PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Restaurants

RocknRoller94
04-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Okay, so now let's review restaurants at the Poly! So far, the California Grill is Winning at the Contemporary.

Polynesian Dweller
04-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Kona is one of our favorites because its not as hectic as Ohana. But Ohana certainly is a family friendly place and both are good.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I said Ohana's. It is one that we never miss on our trips.

TheMartellFamily
04-12-2008, 11:35 PM
O'Hanas is a fav of ours. Not to be missed.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 01:08 AM
We loved Spirit of Aloha!

DisneyorBust
04-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I have always had a great dinner at 'Ohanas.

pdrlkr
04-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Kona Cafe is one of the best keep secrets in WDW! :thumbsup:

disneyduggan
04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Just booked Ohanas for dinner on our first night. I thought it would be a fun way to start or trip! Can anyone tell me more?

Coconut races?
Menu lists "desserts" anything available other than the bread pudding?
Is it an outdoor restaurant?

Any additional info is appreciated!

AwPhooey
04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I chose 'Ohana... I've been to all three and all are great, but the castle view at 'Ohana is awesome.

I've always wondered, though... why doesn't the Polynesian have a fancy restaurant like California Grill at Contemporary and Citrico's and Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian. Was there ever a fancy restaurant at the Polynesian?

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I like 'Ohana a lot, but I voted for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show! We absolutely loved this show! :mickey:

Duchess99
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I chose Ohana :thumbsup:

Just booked Ohanas for dinner on our first night. I thought it would be a fun way to start or trip! Can anyone tell me more?

Coconut races?

Ohana is a family style restaurant and it's is not outdoors. It's located on the 2nd floor of the Polynesian resort. The appetizers are served in the middle of the table and then for the main course, cast members come around with BIG skewers of grilled meats for you to choose from and it's all you can eat. The food it fantastic and the atmosphere is a lot of fun!
The bread pudding is the only dessert option, but it is delish! I think if you request it, you can can a fresh fruit platter.
Enjoy! :eat:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Coconut races?

I admit I was not excited about trying the bread pudding at first. I say definitely give it a try, if you do not have allergies to its ingredients. It's pretty awesome. My DS9 loves it.

As for the coconut races, the children were given brooms to race coconuts across the floor. It was hilarious to watch. This dining experience was quite interactive. I even saw a few adults ("big kids") participating.

LudwigVonDrake
04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
'Ohana is a must do every trip :eat: Last trip I ate at Kona for the first time and it was delicious!! :tasty:

disneyduggan
04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Looking forward to Ohana in July! I know I will love the bread pudding...the picky eaters I am bringing along will have to judge for themselves. If you want seconds on anything i.e. the appetizers or bread pudding, and ask... will they bring more to your table?

LandFan
04-13-2008, 08:26 PM
We love Kona for the quiet and the food. We like O'hana a lot for the atmosphere/fun and the grilled meats. We seem to eat at Kona more so I voted Kona - love their teriyaki beef!!

RAIDER
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
A vote for Ohanas for me especially if you get a window seat when the fireworks are on :cloud9::thumbsup::mickey:

Jared
04-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I love 'Ohana, but I think Kona Cafe is my favorite. I prefer the traditional table service meal to the family-style, and those desserts are just extraordinary.

:tasty:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I voted for Ohana's because the kids liked it better. Kona's is one of the best kept disney dining secrets. Both are fantastic!