PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

DisneyDog
04-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Redirect me if this has been asked before...if Toy Story Mania is set to officially open at the end of May. Has anyone heard anything about allowing guests to try it out early? Like maybe the beginning of May? :blush:

Hair_Razor
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I got an email invite to come test it out.

Be among the first to experience Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios™

Toy Story Mania

Saturday, May 10 through Monday, May 12
9 am to 7 pm
Because you’re a valued Passholder, you’re invited to step right up and compete in an interactive “Toy Story” adventure like no other. It’s Toy Story Mania!—a brand-new attraction inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” films—and you’ll experience it before the general public does after it opens in late May.

It’s never the same experience twice!
Grab some 3-D glasses before boarding your ride vehicle and zipping off into a world of immersive, midway-style games hosted by favorite characters like Woody, Buzz, Rex and Hamm.

Use your spring-action shooter to launch virtual darts at balloons, rings at aliens, eggs at barnyard targets and beyond. Some targets even trigger fun surprises. From expert to beginner, everyone’s a winner!

Disney_Barbie
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I received an email about a AP Holder's preview mid-may (I think it was 15th-17th)

jennsky
04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Maybe this is an obvious question, but a girl can hope...

If I am NOT an annual passholder, any chance of me previewing the attraction on Thursday, May 15th??? :blush:

Buttercup
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Jennsky: I asked the same question and got 2 different answers.

One person said that the Annual Passholders get first crack at the can -- kind-of like a fast pass. Then if there's room, they let in the regular folks like us. :) Apparently it was like that with the new Haunted Mansion refurb.

Another person said that no, regular passholders can't experience the preview. Only Annual Passholders. So who knows?

You can see a neat video clip of Mr. Potato Head at Disneyland's Midway Mania on Youtube. I can't get over how fluidly his lips move as he's talking. The new AA's are so cool.

CaptSmee
04-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Jennsky:
You can see a neat video clip of Mr. Potato Head at Disneyland's Midway Mania on Youtube. I can't get over how fluidly his lips move as he's talking. The new AA's are so cool.

I've seen this already! I sure hope that the WDW version has a Barker Potato Head as well! It's looks great!