PDA

View Full Version : High School Graduation Ceremony

crazypoohbear
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Who among us did NOT participate in their High school graduation ceremony for whatever reason?
Did it affect you in the long run?

LauraleeH
04-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I was home-schooled so I didn't have a graduation ceremony, but I did have a little party with my other home-schooled friends that were graduating that year. We don't feel like we missed out on anything ;)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
My sister skipped hers. I would've died had I missed mine. But her reasoning made sense: she didn't like anyone she went to school with, all of her extra curricular's were outside of school anyways, and she only took 1 class at the high school her senior year... she is also quite the non-conformist.

She doesn't regret it at all. It was just the right decision for her.

crazypoohbear
04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
That's good to know.

I know that in my family 5 out of 8 kids did NOT graduate with their class and they mostly did not seem to care. Either summer school, stayed back, didn't want to go through the pomp and circumstance .
but I am interested in knowing if anyone regrets NOT participating, or if you regret Participating.
if anyone missed the ceremony due to other reasons etc.
I know that my mother's generation most of the men had left school to join the war and the girls were left alone.

I'm curious as to why people do not go to the ceremoy/

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-11-2008, 11:25 PM
You already know why I didn't participate but I'll tell everyone else. I flunked Biology in my senior year (the ONLY science I took all 4 years) and you needed at least one science to graduate. The teacher would NOT give me extra help. He was a real helpful person! So I had to go to summer school. I know I didn't pass then either but the summer school teacher passed me because he knew I tried to get it and I showed up every class.
I didn't really hang around with anyone at school so I didn't really care that I didn't go through the ceremony. I did have a party though. And it was all the people that I did hang around with not classmates that I didn't care about.

pink
04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I worked hard during high school so missing me high school graduation was not even an option for me- I wanted to go. Meanwhile my DBF didn't really care about school and only went for his friends. He didn't want to go to his graduation but I convinced him to do it because I thought one day he would look back and regret that he didn't go. I asked him recently if he thinks it made any difference going and he said he didn't care either way. He would have been fine without it. I guess it just depends on the person. :mickey:

offwego
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Didn't go to mine, moved my senior year and only did one semester at the school I "graduated" from and it was in a whole different town so I didn't do a party/ceremony nada.

Doesn't really bother me but it's a whole lot of water under the bridge now. (it's been 18-19 years I guess)

Stitchahula
04-14-2008, 04:13 PM
As you know I'm one of the ones that didn't graduate with my class but like payroll princess I had to go to summer school too. For gym....actually I had been excused for the year but they "lost" my note we offered to get a new one but they wouldn't allow it. I guess they thought I was just really good at skipping class. I kind of miss not going but only because it wasn't my choice it was made for me unfairly so. Instead of going to see what few friends I had in my class ( I didn't like most of the people in my school they were to into themselves). I went down to the cape for the day and came home in time to go to some of the graduation parties that night.