PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins in Depth OR Seas Aqua Tour??

Briansmom
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Ya'll!! :mickey:

I want to give my DD one of these tours for her 21st birthday (turning 21 about a week before we go!). She is double majoring in Marine Biology and Environmental Science, minoring in Forensics at UNCW. (Go Seahawks!)

Which of these tours will give her more hands on with the fishies, up close and personal? How in depth do they let you get with the research part of each? She is a hands on kind of person so I want to give her the one that she is really involved with the marine life as much as possible. :swim:

Anyone out there that has done both of these?

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
I don't know about the two you mentioned but, my sister did Dive Quest and comparing it to diving all around the Caribbean and South America, she said it was one of the best dives she has ever been on. The fish are used to divers and don't try to hide as much. So, if your DD has her diver's certification, I would recommend it!:mickey:

AwPhooey
04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I haven't been on either tour, but Intercot's Info Central tours page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/tours.asp) has a decent description of both tours:

Epcot Seas Aqua Tour:
Learn about and interact with ocean life in The Living Seas. Guests explore backstage facilities, watch a video about the pavilion's creatures and then explore the creature's environment using a Supplied-Air Snorkel system during a 30-minute swim through the main aquarium.

The cost of the tour is $100 per guest, and includes all required gear, refreshments, a T-shirt and a group photo of the experience. Guests must bring a bathing suit to participate and must be 8 years of age or older. No scuba-certificate is required for this tour.

The Epcot Seas Aqua Tour runs daily from 12:30 -3:00 p.m.
For more information or to make a reservation, call (407)WDW-TOUR.

Dolphins In Depth:
A behind-the-scenes chance to learn about the dolphins and their research at the Living Seas in Epcot!
Offered Monday - Friday at 9:45 a.m.
$150.00
(Includes videotape of the experience, refreshments and a T-shirt, 3 1/2 hours, must be 13+, park admission not required.)

Depending on what you're looking for, it sounds like Seas Aqua may involve interaction with a variety of sea creatures, whereas Dolphins in Depth, as the name implies, would just be with dolphins.

Personally, I'd go with Seas Aqua because it includes snorkeling, is $50 cheaper and is shorter than the other tour.

Pirate Granny
04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I've been on the Aqua Seas Tour...it was great...but my suggestion is to call the tour desk. I believe WDWTOUR...and then ask if they can put you through to the Living Seas Pavillion and talk to the staff about the difference in both tours. If they can't put you through, then send an e-mail on the disney web-site and ask that they respond or call you for a discussion (i've been sucessful that way before also).

I think you would have more hands on at the dolphin tour...but not as much variety as you would on the Aqua tour...I got buzzed by the endangered sea turtle...but remember, you are only floating on the surface, not like the diving tour...

Have a wonderful time.
:pirate: