PDA

View Full Version : ADRs at Victoria and Albert's!

thatkindofday
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
So after a LOT of discussion, my fiancee and I decided to splurge on Victoria and Alberts and we got our reservations. BTW, if anyone wants the chef's table you better call as soon as you can because it was booked the whole time we're going to be there and it was still over five months away!!!

Natazu
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Good advice. The chef's table books immediately at the 180 day mark. Note that the chef's table is not part of the 180 +10 system so that helps a little.

IrishFamily
04-10-2008, 09:53 PM
you won't regret going there. Worth every penny. The best way to enjoy is with the wine pairing.

thatkindofday
04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, we're still trying to decide if we want to do the wine pairing. I don't drink that often though, so I'm kind of worried about getting tipsy doing the wine pairing. I start getting buzzed after a glass of wine.

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2008, 05:16 AM
I would love to do that. I'm not a big foodie though. DH had gastric bypass surgery in the past and can't eat much at one time so I'm thinking it would be a waste of money for us. Have a great time. Have the wine, just don't drink all of it.:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
It's a wonderful experience!!! Have a great time.

And no matter what, DO get the coffee at the end of the meal. :mickey:

c&d
04-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Keep checking on the Chef's Table. When we wanted to book it we were told we couldn't get it, but someone cancelled and we got it.

When we got it in 2005 they had changed from the previous format. The Chef's Table was now only taking one party per night, so if your party is 2 it's just the 2 of you. Very romantic.

We loved the wine pairings. Have a wonderful time at V&A's.

Kairi_7378
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
That's great! Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back. Is this going to be your honeymoon trip?

boo425
04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
My husband and I went for our 25th Anniversary and just loved it...we didn't do the wine pairing and I'm glad b/c I was so full after the meal, I couldn't finish my chocolate souffle, and it just about killed me to leave it!!! The coffee is a must though!
Enjoy!!:party:

thatkindofday
04-11-2008, 06:23 PM
That's great! Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back. Is this going to be your honeymoon trip?

Yes it is.

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2008, 01:10 AM
1) I think you will like the regular seating better than Chef's Table.
2) It is more relaxed, sedate, and romantic.
3) The Chef Table is interesting.
4) But, it is less of an experience since they put up the fence. (IMHO)