PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Parking Access?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm hoping that some of experts can help me with a slightly strange question.

We are travelling with my Mom who has a disabled parking permit, issued here in Ontario due to her arthritis, she just can't manage walking any sort of distance.

She will have a scooter in for the parks, and we will mostly be taking Disney transport, but in case we drive once in a while, we're wondering if we will be able to use her parking permit to park in the disabled spots in the parking lots?

I've searched on the web, and it seems that Florida only officially recognizes permits issued in other states, it doesn't say anything about international permits. Some of the states we're driving through, such as Ohio clearly state that they recognize all permits so I'm worried now.

We will be able to use her parking permit at WDW?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice!

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Absolutely you can. We travel with my Ontario mother to the land of the Mouse, and her pass is true and valid! Don't worry!! Have a great trip!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much!!

ElenitaB
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
As Jenn said, you absolutely can use your home dpp at the parks. Please be aware that the parking lots can be far from the park gate and there is no provided transportation between them and the park entrance. We found that Disney transportation leaves you the closest, and you don't have to load up the wheelchair or scooter in your car/van. The only place that I'd drive, would probably be Downtown Disney.

dlpmikki
04-13-2008, 12:10 PM
The studios Disabled parking is the only one that gets closer than the buses but they don't have a huge number of spaces.

ElenitaB
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Mikki! :notworth:

thejens
04-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Is there a way to drop off disabled passenger and then go park? I am guessing no.

ElenitaB
04-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Not sure about the other parks, but there is a drop-off for the MK which is located close to the TTC's ferry landing. I used it when my mom was with us and she was in a wheelchair.