PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust needed for Jared

BriarRose0708
04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi all!

Our good friend and Intercot member Jared needs some pixie dust and good thoughts today! To say he's been having some car trouble lately would be an understatement! Last night his car was smashed up again by some careless drivers who didn't look while backing up and ran into him. Of course, there's minor scratches on their Lexus SUV, but poor Jared's car is smashed!

So here's some :pixie::pixie::tink: for you, friend! It will be ok soon!

merlinmagic4
04-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh no! :pixie: Hope it helps! It sounds like you are okay so that's a good thing!

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh my! He will be in my thoughts.

Here's some pixie dust!

:pixie: :pixie:

PirateLover
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Getting your car totaled is the worst. It's really a pain to have to search for another one, deal with the insurance claims etc., so plenty of car :pixie: on the way to you Jared. At least you did not get hurt.

offwego
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
:pixie::pixie: For you and your car Jared. Hope it gets worked out quickly.

MsMin
04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
sending :pixie: for Jared hope things get better real soon... :pixie:

pogo
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey buddy.... :pixie: Good luck and remember, 100 years from now, nobody will know the difference ! :D

KineGirl
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I totally hate when that happens!! Glad that Jared is ok though (I hope.. let us know)

:pixie: for Jared and his poor car.

:nono: to the ppl who were careless.. Jared couldve been seriously hurt! They should watch where theyre going!!

Jeff G
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
:pixie: for your car Jared. Hopefully you were able to walk away unharmed. A car is replaceable as long as you have your health.

Beast_fanatic
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Again with the crashed car?! Maybe Jared needs to install some bumper pads on his car. ;)

Just kidding! Lots of :pixie: that the car can be repaired and quickly!

disneydeb
04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Jared , this fairy godmother wishes she could send you this..:car: or this :truck:
but you'll have to settle for this :hug:and this :pixie: for now..

MauiMouse
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Jared, sorry about the car, but so glad that you are okay. :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
04-11-2008, 04:57 PM
:pixie:

Pixie dust for good car vibes!

TikiG

Kairi_7378
04-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Poor Jared! The last thing that a starving college student needs is a totaled car :( Glad to hear that you are okay. Maybe you can steal a Doom Buggy to cruise around in after your May trip?

droopy d.
04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Thoughts and prayers.:pixie:

BronxTigger
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Jared, your car problems in the last year have really gotten ridiculous!

Here's some :pixie: for you and your car!

dismommy
04-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and good thoughts coming your way Jared!

RedSoxFan
04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Jared -- Sorry to hear about your car. Hope you are OK. At least there is about 4 weeks of school left.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Pixie dust heading your way. And hopefully that's the ONLY thing heading for you. I'm glad you are ok.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jared
04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks for all the pixie dust and good wishes. Don't worry, I am totally fine.

The car was not totaled, but the damages are about $2,500. If the other driver corroborates my account, which she should, I will be found completely not at-fault, and the claim will be filed under her insurance policy. Based on the location of the damage, it seems very unlikely she can prove she did not simply back into me. Since I was in the lane and she was backing up, she was supposed to stop. I know she won't completely admit blame, but I think it will be fine.

I have had car problems in the last seven months, but I would always admit when I make a mistake. I've replayed the situation a million times today, trying to figure out what I could've done differently. There was nothing else I could've done. The girl had three passengers with her. I'm sure they were just excited to start their weekend, and the driver just didn't look back long enough. Her parents, I'm sure, are trying to get her to somehow say it wasn't her fault, but hopefully the insurance company can figure out exactly what happened.

Thanks!

mrsgaribaldi
04-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Sorry about your car problem but I'm glad that you are ok. I hope you don't have any problems with the other driver. :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Caroleh
04-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident, Jared. :pixie::pixie: for your car and that everything gets worked out with the insurance company. Glad to hear you weren't injured.

Beach Club Babe
04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Jared! I hope everything is resolved quickly and fairly!

Jared
04-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Just to keep everybody updated, the other party did accept 100 percent responsibility, so we will not have to pay, and our insurance will not change at all. So this whole ordeal turned out to be nothing more than an annoying inconvenience. I will probably have a rental for a week or so until the car is fixed.

Thanks for the posts, everyone! Pixie dust really does work.

:D

PirateLover
04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Just to keep everybody updated, the other party did accept 100 percent responsibility, so we will not have to pay, and our insurance will not change at all. So this whole ordeal turned out to be nothing more than an annoying inconvenience. I will probably have a rental for a week or so until the car is fixed.

Wow! That's amazing.... there really are honest people still out there. I'm glad it all worked out.

BriarRose0708
04-12-2008, 06:02 PM

See? We knew it would all be ok!

mickey&missy
04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry Jared! Lots of :pixie: for you!

Jared
04-13-2008, 12:29 PM
And the plot thickens. The cop I am working with told me yesterday the girl who hit me was parked illegally in a handicapped spot. What a mess. Fortunately, because all the damages are being paid on her claim, I am entitled to a free rental.

disneydeb
04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Free rental?

Is it a :car:,:truck:, or :bus:. I'm so glad things are coming out all right and you are safe. Isn't :pixie: a wonderful thing? :)

DisneyDudet
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Boy, a girl sends you one text message about her Disney trip, and this is what happens! See if I ever text you again!

Glad the car is getting fixed, I know all too well about fixing cars.

Here's some more :pixie: for the situation!

Jared
04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Boy, a girl sends you one text message about her Disney trip, and this is what happens! See if I ever text you again!
You better text me again! I want to prove it wasn't your fault!

;)

Dsnygirl
04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Jared - sorry to hear about your car!! Glad to know it's getting taken care of well.... what a mess. Sending lots of "car :pixie:" your way!

tinkerbell04
04-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Jared,
I am glad that you are ok and that your car is being taken care of, her is some :pixie: to make sure it goes smoothly!

DisneyDudet
04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
You better text me again! I want to prove it wasn't your fault!

;)

Well, does last night's text count? You should have been safely in your room when I did that. Did anything happen then?

Jared
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Well, does last night's text count? You should have been safely in your room when I did that. Did anything happen then?
I was thinking that. I received that text and nothing bad happened!

murphy1
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Jared, some guy at a traffic light (he lives in a wealthy neighborhood and a dr) decided to back into dh at a traffic light! All John could do was sit there in shock as this guy backs into him and total the car. We were going to hang on to that car for another year and then get into another one, I just didn't want to make car payments right now with the bad economy. Anyway, we got a new car, Toyota Camry after all was said and done, but it stinks that we had to now. Oh, our rental was only for 7 days, so make sure you check on that part of it.

SpecJoe Magic
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I had no idea about this until just a few minutes ago. I'm glad to hear that you are not hurt. Dealing with something like that is definitely aggravating, but at least you don't have to pay for the damages. Maybe you can get a fancy rental.:D Hopefully your car will be fixed soon.

Flower
04-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Glad to hear she/her insurance is paying for everything, what a bummer though! Maybe the last 7 months of car problems will finally be resolved with this fix up.