PDA

View Full Version : Dining question

julyjewel
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm going to ask again. Myu family and I have ADR's for Liberty tree Tavern and Askershus. Will they accept Disney giftcards there? We wanted to purchase some giftcards instead of carrying a lot of $$.

Also, how hard is it to get ADR's for 1900 Park Fare dinner. We are 60 days out as of today.

LandFan
04-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't know about whether they take gift cards but you could just charge the meals to your room key - it's really easy and eliminates the need for cash or the possibility of losing gift cards. I only carry about $20 in the parks for the food carts. The rest gets charged.

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
In the past, 1900 Park Fare hasn't been hard to get ressies. I'm not sure if its popularity has risen any or not. It is definitely easier than the castle. Not sure about the gift cards.

Duchess99
04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't know about whether they take gift cards but you could just charge the meals to your room key - it's really easy and eliminates the need for cash or the possibility of losing gift cards. I only carry about $20 in the parks for the food carts. The rest gets charged.

I agree with this. We also like to charge most things to the room...it eliminates the need for cash.
But if you want to go the gift card route, why not just get Disney Dollars?

DisneyDudet
04-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I believe that anywhere will take the gift cards, if they have the software to do so. Some of the little carts don't, but I'm pretty sure that the restaurants have the capability to.

I just got this off of Disney's web site:

The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase admission tickets at the Theme Parks and annual passes. It may also be used at Disney owned and operated merchandise, dining and recreation locations where credit cards are currently accepted. Some carts, and other outdoor Merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card.

WonderlandsMostWanted
04-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Of course, if you aren't staying on property, you won't be able to charge to your room. If you're still concerned about cash, but worried about the Disney gift card being accepted everywhere, you could always look into a Visa or MasterCard branded gift card. Check with your bank, or some drug stores even sell them. You can use them anywhere you'd use a credit card, so you'll have more flexibility... as long as they place you're purchasing from takes credit cards, you're safe. I believe many of them are even reloadable.

WonderlandsMostWanted
04-14-2008, 07:12 PM
One other thing to remember about gift cards... hang onto your reciepts, and copy the gift card number, in a safe place. If you lose a gift card, it's the same as losing cash. Unlike chages to the room that don't belong to you, or credit card charges that don't belong to you, you don't have much protection with a gift card. Unless of course, you have the reciept and card number, they may be able to work with you to re-issue the remaining balance and deactivate the lost card, of course you probably won't have access to it until after you get home.

Just some things to be aware of BEFORE, heaven forbid, somehitng goes wrong.