PDA

View Full Version : Need IDEAS

JMTStone
04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Our anniversary is coming up on our next trip to WDW and I need some ideas for dinner just us. We are using DDP but most of my Character meals have already taken up our points. We are staying at the BWV. It will just be me and DH. Kids will be at either Sandcastle Club (DD6) or with her dance friends (DD15).

Here's the rest of our ressies:
Le Cellier
Brown Derby/Fantasmic
Chef Mickey’s Contemp (Char)
Tusker House (Char)
Cinderella’s Royal Table (Char)
Spoodles

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 05:09 PM
If you enjoy dancing have you considered Bongos at DTD? The food is fantastic, the restaurant is beautiful and tho none of us are salsa dancers we really have a great time "trying". Besides sitting back and watching those who DO know what theyre doing is fun too. I like this place too cuz you get the food/music/dancing without paying extra like at PI. Im sure they would do something special too if you let them know its your anniversary (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BTW!!!!)

If youre looking for a quieter atmosphere and you dont mind paying a little extra than other places I cant say enough good things about the Yachtsman at the Yacht Club! The food and service are phenomenal. OR Jikos - hands down my favorite of all Disney restaurants. You could maybe try to get a sunset dinner and a window table that over looks the savannah.. again let them know its your anniversary!

Tigger&Stitch
04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats!

We honeymooned in WDW, and will be spending our anniversary there later this year. We went to Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge for our first dinner on our honeymoon, and it was incredible. We plan to eat there on our anniversary as well.

I also highly recommend California Grill - if you let them know it's your annivesary they most likely will sit you next to the window so you can catch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. And the food? Amazing!

Both of those might be a bit far for you, though.

Bistro de Paris in Epcot could be a good choice. I haven't been there, but we plan to go on this trip. You can't make reservations there until 30 days out, though.

Caroleh
04-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! I'd suggest a place that Natazu suggestd for me for my birthday and that was Flying Fish Cafe. The food there was fanastic. My DH and I ar planning on eating there again.

Natazu
04-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW "just-the-two-of-us" Restaurants:
7. Il Mulino (not on DDP)
6. Narcoossee’s
5. Kona Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's (not on DDP)

If you're short on DDP credits, maybe pay out of pocket for the adults at the less expensive Tusker House and use those credits for your special dinner.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
We enjoyed the Coral Reef. You get a copy of the menu with your anniversary celebration date on it, a complimentary glass of champaigne, and for an extra fee, you can call and have a diver hold a sign in the tank that says Happy Anniversary! We didn't do the latter but I have read on here that it can be done. It was a very nice meal.

yjgirl715
04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
JMSTone- I really enjoyed the Coral Reef- I thought the food was really good and not too expensive and then you would even have a souvenir for lasting memories. Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy!

Mickey91- WOW- do you have any more info about the Coral Reef diver? I would greatly appreciate it- I too am planning a celebration when we go to Disney and that would be great to do! Really surprise them.

Belle_0717
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Here are a list of my DH and my favorites.

Boma- I know it's a buffet, but the food and the service are increadible.

Kona- The desserts are killer

'Ohana- We went there for our anniversary last year. The singer made us stand up and dance while he sang Elvis.

Fulton's- We both love seafood, and the selection is great.

Where ever you decide to go let them know you are celebrating your anniversary and the cast members will make it special.

JMTStone
04-15-2008, 07:19 PM
We just got ressies for the Yachtsman Steak House for our Anniversary. We don't want to be too far from our girls. After, we can hang out and dance at the Atlantic Dance Hall. DD6 will spend the evening hours at the Sandcastle Club and DD15 will be with her dance friends.

I will be getting a cake for us.:cake: I already ordered the Bride and Groom gift set from Disney Floral to be delivered to our room that day too. We'll have our Mickey Bridal ears on all day long! :groom::bride:I'm glad I'm married to a guy who can pull that off with a smile!:mickey:

Thank you all for your help. Be prepared for a trip report. I can't touch Ribeyespud, though!:peter:

joonyer
04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I'd also recommend California Grill for an anniversary. it's been voted by restaurant critics as one of the top restaurants in all of Florida. Great food and great atmosphere. Takes two TS credits though, so I'd scrimp some other night. It's worth it.

JMTStone
04-17-2008, 03:44 PM
We made a change based on your recommendations.

9:50 Ressies for California Grill. Fireworks are at 10:00 on this night.:pixie:

How about that? WHOO HOO

Natazu
04-18-2008, 01:43 AM

How about that? WHOO HOO
Well done!

joonyer
04-18-2008, 11:47 AM

How about that? WHOO HOO

9:50 is cutting it kind of close for the fireworks. Remember, your ADR is not a guarantee that you'll be seated by 9:50, but that you'll get the next available table at that time. I'd get there about 30 minutes early just to make sure. If you are not seated at a table by the time WISHES starts, Cali Grill has a balcony viewing area that is awesome. You'll get to see the fireworks and then enjoy a fabulous meal. Don't worry you won't regret it.

Be sure to report back and let us know how it went.

SBETigg
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
You can also get there early, check in at the podium, and ask them to take you upstairs for a drink(soft or wine, they make great recommendations) at the bar while you wait for your table. That way, you'll be all checked in and if your table isn't ready, you can still take your drinks to the rooftop viewing area, watch the show, and then you'll be seated. If your table comes up while your watching the fireworks, they'll wait to seat you. It's really amazing. Great choice! Enjoy.