PDA

View Full Version : GCH Construction Pics?

drevlo
04-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have any recent (or not so recent) pics of the DVC expansion at the GCH? When we were there in late November, it was still a large concrete box, sunk deep into the ground. I'd love to see how it's looking now.
Posting links to other sites probably violates the TOS, so if you have a pic or a link, if you could please send it to me in a private message, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

BrerGnat
04-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I can take some next time I go. I'll probably be at the GCH next Tuesday...I can take some pics from the pool area, which is where the work is happening behind. At this point, a lot of the support elements for the building are in place. The foundation looks complete and there is a small skeleton of a frame emerging.

The best vantage point is from the top of the Redwood Creek Challenge trail, for anyone looking to see the progress.

drevlo
04-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks, BrerGnat! Anything that you can provide would be awesome. We probably won't be heading back down until late November...so I'm trying to keep up on the construction as best I can.
{edited per TOS}

Cheers!
Drevlo

NotaGeek
04-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Here are some ground level pics of the DVC construction. Unfortunately you can't see much, thanks to the big walls that Disney uses ... unless you are in a room overlooking the construction or riding one of the rides on the other side of the wall in DCA there's not a really good vantage point to see what's going on.

BrerGnat
04-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, you can't see much, but is sure is NOISY! Man, the "Theme Park View" is not all it's cracked up to be these days. Even being at the pool area is loud. I'd recommend for anyone staying at the GCH anytime this year, do NOT pay for a theme park view! It's not pretty, and it's noisy out there!

I may head back to DCA tomorrow (I was at DL today, but didn't go to DCA) and I'll try to get some better "birds eye view" pictures from the lookout area at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. If I do, I'll email them to Michael so he can post them.

MegaDisney
04-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Verticle construction has begun...

drevlo
04-28-2008, 06:17 AM
I'm a little late to the party....but a belated THANKS for the pics. I can only imagine how noisy that area must be getting!