PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations of MNSSHP???

thatkindofday
04-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Okay, I've seen Illuminations multiple times and I LOVE it! My fiancee has not seen it. Unfortunately, the only day we are going to be able to go to Epcot, is also the only day that they are having MNSSHP while we're there. We've never been for the party before. So my question, is what would you do? Go to the party and skip Illuminations, or skip the party and watch Illuminations and stay for Evening EMH, OR stay at Epcot to watch Illuminations, then only go to the last couple hours of the party (that we will have spent almost $90 on?) I don't know what to do!:confused: Help me, please!

cal5755
04-14-2008, 08:13 AM
If you plan future trips to WDW I would go to the party and catch illuminations next trip.

I think either way I would still choose the party. We are going to our first mnsshp this year but we did do mvmcp last November and we LOVED it!! From what I have heard the mnsshp is even better so if it were me I would choose the party instead. Special parade and fireworks plus the characters dressed up too and the shows...

Have a magical trip whatever you decide :mickey:

RobWreck
04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Here's another vote for MNSSHP... you can catch Illuminations on your next trip. Personally, I'm more 'Wow-ed' by the all-around-the-park fireworks at MNSSHP than the ones at Illuminations... plus the parade (and especially the Haunted Mansion dancers) are NOT to be missed around Halloween...
Rob

prttynpnk
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I would vote party also. It's a great time and only available for a few weeks.

KAJUNKING
04-14-2008, 11:40 AM
i would go with the party as well

biodtl
04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I'd do the party, especially if you think you'll go back again.

The party is a lot of fun, with the special parade and fireworks (plus the trick or treat).

And I know some people haven't had the same experience, but for us, the crowds were great and the lines much shorter than usual. We walked on almost everything.

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
:mpumpkin:I would go to MNSSHP.:mpumpkin: It is only there for a certain amount of time. If by chance you get back WDW you can then go to Illuminations but MNSSHP would not necessarily be an option. It is a really fun party! You get to meet Villians that you don't usually see. The parade and fireworks far outshine Illuminations(and I LOVE Illuminations) Plus there's the trick or treating!:D

joonyer
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Go to the Halloween Party. "HalloWishes" is an absolutely fabulous fireworks show. You'll love it.
Illuminations is great too, but it'll be there next time you go, no matter what time of year it is.

GrmGrninGost
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
MNSSHP! :mpumpkin: It is a blast! It is probably my favorite thing at WDW! I love Illuminations, but the Hallowishes fireworks are even better (IMHO)!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Just in case you didn't notice the trend...lol....I say skip Illuminations (which I love) and go to MNSSHP.

The party is amazing. Hallowishes are the best fireworks I have ever seen and the Boo To You parade is my favorite parade in WDW!!:mpumpkin:

joonyer
04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Just in case you didn't notice the trend...lol....I say skip Illuminations (which I love) and go to MNSSHP.

The party is amazing. Hallowishes are the best fireworks I have ever seen and the Boo To You parade is my favorite parade in WDW!!:mpumpkin:

Yeah, the gravediggers in the parade are great!

DisneyDudet
04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Another vote for the party! While Illuminations is not to be missed, if you have an opportunity to make it to MNSSHP, I would say miss Illuminations.

Illuminations is 20 min or so of fireworks and awesome special effects, but the part is 5 hours a GREAT fun! You get all your favorite rides and shows open, a GREAT parade that has some amazing characters (headless horseman and the gravediggers), plus the Hallowishes is the BEST fireworks show EVER (better than MVMCP), except for the 50th anniv fireworks show at DLR. Plus, there's trick or treating, and less crowds!!!

If you can work it, maybe you'll have a chance to see Illuminations another night or even another trip, but unless you go at this time another year, you'll miss one of the greatest events held at WDW!

thatkindofday
04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow, alot of responses and all in favor of the party, lol. Thanks for everyone's input. Party, it is!