PDA

View Full Version : I'm GLAD I Said....

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
OK--hopefully this one will go a little better...:mickey: What are you GLAD you actually said in the parks.....?

1. I hear you saying the Dole Whip machine is broken, but I'll take whatever came out in the cup--please don't throw it out!!!

2. Yes, thank you, we'd like one of those cinnamon-rolls-as-big-as-your-head, and go ahead and slap that extra dollop of icing on it!

3. Would you like for me to help you carry one of your (sleeping) children off the bus? (This was actually on the way back from the parks, at a resort which wasn't mine yet...) This poor lady had tried to keep them both awake, but they were worn out, and I could see her wondering how she was going to get off, while her husband manuevered the "SUV-sized" (quoting a fellow Intercot member, here)stroller off the bus....We hadn't really talked, but I figured she might take in the mother-teacher-Disney persona, and realize she could trust me. She accepted my offer, and as her surprised husband dashed over as fast as he could, looking shocked, I handed the baby over, and hopped back on. I don't know what else she would have done. Glad I could help. Have been there juggling three little ones in the early days.

playdead88
04-11-2008, 06:08 AM
im a nurse and a confessed pack rat so that combo tends to make my purse or bag full of stuff that may come in handy - the first year we went to disney my dd threw up at epcot and luckily i had a small plastic bag dispenser in my freakishly large purse - problem solved and that caused those small plastic bags to become a necessity in my mind - last year we were on the bus on the way back to the hotel and the girl sitting next to my mom was overheated and all the sudden felt like she was going to throw up so i was so glad i said, "here i have a small plastic bag" everyone on that bus that night was glad i said that! :mickey:

9 more days!!!!!!!!

Caroleh
04-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Mine wasn't what I said, but more what I did. I had made little cards that said something like--"We just want to let you know how much we appreciate everything you do to make our vacation so special." and handed them to different CM's. Their reactions were priceless. My DH wants me to do it again on our next trip.

BriarRose0708
04-11-2008, 10:13 AM
To any parent with little ones or anyone who clearly needs my seat on the bus more than I do- "Please sit here! Let me hold something for you!"

This is my favorite thing to do for families or people who need someone to take a photo- "Hi, can I take your family's picture for you?" I love it.

To any cast member- "Thank you!!!!"

"That's ok, we'll wait for the next monorail car. Take the triplets in the front, it's their birthday after all!" You'd think they had just won the lottery!

just2mickey
04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
1. This is a post for DH......... He gave his seat to an elderly lady when no other man would.

2. Thank you for helping me, I appreciate your kindness (when someone helped me with a door when I struggling to get in to a door in the rain with a stroller.)

3. Thank you to a NEW YORK teacher and firefighter who grabbed my little girl and let her sit in their lap during the Christmas parade when someone took her spot when she went to throw away her hot dog paper from Casey's. We never asked or even gave them the impression that we wanted her up front. They just offered.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Mine wasn't what I said, but more what I did. I had made little cards that said something like--"We just want to let you know how much we appreciate everything you do to make our vacation so special." and handed them to different CM's. Their reactions were priceless. My DH wants me to do it again on our next trip.

I LOVE this idea!!!! You have me thinking here......:wave:

Kenny1113
04-11-2008, 02:06 PM
3. Would you like for me to help you carry one of your (sleeping) children off the bus? (This was actually on the way back from the parks, at a resort which wasn't mine yet...) This poor lady had tried to keep them both awake, but they were worn out, and I could see her wondering how she was going to get off, while her husband manuevered the "SUV-sized" (quoting a fellow Intercot member, here)stroller off the bus....We hadn't really talked, but I figured she might take in the mother-teacher-Disney persona, and realize she could trust me. She accepted my offer, and as her surprised husband dashed over as fast as he could, looking shocked, I handed the baby over, and hopped back on. I don't know what else she would have done. Glad I could help. Have been there juggling three little ones in the early days.

LOVE THIS !!!! Gave me goosebumps. How kind.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-11-2008, 03:03 PM

I wish you were on my bus when we went in September... Miss Emmy had fallen asleep, I had the stroller, my book bag, and the little one. I was trying to carry her and the stroller and everything off. I even asked if anyone could help me. 2 people turned around when I asked and then turned back around. I was so disgusted. So I had to leave Emma on the seat, undo the stroller and stuff outside, then come back in and get her...

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm always glad to have said to someone, "Please take my seat" on the bus when need be. It makes you feel good inside to be of help to someone who needs to sit. I've been on many a bus trips at WDW and have seen so many people just ignore the fact that someone else may need to sit down, etc.

I always like to offer to take other people's picture while in the parks. They alway seem so happy and relieved to know all their party will be in the pic and not one missing.

Those things just make you feel good inside!! :cloud9:

conwayjohn71
04-11-2008, 04:03 PM
This is for both of my DD 7 and 5

when we went in 2007, getting on and off each ride they looked the CM in the eyes and said "thank you", there were times the CM was not looking but once the heard it they all looked up and my daughter would say it again

once we were at the Emporium and my oldest DD was being very polite ( I Think we were shopping for her charm braclet ) with the CM say please, thank you, no maam, everything you could ever ask a polite child to say, the CM gave her one of those Tinkerbelle share a pins, she was so proud, she still talks about that encounter and she has become a much more polite little person

xipetotec
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
"We have three extra FastPasses, why don't you have them" to a discouraged looking family that wasn't going to go on Test Track because of the wait.

turkeyleg
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
OK--hopefully this one will go a little better...:mickey: What are you GLAD you actually said in the parks.....?

..We hadn't really talked, but I figured she might take in the mother-teacher-Disney persona, and realize she could trust me. She accepted my offer, and as her surprised husband dashed over as fast as he could, looking shocked, I handed the baby over, and hopped back on. I don't know what else she would have done. Glad I could help. Have been there juggling three little ones in the early days.

Mother-teacheror Disney persona..... I would have freaked out too if a stranger was holding my child too. I commend you for doing that but in today's world (even Disney world) those things just do not happen anymore.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Mother-teacheror Disney persona..... I would have freaked out too if a stranger was holding my child too. I commend you for doing that but in today's world (even Disney world) those things just do not happen anymore.
Several deep breaths before I responded....
I guess you had to be there. There was no "freaking out". The gentleman looked "shocked" because someone was helping, and he was racing to get back to help her. I was standing right next to his wife, three feet from the bus.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2008, 12:25 AM
I was on the bus with my 4 year old and 2 month old nephew. My sister was unloading the strollers and someone actually offered me a hand getting the 2 kids off the bus. I thanked them but there was no need because my sister was coming back on to help me.

SandmanGStefani24
04-12-2008, 12:58 AM
1. "excuse me ma'am, would your kids like to have our tickets?" - i always give away my tickets i win at arcades at POP and in the parks. besides, what am i going to do with the little prize I win with them at 28 years old?

2. "graci", "gracias", "domo", "merci" , ect... I figure the CMs at Epcot WS speak our language the least I could do is speak a little of theirs...

3. "need a fastpass?" - too tired to wait around for the ride i'd already ridden once, I gave away my FP to a kid waiting patiently in line to get a FP

i know these aren't much, but they are a big part of what WDW is all about, IMO...

Caroleh
04-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I LOVE this idea!!!! You have me thinking here......:wave:

In one of the shops at MK, I had the whole staff giving me a hug and one CM was in tears. It was a really neat experience that I will never forget.

One of the boat captains gave me a watercraft pin and took me to the cabin and honk the horn.

My DH was so touched by it he started to hand out the little cards!! :D

mrsgaribaldi
04-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I wish you were on my bus when we went in September... Miss Emmy had fallen asleep, I had the stroller, my book bag, and the little one. I was trying to carry her and the stroller and everything off. I even asked if anyone could help me. 2 people turned around when I asked and then turned back around. I was so disgusted. So I had to leave Emma on the seat, undo the stroller and stuff outside, then come back in and get her...

This was just terrible. I'm so sorry it happened to you.

Apparently they do still happen, thank God for caring people:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-12-2008, 08:47 AM
This was just terrible. I'm so sorry it happened to you.

Apparently they do still happen, thank God for caring people:mickey:
Thank you for restoring my faith in Intercot people this morning. There seems to be a lot of negativity lately, and I went to bed very disillusioned last night. This was a tiny little magical moment for both parties, and was a leap of faith for both of us. I still believe in them. :hug:

just2mickey
04-12-2008, 10:11 AM

I will raise the two deep breaths thing with a count to ten as well..........It is a magical "Fairy Godmother" kind of thing that you just would not understand. I can most definetly assure you that she does not give off any other vibe than A PURE GENUINE, CARING, "PERSONA". I wish the world had more people like mickeys_princess_mom in it and things like this would not be questioned. I would love for someone to even offer such a kind act. I am just thankful that my little prince and princess has her as their guardian angel. If not at Disney World~where on earth are you going to feel such a feeling in your heart to want to help others. Besides, as a mother who is often referred to as "NEEDING THERAPY" for not allowing my children to go to sleepovers, or ride with anyone other than their father and grandparents, I can assure you that the mother of child would never have handed over their sleeping baby if they felt danger. :soapbox: I'm over it.

battle beast
04-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I let a family cut in line infront of me, and they won a dream fast pass. :( but they deserved it more than I did, I think. :thumbsup:

Briansmom
04-12-2008, 02:15 PM

This is SOOO AWESOME! Did you put anything else on the card?

turkeyleg
04-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I will raise the two deep breaths thing with a count to ten as well..........It is a magical "Fairy Godmother" kind of thing that you just would not understand. I can most definetly assure you that she does not give off any other vibe than A PURE GENUINE, CARING, "PERSONA". I wish the world had more people like mickeys_princess_mom in it and things like this would not be questioned. I would love for someone to even offer such a kind act. I am just thankful that my little prince and princess has her as their guardian angel. If not at Disney World~where on earth are you going to feel such a feeling in your heart to want to help others. Besides, as a mother who is often referred to as "NEEDING THERAPY" for not allowing my children to go to sleepovers, or ride with anyone other than their father and grandparents, I can assure you that the mother of child would never have handed over their sleeping baby if they felt danger. :soapbox: I'm over it.

Apparently I tocuhed a nerve with my entry. My apologies for giving the impression that I was being judgemental. I am new to these boards and did not mean to offend anyone. I am sure that mickeys_princess_mom is a wonderful person or she would not have such rave reviews from you as her friend/relative? I was simply stating that my wife and I would have questioned that. It is not something we see up north.

Caroleh
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
This is SOOO AWESOME! Did you put anything else on the card?

On the back I put our names, where we are from, where we were staying and the dates we were at WDW. I also put Disney stickers on them. I changed the wording on some of the cards..some said we just want to thank you for everything you do everyday to make our trip so special. etc... I also handwrote every card so it was a little more special and no something I printed on the computer.

AnnetteFan
04-14-2008, 02:55 AM
Being a CM myself when I'm in the parks off duty I tend to do ridiculous things like offer to take strangers pictures, wave to random children, offer directions, replace ice cream cones, give out Mickey stickers. Sometimes when I do something ridiculously creepy I have to follow it by saying, "Don't worry, I work here!"

Checkers
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
:mickey:We had done the Fantasmic dinner at Mama Melrose's and afterward decided we were very tired so we stopped a young couple going out and explained that we had these, I believe they were wristbands, to bypass the line for Fantasmic and did they want them. They were elated as they were on their way to stand in line. Also, one time we had FP for Soarin and my DH wasn't feeling well and we did the same thing. It always feels good to pass along some magic! We have also been on the receiving end as well. I don't think there has been a time that we have been at WDW that we haven't seen some act of kindness.

IloveDisney71
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
I always make it a point to say good morning, afternoon, or night to the bus drivers and then thank you as I get off. I LOVE Disney transportation since it allows me the luxury of not having to find my way around to the different parks.

Here have my seat...to anyone on the bus who looks like they need it more than I do.

I always say thank you with a friendly smile to any cast member I come in contact with...ride attendents, bathroom attendents, counter service CM's, etc.
I figure that's the least I can do.

Here let your little girl get in front of me so she can see (at the Spectromagic parade). She needed a better spot than me and I was much taller. The look on the dad's face was so appreciative.

The little, polite things can really make a difference in someone's day and it makes me feel better too. :mickey: