PDA

View Full Version : May 1st is coming, MNSSHP? or Sea World?

momof3+twins
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I have to decide. The kids haven't been to Sea World. The budget only allows one of the two. So, Sea World or MNSSHP and why?

CaptainSad
04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I have to decide. The kids haven't been to Sea World. The budget only allows one of the two. So, Sea World or MNSSHP and why?

I would go to Sea World. I think you would be disappointed in MNSSHP. Considering there is no MNSSHP in May...

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
For my family, there is no doubt! MNSSHP! :mpumpkin:As for the reasons? We love WDW ,espcially the MK,above all other parks! And at MNSSHP we get to do special things you don't normally get to do at MK! They have a special parade, special fireworks, trick-or-treating and character meet and greets with rare villians! We also dress up in our finest Disney costumes! ( Yes, children and adults!) Plus, the ride lines are always extremely short! All in all, MNSSHP is, for me, the most enjoyable time I spend at WDW, and I enjoy it all!

momof3+twins
04-13-2008, 10:11 PM
May 1st is the day that MNSSHP tickets go on sale, not when we are going. Sorry!

HairyBear
04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the op can get tix starting may1. If the kids like rides then the party would be the better choice. Sea World is a change of pace and focus moves to creatures rather than characters and rides. I personally would say Sea World since if you are going to MK anyway you will be able to ride some rides more and see some special shows and activities some of which you may have already done.

When we went to MVMCP 2 years ago it was VERY crowded lines at the attractions were minimal the 1st 2 hours but I guess people had went to dinner or back to nap. When everyone came back I got the impression there were as many people as regular hours. Of course it was probably just that EVERYONE was trying to watch the parade.

There is nothing quite like feeding a sting ray sea lion or a dolphin and the Shamu shows are great too! My personal favorite is Clyde and Seamore's show. Just make sure you get a seat early so you can see the mimes pre-show which is VERY funny most of the time. There are 2 major rides The Kraken which is a great roller coaster and Voyage to Atlantis which is like splash mountain but a different darker theme.

doodleboy
04-14-2008, 09:00 AM
MNSSHP is our favorite event at WDW, but given a choice between the two I would say Sea World. MNSSHP does have a great parade, fireworks, and reduced crowd level, not to mention all of the costumes. But Sea World is a totally different experience, and if you are spending enough days at WDW to fit in all you would like to see, then why not go outside the box? :twocents:

We go for ten days every year and try to take one day outside of WDW every trip to see someplace else in Florida.

kathiep
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
How old are your kids? We did Sea World 2 years ago when ours were 3 1/2 and 18 months and there really wasn't enough for them to do there.

faline
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
That's a tough one! Tickets to Sea World will get you a full day of entertainment while tickets to Mickey's Party (which I love, by the way) only get you one evening. You might not even last the whole night depending on how busy you've been during the day and ages of your kids.

You can visit all the same attractions at the Magic Kingdom during regular operating hours without needing to pay additional for the party tickets. You would miss out on the Halloween parade, special fireworks and trick or treating.