PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Breakfast

LittleSpirit02
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
When my family visited Disneyland, we loved eating Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace. Very casual, easy, and not pricey. It was just a counter service place where you grab a tray, ask for your order, pay and then go relax and eat wherever. Does Disney World have a counter service breakfast offered in any of the parks?

DisneyDudet
04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
The Main Street Bakery is probably your best bet in MK. You won't be the only ones eating, so it can get crowded.

Epcot, the Sunshine Seasons in The Land has a good selection. It sure makes it hard racing to Soarin early in the morning, when you get there and smell all that good food!

DHS (MGM) has the ABC Commissary, but its VERY limited, and not really that good to me. Starring Rolls has a nice selection of pastries, which is much better than the ABC.

AK, will be the hardest place. They have the Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery, with a selection of pastries and baked items, so nothing really hot. They have a breakfast buffet, but that requires an ADR.

If you can, I would suggest eating at your resort or hotel (if off site, possibly a quick stop at McD's?). What we usually do, is bring along some quick breakfast and snack items (granola bars, muffin packs, etc) and eat them in the room, on the way to the bus, or on the bus! We fly, so either we stop at Wal Mart, or pack them with us in their boxes. We've done this for years, and saves us a bunch of money! Every once in a while, we'll eat at a park or our resort, but this works well for us!

Hope you have a great time!

disneydeb
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I got a Mickey waffle at Sleepy Hollow once:thumbsup:

Other than that I either eat at a character breakfast or in my room - breakfast bars and yogurt.

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Your best counter service breakfast is going to be found at your resort or if you aren't staying onsite, I suggest going to the POP Century Resort. They have all kinds of choices at reasonable prices.:mickey:

goofygirl67
04-15-2008, 11:01 AM
In AK Pizzafari was offering breakfast back in Dec. that was as good as Sunshine Seasons.

LittleSpirit02
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Do any of them offer pancakes/eggs/sausage? The River Belle Terrace had all sorts of combinations. I got the Mickey Mouse pancakes which were adorable and tasted great!

DisneyDudet
04-15-2008, 06:37 PM
The Main Street Bakery does.

You can also hop over to Info Central and check out the menus from the restaurants to see!

TheDuckRocks
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Having grown up going to DL since the first year it opened (Yes, I'm that old :D), I always miss the River Belle Terrace when at WDW. There really is no CS at WDW that has the same feel.
I didn't know that the Main Street Bakery had the Mickey pancakes, I will have to check that out on our Dec. trip.
I agree with the other posters that the CS breakfasts at the resorts are better than what is available in the parks if you are staying on property.
Avoid breakfast at the ABC Commissary! :ack: That was truely the worst meal we have ever had at any Disney property. Again :ack:!!!

sillyolbear
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I agree with the post that most of the resorts have good to decent breakfast counter service, so that is probably the reason finding one in the parks tends to be a challenge.

Our favorites:
MK-Main Street Bakery
DHS-Starring Roles