PDA

View Full Version : New Ride Ideas

HairyBear
04-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I heard somewhere that WDW is going to put in an attracion based on Harry Potter. It may be at another park but WDW does have some non Disney attractions Star Wars to name one. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory would be a great story to base a ride on. They can make it in the POTC water based ride, Peter Pan dark ride format or even like a roller coaster format or even water/coaster like Splash Mountain. Warner Brothers is the studio for both(?) I think WDW could persuade them to license usage for the right $$ like they did with Star Wars. Charlie and Chocolate Factory would be a great ride not too sure what they would do with Harry Potter. Maybe a ride like HM with Voldemort chasing Harry or possible like Buzz where you could interact with Death Eaters shooting them or something like that.........

Any Ideas for these stories or any others?:mickey:

kutekelsey96
04-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. A Charlie and The Chocolate Factory ride would be awesome! For any of you who bought the Little Mermaid DVD, there is a special feature that takes you through their ideas for a move-based ride. They decided not to build it, which was very dissapointing. It looked like a really fun ride! :) Well, I think there should be a Chronicles Of Narnia ride. Maybe even a roller coaster. They don't have any roller-coasters based on Disney movies, so that would be a really fun idea. :mickey:

jrpersinger
04-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Harry Potter is going to be a Universal, not WDW.

kbean
04-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I saw someone mention Alice in Wonder on another post. I think that would be a fun idea for disney to throw around. But the only thing is that the film isn't current. It seems that Disney only keeps up with its current releases, hence, all these Pixar rides.I feel Disney needs to take a look at the classsics that made them who they are today, and do just one attraction that is alittle like their past.

Strmchsr
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
They already have an Alice in Wonderland ride - the tea cups. It's the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

jaredkari
04-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I have posted about this before. My idea was that they needed to build a James Bond 007 thrill ride at Hollywood studios. The line area could take you through the lab where they develop all the gadgets for the Bond to use. Q (John Cleese) could host the pre ride information movie. Maybe the story could be that you are new agents that are testing a new MI6 vehicle, but just as you about to test it you find out that Bond is in trouble and you must use this new technology to help Bond catch the bad guy. It could be a dark coaster ride of some sort. Thats my idea :mickey:

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see a coaster built to simulate Yzma's secret lab. That would be fun!:mickey:

Kurtoon
04-14-2008, 07:03 AM
I would like to see a ride with an Audio Animatronic Walt.

RobWreck
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
They could easily theme a dark ride around "101 Dalmations"... something similar to Snow White or Peter Pan, but with all the fun of 101 bouncing puppies. :D
Rob

cal5755
04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory sounds cool.... I don't have any ideas... just a ride that the whole family can do together versus another thrill ride.

Imagineer1981
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Harry Potter is going to be a Universal, not WDW.

and actually its going to be a land not just a ride...opening in 2010 I believe

Charlenne
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I've always thought a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dark ride similar to pirates would work really well and is something the studios doesn't really have.

I remember watching the Johnny Depp version and thinking that the boat going down the chocolate river would make for a great ride. Of course it could be very appealing for Disney as well b/c they could do a great gift shop afterwards with all kinds of Wonka candy.

katzctkpt
04-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I think they need several more rides at HS(MGM) there's stuff to do but, the main thrill rides are the 2. TOT & RRC. I like the James Bond idea and even the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

thrillme
04-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I'd like to see a coaster built to simulate Yzma's secret lab. That would be fun!:mickey:

Me too! Me too! Maybe a crazy coaster that turns everybody into LLAMAS at the end.

Main Street Jim
04-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah, but I don't think we own the rights to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...do we? I honestly don't know...LOLOLOL

WDWFREAK101
04-15-2008, 07:59 PM
They should make a Charlie And The Chocolate Factory ride, be in the boat and go down the chocolate rapids. It could be another water ride! :thumbsup:I don't see Disney doing it though because of rights. :thedolls: Oh well, as long as I don't see any sight of Harry Potter in my Disney World, I'll be fine. It seems like everywhere you go you see Harry Potter. It's getting annoying!

elmjimmlm
04-15-2008, 10:40 PM
When I watched Meet The Robinsons I thought that there could be a ride made out of it...With the lab, the past/future idea, the villian (cant remember his name)...And when they went into the future, didnt it say Todayland?...I thought that the movie was so cute...:mickey:

joonyer
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I would like to see a dark ride/attraction based on The Chronicles of Narnia!

phillydan
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
What about a coaster themed around the "door warehouse" from Monster's Inc? Seems like it would be a perfect fit.

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
actually, if you google around, and i really apologize for not having a link, some guy came up with a full concept for a Monsters Inc attraction inhabiting the old skyway station in tomorrowland!

it was so cool, he had building designs, ad layouts, the works!

it was for some ImagiNations contest!

Goofy1138
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
What about a coaster themed around the "door warehouse" from Monster's Inc? Seems like it would be a perfect fit.

I have thought the same of that for awhile. Another really good idea would be from Toy Story 2, the airport baggage part. It could be a rollercoster/inside animotronic style.

fairies*n*fireflies
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I love the idea of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, it would be great to have it start out in a candy meadow like the movie!:thumbsup: