PDA

View Full Version : Room Views

DizneyFreak2002
04-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Tell me I did good: I called the DVC today to put in requests for rooms... In Saratoga Springs, I asked for a room that overlooks DTD and is close to a bus... At Old Key West, I asked for a room that overlooks the golf course and is close to a bus...

Are these views good views??? Anyone here have a view such as the ones I described above???

peemagg
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
As far as Saratoga goes, you did good. You might want to request Congress Park with a DTD view. We have got that view twice now and enjoyed it. As far as the bus stops goes at Saratoga each section has it's own stop.

I can't answer as to OKW.

Maleficent's Dad
04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
You did well by both requests.

OKW has several rooms overlooking golf.
SSR has several overlooking DTD.

Bus stop location - well, you're kinda on your own there... Both resorts have several stops at numerous locations. But at both resorts, some buildings are quite a walk from the stops.

Difficult to get "both request," although quite possible!!! In most cases, if you get your view, you won't be too far from a bus stop!

AHOTE
04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
As far as Saratoga goes, you did good. You might want to request Congress Park with a DTD view. We have got that view twice now and enjoyed it. As far as the bus stops goes at Saratoga each section has it's own stop.

I can't answer as to OKW.

I agree, I always request a room in Congress Park overlooking the water. We do DTD & PI almost every night and we can comfortably walk to both areas from that location. Even if we don't go to DTD the view across the water from our balcony is beautiful. Bus transportation has never been a problem when we have been there.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Thank you for the suggestions... I called Member Services back today and asked for Congress Park section of Saratoga Springs... Of course, I have to wait until October, but, I am already excited... First DVC trip!!!! YEA BABY!!!!!

AHOTE
04-12-2008, 01:03 AM
That's great, you'll enjoy it in Congress Park. PM me with an email address and I'll send you some photos taken from our room last April.

dlpmikki
04-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Golf course or water view is my favourites at OKW. Actually it is hard to get a bad view there :)

DizneyFreak2002
04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Golf course or water view is my favourites at OKW. Actually it is hard to get a bad view there :)

Honestly, as long as I am not looking at a parking lot, I'll be fine...

Fortgoofy97
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
We have stayed at both resorts quite often. If you want to hit DTD then Congress Park is the place to stay. Its quiet pool is nice to hang out at if you don't have kids with you as most families go to the main pool. OKW - most rooms are close to a bus stop. Some are a little farther walk than others but not that far. All the balconies look out over the golf course or woods and river. OKW feels so much like a home town to us we like walking to the main house from any room we have stayed in. We will also walk from OKW to SSR right along the river and thru the golf course, great in the morning and or evening!!!

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2008, 12:23 PM
AHOTE, thanks for the pictures... They were wonderful... I would love that background as my view from SSR, especially at night....

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions and input... I will let you all know how it goes in October...