PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur: How scary is it?

WriteDisney
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
I've been on Dinosaur twice, once a few years back and more recently last year. Whenever I get on it, I firmly believe I am about to be eatten. It absolutely terrifies me! There's just no convincing me their not real, it's absolutely the scariest ride I have ever been on.

Every time I ask the people I visit WDW with, they always agree that it is loud and shaky, but they don't really think its "terrifying" or "that they'll be eatten."

This will probably help me decide whether I want to go on it again. I said I wouldn't, but I usually end up convincing myself to do it anyway (since we don't get to visit the world very often).

So I'm going to put this poll out there for the general audience, what do you think intercot?

Mackflava99
04-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Its bumpy- and loud but aside from the big dino- its really not too bad

MMouse6937
04-11-2008, 05:33 PM
It's definately very loud and visually overwhelming in places, but I love it!! :number1:

I think you just have to focus on the fact that no one has been eaten on Dinosaur so just have a good time, enjoy the experience, it's great.

Funny story: when we were there last year my mom was going on and on about how she would ride and it would be great, she would be so brave. Well she did ride but at the part where the t-rex or the big dino with the camera came out, I looked and smiled real big. When we get out and look at our picture, there is me, DH, and my dad looking at the camera with big smiles on our faces and mom with her face buried in her arms. I SO should have bought that picture, it was hysterical!! :D

Polynesian Dweller
04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
It doesn't scare me at all but as others say it is loud, deafening at times.

GrmGrninGost
04-11-2008, 06:51 PM
It just depends on the person, just as many other things do! For me, it's not scary. For my DW, it would be terrifying! For my DD, she would probably scream and cry! To each his (or her) own! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
We ride it all the time but it is annoyingly loud and jerky for me. My family on the other hand loves it. :mickey:

thatkindofday
04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
It really scares me, but I love it! It helps knowing that the carnotaur isn't going to really eat me, but always gets me by surprise, creating the absolute best attraction pictures!

Side note: the last time we went on it, I was with my 20 y.o. sister, 18 y.o. cousin and 17 y.o. cousin. I was 22 at the time. The picture was AWESOME! My sis had her hands over her eyes, I had my hands over my mouth, my 18 y.o. cousin had his hands over his ears, and my 17 y.o. cousin had his head buried in my shoulder. It was SOOO funny! Especially since my two cousins are really macho guys and they were in there screaming like little girls!! Hehe

BMan62
04-11-2008, 08:48 PM
What bothers me about this ride is the herky-jerky motion of the 'time rover.' I understand the bouncing over rough terrain, but the jerks on stops and starts can be tuned down just a little!

momof3+twins
04-11-2008, 08:55 PM
My 5 year old was scared!

HairyBear
04-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Most kids should be scared.

WriteDisney
04-12-2008, 09:35 AM
I love the stories!! :thumbsup:

mickeytravel
04-12-2008, 09:47 AM
i have been on that ride 6 time (because my family makes me) and cannot tell you one thing about it because i close my eyes through the whole thing. I am terrified!:confused:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-12-2008, 10:12 AM
It is fine for me but my wife and 9 year old are terrified so we only ride it occasionally. My daughter every other trip decides she wants to try it again because she is growing up and by the time it is over she is freaking out. On the other hand my 3 year old has never been on it but is a rebel and will probably enjoy it in a couple of years.

BritCody
04-12-2008, 12:41 PM
the scare factor depends on the person, but it is definitely bumpy!!!

KineGirl
04-12-2008, 12:55 PM
What bothers me about this ride is the herky-jerky motion of the 'time rover.' I understand the bouncing over rough terrain, but the jerks on stops and starts can be tuned down just a little!

I agree! I DO find the ride pretty scary but the jerkiness is what keeps me away. Im already all tense on the ride! - all that stopping short, bumps and jerks make me feel like Ive been in a mild fender bender afterwards. :ill: My DD LOVES this ride tho and will ride as often as time permits!

battle beast
04-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I've only been on it once, but I hated it. it was extremely freaky, :scared: and very, very loud. Never again will I brave this terrible fear factory! :nope:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
04-13-2008, 05:03 AM
I have said this I think 103 times before :D but I was never in my life as scared as on Dinosaur..I rode it twice now, and both were absolutely terrible, I was dizzy, confused and white as a ghost!

I am normally a thrilljunkie, I love all rollercoasters, I love ToT, Test Track, Indiana Jones Adventure, the Hulk..everything!

But Dinosaur, never never again :)

Bringonthemouse!
04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
My DD16 and I are usually laughing to hard at being "jerked" around in the ride car to be scared of the looming Dino's!!!
:funny:

kutekelsey96
04-13-2008, 12:58 PM
At first I was scared of this ride because it was so loud and hearing bill nye the science guy yelling "YOUR NOT GONNA MAKE IT!" at age 6 wasn't very reassuring =] But now, when I go on I make faces and wink at the big dino . When I get off and see the hilarious picture, I wanna get on again!;)

DigitalDaredevil
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
The first time I rode Dinosaur, it gave me a few surprise scares. It is pretty dark and bumpy.
The final scare was a doozie. It is well done and a fun ride. I didn't find it horror scary, just more surprise scary.

dismommy
04-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I have only ridden once and I was scared. In fact I bought the photo because my son and I look so scared and if we believe the dino will eat us, but the again I am almost completely blind in the dark so this my not be the best kind of ride for me because it plays with my perceptions to much noise and dark, I don't know where things are and where things are coming from . But yesterday when we were discussing our November trip my son told me how much he wanted to ride dinosaur again. go figure.

NewmanFamily6
04-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Dinosaur scared my children so badly on our first family trip in 2005 that they still won't get back on it:( They screamed like someone was trying to kill them. I felt like the worst parent in the world. So we won't be getting back on until they are ready:thumbsup:

cloud9
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I completely understand the fear factor of Dinosaur. The first time I went on Dinosaur I was scared out of my mind. My DH wanted to buy the picture because I looked so terrified but I wouldn't let him. I felt embarassed.:blush:

We usually go everytime we are at AK now so I have gotten over being scared. I pretty much know where everything is that will pop out at me so I can anticipate it. I really wish we had bought that picture though. That was a real kodak moment that cannot be recreated. :D

SoaringDisney
04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
This poll makes me chuckle. The last time I rode I was with my 36 year old sister. Her faced was buried in my arm and her screams were piercing my ears. It was hillarious. Not so scary to me, but she is still having nightmares.

larandtra
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Scary? Not really. Sudden shocks at times? Absolutely.

LandFan
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
The first time, the last Dino was pretty scary (surprise scary, not evil - bloodthirsty scary) but I usually just find it REALLY jarring and cool:thumbsup: I will say, it is the only ride I have been scared that I would be thrown out of in my life :D

AnnetteFan
04-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Basically anything that jumps out at me is frightening. It could be a big fuzzy kitty cat and if it popped up out of no where it would scare me. That being said, Dinosaur isn't really scary to me except for the jumping out of the carnataurus.

Sweezy
04-14-2008, 03:25 AM
i went with not scary at all, but i guess it could border on 'mostly just loud', heh. not a real standout ride either way~

RAIDER
04-14-2008, 09:01 AM
A vote for not at all ....more back breaking if anything ;)

cal5755
04-14-2008, 09:20 AM
It is very loud so I voted for that but I didnt think it was scary... my youngest was 4 last year and she was not afraid...however it could be for some that young... I didnt realize I would need a backbrace when I was done though lol... We will be doing it again when we go back.

IloveDisney71
04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
My oldest DD and I love this ride. But my youngest DD (now 18 yrs.) will NOT ride it. She hasn't ridden since she was younger. It scared her to death and she will NOT get on it for any reason!

Dyanna
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I absolutely love this ride but just wish they would turn the volume down a little. It is way too loud!

Tygger7
04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Alien Encounter: Now THAT was terrifying.

Dinosaur - For our family, not at all scary...just fun. I'll take it ANY day over ToT. :mickey:

Darbylew
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I think it would be scary for little ones but I like
the ride. It is kind of jerky and bumpy but it is
a fun ride. :thumbsup:

Jeff G
04-14-2008, 10:16 AM
The first thing that pops in my mind when I think of this ride is LOUD and alomost to an uncomfortable level. I don't find it scary and would probably enjoy it a little more if they turned down the volume just a touch.

On a side note, I've taken many friends & their kids on this ride and out of all of the WDW rides this one is the one that seems to scare the most. I always tell kids the ride is intense before they ride. My DD(11) & DS(9) love the ride and have been doing it since they were little but it's not for all kids.

prttynpnk
04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I love Dinosaur- I consider it my fav ride. But, that being said, I know I court death every single time. I am scared witless everytime and the picture is usually me imbedded in my husbands arm and the loud noises you hear are me.
But I love the ride and I so far have not been eaten.
:mickey:

poohbearfan
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I love this ride!!!:thumbsup: In my opinion it is one of the most thrilling rides at WDW. The only thing I could say when I rode it the first time was "That was intense!!!"

I still don't think I have seen everything there is to see on it. It is very loud, but I think it adds to the thrill!!!

The scariest part to me is the very end when the dinosaur comes down from the ceiling!! Gives me goosebumps everytime!!!

Gator
04-15-2008, 01:08 AM
No matter how many times I ride it, I feel a primal fear when we enter the dark jungle. I get creeped out just thinking about it. And I plan on going on it again. Stupid, eh!

mrsgaribaldi
04-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Most kids should be scared.

That's what I think. Adults know it's not real so it's not real scary then, just loud. At least that's how it is for me:mickey:

illini
04-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I have said this I think 103 times before :D but I was never in my life as scared as on Dinosaur..I rode it twice now, and both were absolutely terrible, I was dizzy, confused and white as a ghost!

I am normally a thrilljunkie, I love all rollercoasters, I love ToT, Test Track, Indiana Jones Adventure, the Hulk..everything!

But Dinosaur, never never again :)

Yep, this is me. I've never been scared of a ride before. Dinosaur freaks me out completely! Now somehow in the midst of being scared, I do have enough wits about me to laugh at myself. I *know* it's ridiculous but it scares the beejesus out of me nonetheless.

My oldest takes it in stride, even thinks it's a bit silly. My son liked it on previous trips but this last one (at 7), he was scared-- but wanted to go again anyway (we hid under a jacket together!). The 5 y/o DD, however, loved it! Go figure.