PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

thatkindofday
04-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Okay, strange question, is Beaches and Cream considered Table Service for the DDP?

AwPhooey
04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
According to Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp), it is a Table Service Location.

thatkindofday
04-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you, is this one we need reservations for?

tomatoe pie
04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
the last time we were at beaches and cream they did not take resv. but when you arrive you give them your name for a table and wait.

i think you can get to-go food and take it to the outdoor tables or your room as a "counter service". but i am not sure about this. we usually go to the counter to order because there are not tables available. and they do have a counter used for ordering.:confused:

Kenny1113
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
If you find out that they take ADR's, MAKE THEM!!! Last Oct we went on a wens or thurs and they had a 45 min wait and you can't get the kitchen sink ice cream from the counter. I'm diening to try it!!! Maybe next time.

Jared
04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank you, is this one we need reservations for?
Unfortunately, the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop does not accept Advance Dining Reservations, which generally leads to extraordinary lines. Either plan to eat at an off-hour or prepare to wait.

The ice cream is worth it!

:tasty:

MinnieMommie
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Beaches and Cream is a CS that is so worth the wait. The food is very tasty and the portions are large. DH and I order 1 meal and chocolate milk shake and split them. One order is really enough for the 2 of us and they are really nice about splitting the orders there. :mickey:

bigbabyblues
04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
B&C is a TS on the dining plan, and honestly probably not worth a credit, the prices aren't that high for ts at all.

We've only eaten there for ice cream (had a Kitchen Sink for dinner), but I'm looking forward to trying it this time for real food!

TiggeRia
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I so wanted to try the Kitchen Sink when I was there in February...but the wait was over 3 hours--yikes! I didn't stick around and wait for that one. Try and get there early or eat at an off hour like someone suggested. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Since no one has said this yet - Beaches and Cream is actually both a TS and CS. So everyone is right.

If you go into the diner on the left side, it'll be a TS, where you'll be served and expected to leave a gratuity.

If you go to the right, it's a counter service where you wait in line and order from a limited menu.

I believe the Kitchen Sink is only available from the diner side.

Both waits tend to be long, especially if you catch it after Illuminations. If I had the choice, I'd skip Illuminations and head over before the crowds. That's what we did last year when we saw Herman's Hermits.