PDA

View Full Version : Room capacity in SSR one-bedroom villa???

ldc12377
04-11-2008, 08:48 AM
We are looking at purchasing a DVC resale for SSR but I have a few questions. One of my concerns is about the room capacity in the one-bedroom villas. We are a family of five and were told on our DVC tour that they allow five people in a one-bedroom even though all their papers say only four are allowed. We would just have to bring our own bedding for the fifth person. Here's my concern: Will they always allow this? I really like SSR for several reasons but I can't buy there if there is a chance that they won't allow five in a one-bedroom. For now, we can't budget getting enough points for a vacation every year in a two-bedroom and the AKV resales aren't much less expensive then buying straight from Disney. Do you guys think they will continue to let a family of five stay in a one-bedroom at SSR?

DVC Mike
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you guys think they will continue to let a family of five stay in a one-bedroom at SSR?

The POS for SSR (and all existing DVC resorts except AKV) clearly state a maximum occupancy of 4 in a 1 BR. Only the POS for AKV allows 5.

However, DVC unofficially relaxed the rules to allow 5. Could it stay this way forever? Possibly. Could they revert back to just 4. Possibly.

The new GCV and possible new KTR look like they will both accomodate 5 in a 1-BR just like AKV.

My own opinion is that DVC will continue to allow 5 in a 1-BR at the older DVC resorts, but there is no guarantee.

MinnieMommie
04-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I am very happy my SSR DVC and hope you too will enjoy your purchase. Since the number allowed in the room is related to fire codes (among other things) I think SSR will continue to allow 5 in the 1 bedroom (but that is my opinion - not fact). However, in the incidence that they reverse this decision you would have the option of 2 studios. Depending on the season a 1 beroom and 2 studios are within 2 points of each other in both directions. :mickey: