PDA

View Full Version : Poly vs WL

kwhitt3202
04-11-2008, 10:33 PM
We are going to wdw in December and have narrowed our resort choises to two resorts Poly or WL. It will be dh, ds (3), and myself. We have stayed at the Poly the last two years and loved it. We are torn between trying something new or sticking with the Poly.
what are the pros and cons for both and which one would you choose

HELP US PLEASE!!!!!!!

Mickey91
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Wow! What a hard choice! You have chosen my two favorite resorts! I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I will say, in the spirit of Christmas, I would choose WL. The beautifully decorated lodge will take your breath away!! And, don't forget to book the sleigh ride! It is simply an experience to cherish!:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-12-2008, 12:04 PM
These are my two favorite resorts! Tough choice! For me, especially at Christmas, I would pick Wilderness Lodge! However, if being on the monorail route is important to you, go Poly! Either way, you can't go wrong! :mickey:

mac badger
04-12-2008, 02:09 PM
both great resorts, but i say go for something new and try WL. i love poly, but WL is more laid back and quiet. the lobby at Poly has just gotten too crowded due to Ohanas. and WL is very christmas-y

Gotimone
04-13-2008, 09:29 AM
These are both great choices... :thumbsup: But I think the WL at that time of the year is especially beautiful.. and your son would probably love it.. I say GO FOR IT;)

rj
04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
We loved both of them. I would go with WL to try something new. Don't forget to eat at Artist Point at WL and try the smoky mushroom soup ;)

krorx
04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
While we are Poly lovers, I think Christmas at the WL would be absolutely beautiful. The only drawback to the WL, and it's a small one, is the bus and ferry transportation verses the monorail. If you don't care about not being on the monorail, then you can't go wrong with WL.

javamama
04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I've now stayed at both places, WL 3 times, and Poly once. I vote Poly due to location and monorail--little boys love trains. Trust me I have one. This was the highlight of his trip this time, he rode in the cockpit three times of the monorail pure bliss for a 4 yo boy. Don't get me wrong I love the WL, it's grand the beauty of the place is awsome. But nothing IMO beats the Poly, it totally reminds me of paradise being to Hawaii three times. I love the feeling of the tropics/islands and what christmastime would be like there. Flip a coin you can't go wrong:)

joonyer
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Going in December, I'd choose WL. As others have said the Christmas decorations are fabulous there.
In warmer times of the year I'd choose the Poly. Better pools and a south seas atmosphere. Either way you go, you can't go wrong.

Sinewiz
04-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I've stayed at the Poly once and the WL three times and I would pick the WL at any time of the year but particularly at Christmas time. I have had one stay there the week before Christmas and you can't beat the atmosphere during the holidays. :thumbsup: