PDA

View Full Version : Is this fact or fiction?

mickey&missy
04-12-2008, 08:34 PM
When we ate at Fulton's Crabhouse our waiter told us that there is a small area behind the Magic KIngdom owned by a family that never sold their property to the Disney Company. He said there is a house there and they have a private driveway etc.

I'm wondering of this is true.

He got a few WDW facts wrong, like the opening etc so I'm thinking this isn't true.

I know so someone here will know the answer. I all my reading etc I've never heard anything about this.

TIA!

medic9016
04-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I have been told that before too. I looked on Google Earth, there may be a house behind MK with a red roof with a short driveway. It is a good ways for MK. I looked again I think that house is on a road outside of Disney Property.

Jessie
04-12-2008, 09:17 PM
And I'm off to google earth!

princessjojo
04-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I saw the same house as well and really can't tell. It looks like there may be some apartments very close by which also leads me to think it may be off property as well. I don't know, but that would be cool to know you lived on Disney Property.

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I had heard this as well and for some reason Im thinking I even saw the driveway with the PRIVATE PROPERTY sign & chain across it which is what prompted me to ask about it in the first place ... dont hold me to it though

JPL
04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I know there is a resort built on land that WDW couldn't acquire and they have a private access road perhaps this is what the waiter was talking about. The Bonnet Creek Resort is in the middle of WDW property.

trackbarroness
04-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Bonnet Creek can be accessed from Buenna Vista rd, and I think the waiter was/is referring to the road in back of the Magic Kingdom Cast parking. I might know but can't say for sure if there is or not. I know that there are cattle back there and pigs and perhaps other animals back there. Loads of orange trees that for sure.