. But..I really miss MTWR, Horizons and some things not on the list. :mickey:

Mickey91
04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I want them all:fit:. But I voted for Mr Toad.:mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
My vote is for the ORIGINAL Journey Into Your Imagination. We enjoyed both the ride and the entertainment area afterwards.

Now, I am almost embarrassed to say this...but I can't remember Horizons. I think I remember gettting on the ride. Is this where Test Track is now located?

Please remind me what this ride was about.

Sweezy
04-16-2008, 01:22 AM
another vote for HORIZONS. honestly im surprised it doesnt have a strong lead by now...

snifflesmcg
04-16-2008, 02:06 AM
I chose the original figment but it's really tied with Mr Toads wild ride.

kbean
04-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Cool post. Thats was a tuff one. But since I like classic cars, I went with WoM. Horizons was close behind it.

RAIDER
04-16-2008, 08:49 AM
20,000 LEAGUES for me ... it was real fun

WDWCrazyKaren
04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
I didn't even have to think about it. I just looked for Horizons on the list. I still have a strong emotional attrachment to this attraction. I would actually make a special trip for the opening day of Horizons if they brought it back. Yep, i'd make my entire trip (I only take one a year) about seeing Horizons. That's how much I loved it.

I did the SAME thing! I didn't really even need to see the choices. I only needed to verify that Horizons was there. I can still smell the oranges in the orange grove, and I can still picture the milk being poured into the dogs dish. Man I miss that ride.

cheshirekitty
04-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I loved Mr Toad's Wild ride and voted for that but....I really, really was dissappointed that Disney remade Alien encounter. Please toss Stitch out and restore the original Alien encounter Disney!!!

Dsnywrldlvr
04-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Skyways for me! I have great memories of flying over Tomorrowland.

4ubie1
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM
This is sooo not a fair poll!! :fit: You need to have the option "All of the Above" :D

katzctkpt
04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I went with 20g's. I've heard my DH talk about this so much and how he loved it. As a child I never went to disney but, he did. So a lot of the rides mentioned I've never experienced and would love to.
(That's why they need to make a 5th park and call it Disney Classics with only retired rides and shows.)

Tygger7
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
My vote is for the ORIGINAL Journey Into Your Imagination. We enjoyed both the ride and the entertainment area afterwards.

Now, I am almost embarrassed to say this...but I can't remember Horizons. I think I remember gettting on the ride. Is this where Test Track is now located?

Please remind me what this ride was about.

Horizons was where Mission Space is now. And yes, Horizons got my vote too. It's what I remember most from the early days of Epcot.

Tigerinvestigator
04-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Tough choice! I went with the crowd favorite Horizons, but could have gone for any of the others with the exception of the Skyway. Those buckets always gave me the creeps!:thedolls: I would have voted for "If you had wings" over any on the list. It's my sentimental favorite and I watch the ride through video on a regular basis.:thumbsup:

jwallace378
04-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Horizons without a doubt!

DunkieKong
04-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I voted for 20k, but now the more I think about it, I should have picked Horizons.

CU Tiger
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I really miss the sky way. :cry: This was a good way to get from one spot to another while taking a load off of your fee. I also like the view from up there. :mickey:

prprincess
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
When I saw the subject of this thread/poll, I didn't even have to think twice--Mr. Toad. Sigh...

DNS
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I went with Horizons.

cal5755
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Journey is my pick. That was my favorite during my first trip when I was 11 years old. When I was 13 it was still my favorite and when I finally got to take my dh and kids for their first visit I was so excited to go on this.. not knowing of course the change... and well... I was so disappointed with the changes. I would love for them to see what I loved about the ride.

On a side note... I would not mind if they brought back ALL of the rides on that list as they all hold fond memories of my childhood trips.

big blue and hairy
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I voted for Horizons, but not at the expense of Mission Space. I really like Mission Space and I'm glad it's there, but a new more technologically advanced Horizons would be great. Oh yeah, and in a building that's not going to fall down...

:sulley:

krorx
04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Horizons hands down! Please Disney please bring it back!:blush:

dixielandings
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I guess I'm surprised to see that so many of you loved Horizons like I did. I was so sad to see it go especially for just another thrill ride (sorry, M:S lovers). I really miss most of the other attractions on the list for pretty much the same reason - they were synonymous with Disney for me.

elmjimmlm
04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea...Its the only one that I remember when I was little...

beksy
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
It would have been a toss-up for me if Dreamflight was on the list but since it wasn't I went with the one tied with it--Mr. Toad. I loved that ride and really miss it! :(

Flower
04-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Well the one I probably would have picked (If You Had Wings) wasn't on the list, so I went with the original Journey Into Imagination.

Ian, I saw the thread header and immediately thought "If you had wings, had wings had wings...." It was just a classy song!

I vote for :figment:

ShanPooh
04-18-2008, 02:30 AM
1. Horizons
2. (a close second) World of Motion
3. ORIGINAL Journey into Imagination - the one from 1983-1998
4. Spaceship Earth, 1986-1994 version
5. ORIGINAL Studio Backlot Tour

mouselover93
04-18-2008, 07:47 AM
i picked the origion journey into imagination because i dont remember it all that much but do have a picture hanging in my room. and come on who doesnt love figment