PDA

View Full Version : breakfast

mickeytravel
04-12-2008, 09:31 AM
What is your opinion of the best character breakfast? We are on the dining plan and plan to use table service for dinner but we think we want to pay for a breakfast.:mickey:

jans2kids
04-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Cape May Cafe - Yacht and Beach Club

Brainiak5
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
We've had good luck with Akershus and Cinderella's - mostly because my daughter is a Princess fan. My son was too young at the time to have an opinion, but now that he's older we're going to compromise and try O'Hana's this time as they both like Lilo and Stitch.

In ever occasion I have felt the Princesses spent a good deal of time interacting with the kids. We've never had a situation where we felt shortchanged - and the food was very good at both with top notch table service. Im sure you'll have a good time with whichever one you choose:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-12-2008, 12:00 PM
There is no doubt in my mind, we enjoy Chef Mickey's the most! :mickey:

homeschool mom
04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
We really enjoy Chef Mickey's. We have been 3 times and each time the character interaction was great as was the food. Our last trip was for DDs birthdays - one 16 and one 13, both on May 22. The characters were great and Minnie even "sang" happy birthday to them.

We also like Crystal Palace. Again, good character interaction and a great breakfast buffet.

RockinRollerMom
04-12-2008, 02:45 PM
We love the Mary Poppins breakfast at the Grand Floridian. (Supercalifragilistic breakfast at 1900 Park Fare) But if your looking for the classic disney characters you can't go wrong with Chef Mickey.

Wrigley
04-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I would choose Crystal Palace. The character interaction is wonderful, the setting is beautiful, and the food is really good. There is a wide selection of food. It is also nice to get into the MK early and take some photos before the park officialy opens. It is my fave character breakfast!:mickey:

JMTStone
04-12-2008, 04:34 PM
My husband is STILL talking about the sausages at Cinderella's Royal Table and we just love the princesses, having two of our own.

kathiep
04-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Crystal Palace!

It's beautiful, the food is great (puffed french toast :cloud9:) and the character interation is good too.

Plus, we always make our ADR's as early as possible. There's something so special about walking down Main Street before the park is open.

Nicki'sMom
04-12-2008, 06:19 PM
We really liked Cape May Cafe for breakfast. Has all the traditional breakfast foods and wonderful fresh fruit and pastries. I also liked the coffee. Great character interaction, too.

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
We love Chef Mickey's. We try to always have a breakfast there each trip!:mickey:

pox24
04-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Chef Mickey's:thumbsup:

joonyer
04-14-2008, 06:00 PM
My wife likes Pooh and Friends so we have enjoyed going to Crystal Palace. But my boys like the main Disney characters, and for that I think Donald's at AK (now at Tusker House) is the best "Character" breakfast because it has the classic original big 4 Disney characters:
Mickey :mickey2: Goofy :goofy2: Donald :donald: and Pluto :pluto:. You won't find them together anywhere else.

You will find that the food at all the character breakfasts is about the same; similar quality although some of the selections may differ.
I have found that the food quality is about the same at all of them, good food and plenty of it. You'll want to skip lunch.

Duchess99
04-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Chef Mickey's. It has the best grouping of characters and a great variety of food.

Belle_0717
04-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine. The food has been the best of all the character breakfasts we have gone to.

disney100%
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Cape May Cafe - Yacht and Beach Club

I completely agree. We ate there on our last trip. We loved the food, service, and character interaction. We are going back in October, and we can't wait!

NJ Camper
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
My wife likes Pooh and Friends so we have enjoyed going to Crystal Palace. But my boys like the main Disney characters, and for that I think Donald's at AK (now at Tusker House) is the best "Character" breakfast because it has the classic original big 4 Disney characters:
Mickey :mickey2: Goofy :goofy2: Donald :donald: and Pluto :pluto:. You won't find them together anywhere else.

You will find that the food at all the character breakfasts is about the same; similar quality although some of the selections may differ.
I have found that the food quality is about the same at all of them, good food and plenty of it. You'll want to skip lunch.

these are the same group that are at chef mickey plus you get minnie mouse so you get 5 not just 4 classics

JerseyDad
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
....we've done Chef Mickey's as well as 1900 Park Fare character breakfasts a few times...and the food has always been very good at each. However my personal preference is 1900 Park Fare.

I don't know if it's the Grand Floridian's theming or the "victorian" characters [Pooh, Mary Poppins, Tigger, Peter Pan, Tweedle Dee & Dum...Mad Hatter...etc]...but I really like it there. And..the time of year we go (1st Week November)..they are putting together the Gingerbread House in the main lobby....

...so I'm kinda' sold on that breakfast.

...or perhaps it's also due to the fact that they make a killer Bloody Mary?

joonyer
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
these are the same group that are at chef mickey plus you get minnie mouse so you get 5 not just 4 classics

When we've been to Chef Mickey's, there was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Chip & Dale, but no Donald or Pluto. Did they change their lineup?