PDA

View Full Version : If only I wuz 'that guy'

HairyBear
04-11-2008, 09:14 PM
For the Laugh Floor how is 'that guy' chosen? My first guess was a particular seat but it's just a guess..... Anyone know how they pick. 'That guy' during the show I attended didn't look to happy to be chosen...I would not mind being 'that guy 'but wasn't chosen.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 10:22 PM
It's been different seats every time... but all but once it was on the right side of the theater (right side when sitting down facing stage) about 1/4 of the way back, about 3 or 4 seats from the aisle... I guess they just pick someone in that area. But it seems to be the same general area.

wendybird
04-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Not sure if they still do the phone gag, but I was chosen for that when the phone on the wall next to me rang and I had to anwer it. Had never been before so had no idea what was in store or that that was a potentially "participation" seat.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Not sure if they still do the phone gag, but I was chosen for that when the phone on the wall next to me rang and I had to anwer it. Had never been before so had no idea what was in store or that that was a potentially "participation" seat.

I think you're thinking of the comedy club at PI

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2008, 11:01 PM
It's random.

I sat in the second row on the left side, and VERY UNFORTUNATELY, I was chosen as "That Guy."

I wanted no part of the role, and seriously considered a gesture which would have prevented the camera from panning on me, but alas, it is Disney, and I played along...

I do believe, from my experience, they chose someone as they walk in - and keep the camera on him.

I used to think it was the rows with "lights" on the tables, but I can assure you, that is not the case.

wendybird
04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
OMG I feel like a dork. You are so right, was thinking of Comedy Club. Sorry!

mainstreet1997
04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
My dad got chosen as that guy!

Hes about 6'5 so maybe that had somethign to do with it. We have a feeling there are camears in the queue area and they look for someone distinctive they can pick out during the show!

The little monster (Mikes nephew) goes "Ive already picked out my Halloween costume! Next year Im going as THIS GUY!...and they show my dad

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
OMG I feel like a dork. You are so right, was thinking of Comedy Club. Sorry!

:::pointing and laughing at the dork:::

I kid, I kid! To tell you the truth, the first time someone told me about the Laugh Factory, I thought they were talking about the Comedy Club... so I felt like a real genius next time we went to PI and I am like "where's Mike???"... but don't tell anyone I am that dumb...:secret:

elmjimmlm
04-13-2008, 12:52 AM
It seems like it is people that are near the front to me...We(my DH and myself) dont want to go back in case we are the "chosen"...:blush:

#1donaldfan
04-13-2008, 07:56 AM
At first I thought it would be fun, but after getting in there....I DID NOT WANT IT!!!! I can't explain why, normally I'm outgoing and a "people person"....but no, no, no....not me please !!!!!:blush:

Buttercup
04-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen the show but I've heard all about it many times. I'll be watching it for the first time on our next trip.

But from what I understand, they seem to want someone that looks serious so that when they show them onscreen, they purposely look uncomfortable.

turkeyleg
04-13-2008, 10:07 AM
This will be my first trip since January 2006 but I plan to take my boys there. I wouldn't mind being "that guy". It sounds like fun.

biodtl
04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd love it - I never mind being made a fool of (if it's good natured). I'd love to see DH be that guy. He's the type who acts like he would hate it, but instead loves it.

HairyBear
04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I haven't seen the show but I've heard all about it many times. I'll be watching it for the first time on our next trip.

But from what I understand, they seem to want someone that looks serious so that when they show them onscreen, they purposely look uncomfortable.

That would make sense I guess it wouldn't be as funny if a person lets say with mickey ears was picked on because they look like they are probably more jovial to start with. Let's just hope they don't pick the stereo typical violent post office worker! :silly::laughing:

Tick-Tock
04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
My DH was "that guy". He enjoyed it. I think they picked him out cause he's tall and thin.

Soul_Power
04-13-2008, 02:26 PM
That would make sense I guess it wouldn't be as funny if a person lets say with mickey ears was picked on because they look like they are probably more jovial to start with.

My boyfriend was chosen as "that guy." Funny thing is that he WAS wearing Mickey ears! :mickey: It was our first time going to the laugh floor, and we wouldn't have had it any other way. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

SurferStitch
04-13-2008, 03:57 PM
DH was chosen as "That Guy", and he thought it was great.

I didn't notice any pattern at all how they chose the person. We saw the show a few times, and the people were scattered all over. We sat about halfway back, close to the inner aisle. No lights in our row. DH was dressed normal, and took off his Stitch Santa hat before we entered the show room....so as not to draw attention to himself since not many people had that hat anymore (it wasn't sold on property this past December). DH is a great sport, and loves a good time, so he had fun being "That Guy". You don't really have to do anything....just have your face up on the screens several times throughout the show.

hmcfall711
04-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I was not picked as "that guy" because I am not a guy. But when we went I felt like such a dork because I was asked to tell a Knock Knock joke and I did not have one. :confused:

Do they know how long it has been since I found knock knock jokes amuzing. I teach Kindergarten but I highly discourage this type of behavior. It gets out of hand and 5 and 6 year olds do not have the greatest sense of humor. It turns into truly irritating stuff.

Next time I will be prepared.

My DH would love to be "that guy" he's a nut case regularly. Being at WDW just enhances his character.:goof:

Disneyatic
04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
The first time we saw the show, DH commented that he would hate to be "that guy". We saw it again a few days later and wouldn't you know it, DH was "that guy". He played along and made some shocked faces when he noticed himself on the screen. It was fun and a good memory. DD loves the remind him! He got the sticker that says "I was THAT guy" and we put it in our autograph book.
We were sitting on the right hand side, close to the front and about 3 or 4 seats from the inner aisle. I didn't notice if there was a pattern to the choosing.