PDA

View Full Version : Hammer's DVC/Food and Wine Extravaganza ADRs

Hammer
04-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, today was our day to make our ADRs for our trip October 11-18. Before I list our ADRs, let me give you some background about my sister and I. We go to WDW at least once a year and take our time. We split up everyday with time back at our resort. We are not early risers and we like to eat dinner later. Character dining is not something we feel the need to do every trip. Quality dining is a large part of our trip so we will be purchasing the Deluxe Dining Plan. We are DVC owners, so the hotel rack rates do not apply. We will be staying at Old Key West and will have a rental car.

Day 1- Wake up at Mom and Dad's in Clearwater, breakfast at Waffle House, then drive to WDW.
Lunch-Whispering Canyon Café-12:15 (this my be moved to a later time)
Dinner-Party for the Senses

Day 2- Lunch- Chefs De France (no comments, Jym; you know we enjoy the short ribs and duck here)-12:00
Dinner-Citrico's-7:30

Day 3- Lunch- Le Cellier-12:00 (lunch here was by choice, not because we could not get dinner)
Dinner- Jiko-7:30

Day 4- Lunch- F & W
Dinner- Flying Fish-7:30

Day 5- Lunch- Marrakesh-12:00
Dinner- California Grill- 7:40

Day 6- Lunch- Coral Reef-12:00
Dinner- Brown Derby-7:30

Day 7- Lunch- Tony's Town Square-12:00 (we may change this, possibly to Liberty Tree Tavern, once Cheryl has perused the lunch menu)--UPDATE- This is now Kona Cafe-12:15
Dinner- Narcoossee's- 7:45

Day 8- Lunch- Teppan Edo- 12:00 (this may be moved to a later time)
Drive back to Mom and Dad's in Clearwater

Any thoughts?

wendy*darling
04-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Yum! :eat:

You are eating at a majority of the same places we have chosen- too bad we will miss you by a week!
There's not a restaurant on your list I would change.

Kairi_7378
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Looks fantastic! Sounds like a great way to do Disney World. I have been trying to convince my brothers to come to Disney with me but no luck so far, it's so cool that you and your sister vacation together like this. The only thing that I would maybe change is not doing WCC before the Party for the Senses, especially since you said you might move back the time.

wdw_bound
04-14-2008, 11:54 PM
This looks great. We're looking at the Dx DDP as well (2A 2C), but ours will include a ton of character breakfasts. Even doing that though, I'm finding it hard to make a plan using all our credits - does this use up all of your TS? If so, I might just take your plan and modify the restaurants.

I, too, think it's great that you and your sis have such a great relationship. Before kids came along, my DSis and I took an annual trip together - now those are memories we both cherish and look forward to reinstating at a later time.

Hammer
04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
This looks great. We're looking at the Dx DDP as well (2A 2C), but ours will include a ton of character breakfasts. Even doing that though, I'm finding it hard to make a plan using all our credits - does this use up all of your TS? If so, I might just take your plan and modify the restaurants.

We actually have 2 TS per person left, which we will use to make 2 breakfast reservations for 2 mornings of the trip. My sister is a really big fan of Eggs Benedict, so we'll have it at least once a trip. I have not made those reservations as we have not had any problems making late breakfast reservations the night before, even when we have gone during free dining. It helps that the restaurants we choose for breakfast do not have characters.

Natazu
04-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Any thoughts?
You told me not to comment, but if I were to do so, I'd say excellent choices... mostly.

I really wish we could come see you guys but Rachel will be about to burst then. Make sure and find Kira at Flying Fish and tell her we say Hi. I'll email her a baby picture as soon as they wipe that cheesy stuff off of him.

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Christine,

Good choices - really good choices!
Hope you have a great time - enjoy OKW and the F&W Festival!!! :thumbsup:

Hammer
04-15-2008, 07:19 AM
You told me not to comment, but if I were to do so, I'd say excellent choices... mostly.

Jym, you crack me up, even if you don't like Chefs De France :) .

I really wish we could come see you guys but Rachel will be about to burst then. Make sure and find Kira at Flying Fish and tell her we say Hi. I'll email her a baby picture as soon as they wipe that cheesy stuff off of him.

I thought Rachel was due in August :confused: ?

offwego
04-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Some great choices!! I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences.

SBETigg
04-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like a great trip plan to me. Wonderful choices. Looking forward to trip reports! Yum. :)

Natazu
04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Jym, you crack me up, even if you don't like Chefs De France :) .

I thought Rachel was due in August :confused: ?

Oh, that's right. I had a brain freeze. We talked about coming down for the weekend and do PftS with you guys if Rachel is still on maternity leave but get this, our APs expire on Oct 8th. We just can't catch a break.

ElenitaB
04-15-2008, 03:20 PM
This sounds like it's shaping up to be a great and very tasty trip! Looking forward to your trip reports!

P.S. When you all get back, I'll invite you, Cheryl, Linda and John over to my neck of the woods to try one of our local Middle Eastern food, so you can have another point of comparison. Of course, it's not Cracker Barrel. ;)

Hammer
04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Bumping this up as we have made a change. Tony's is out (we were both kind of "eh" on the lunch menu) and Kona Cafe is in. We have dined at Kona Cafe, know we like it and the food is pretty good for most people most of the time. We will probably cancel our Whispering Canyon ADR as well in favor of Big River Grill or ESPN Club (especially if the Phillies are in the playoffs). Since they aren't ADR places (though both are on the Dining Plan), it works better for our arrival day in case we do not get as early of a start from our parents' house.

Natazu
04-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Bumping this up as we have made a change. Tony's is out (we were both kind of "eh" on the lunch menu) and Kona Cafe is in. We have dined at Kona Cafe, know we like it and the food is pretty good for most people most of the time. We will probably cancel our Whispering Canyon ADR as well in favor of Big River Grill or ESPN Club (especially if the Phillies are in the playoffs). Since they aren't ADR places (though both are on the Dining Plan), it works better for our arrival day in case we do not get as early of a start from our parents' house.
Hey hon. Since you won't have to worry about the Phillies, maybe do Spoodles or Beaches. BRG has really gone down hill last couple of years and ESPN is, well, ESPN.

Hammer
04-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey hon. Since you won't have to worry about the Phillies, maybe do Spoodles or Beaches. BRG has really gone down hill last couple of years and ESPN is, well, ESPN.

Jym, I think you had another brain freeze. This is a lunch ADR and Spoodles does not serve lunch. I'll add Beaches and Cream into the mix as it is in the "no ADRs but on the Dining Plan" category.

Natazu
04-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Jym, I think you had another brain freeze. This is a lunch ADR and Spoodles does not serve lunch. I'll add Beaches and Cream into the mix as it is in the "no ADRs but on the Dining Plan" category.

I never noticed Spoodles doesn't have lunch. Learn something new everyday I say.

wendy*darling
04-19-2008, 09:19 PM
P.S. When you all get back, I'll invite you, Cheryl, Linda and John over to my neck of the woods to try one of our local Middle Eastern food, so you can have another point of comparison. Of course, it's not Cracker Barrel. ;)
Yummo!! You've got a deal. :thumbsup:

Bumping this up as we have made a change.
Another idea- although TVs are probably not included... how about The Wave at the Contemporary? It will be open by then. I am thinking about squeezing it into either our fall or Jan trip- we love trying new places! :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Based on the menus and the good reviews, I was going to suggest the Grand Flo Cafe for lunch, if it's new places you're after.

Hammer
04-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Yummo!! You've got a deal. :thumbsup:

Another idea- although TVs are probably not included... how about The Wave at the Contemporary? It will be open by then. I am thinking about squeezing it into either our fall or Jan trip- we love trying new places! :mickey:

We kind of like the idea of being in the Epcot area for lunch. Looks like we will be saving the Wave for our next trip!

Based on the menus and the good reviews, I was going to suggest the Grand Flo Cafe for lunch, if it's new places you're after.

We are looking to have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe on Day 4. Cheryl saw Lobster Eggs Benedict and it was decided we must eat there :eat:! So rather than eat there twice in one trip, we will probably do lunch there on another trip.