PDA

View Full Version : Compiling a MM list!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Well, I realized that I don't know everything (hehe, not that I thought I did before)!

I wanted to compile list of Magical Moments. These are the planned, regularly occuring events that happen at each location as well as their timing so that Intercot has a more complete list! These do not include the Take 5's (which includes birthdays, phone calls, freebies, etc although those are magical as well).

I'll start with the ones I know for a fact.

Magic Kingdom
Fairy Godmother in Training - Emporium: Hourly; A little girl is chosen to help get Cinderella ready for the ball.

Pop Century
The Twist - Lobby and Food Court: 8 am; Come on baby! Let's do the Twist!
The Hustle - Lobby and Food Court: 6pm, Do the Hustle, do-do-do-dodo-do-do-do!
Peace, Love, Everything Pop Parade: Between 6:30 and 7pm; Spread the joy of Love and Peace with the Pop Century Merchandise Cast!

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Find Little Red - Merchantile Shop: ??, Help the Cast find Little Red, who wandered away from her mother!

So come on guys! Let's add them all up and make a great list!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Our Magical Moment certificate is from Mickey's Philharmagic. The kids were chosen to be Honorary Musicians during the preshow.
They were introduced and given different instruments to play.
The certificate is framed and in our den. The kids are so proud of it!:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
At the American Adventure in Epcot we were chosen as the "First Family" We had special seating upstairs to hear the Voices of Liberty and right before the show they introduced us to everyone there. We had to stand up and do our little "princess" wave. They gave us a certificate which is now hanging in our living room.

apequet
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
@ Disney Studio's my son got pick to go through Jedi Training and "fight" Darth Vader. He got a certificate at the end.:darth:

PirateLover
04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
When you find a paintbrush on Tom Sawyer Island, you get a certificate that thanks you for participating in Disney's Magical Moments.

JMTStone
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
DD6 was asked at the shop in MK near Jasmine and Aladdin to find things in the store from a picture. She got to wear a special hat and got a certificate. It was fun!

cal5755
04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Festival of the Lion King - my dd got to show our group how to do a lions roar - she got a certificate for that.

My DS answered trivia question on a card going through One Mans Dream and got a certificate for it.

Both DD's signed autographs for a cm at a merchandise cart and both got a certificate (they were dressed as princesses)

AHOTE
04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Way back in 1989 I was dragged kicking and screaming, just kidding ;), to be a part of the show at The Adventurers Club on PI. For being a good sport they gave me an Official Adventurers Club Pin :cap:and I still have it. I take it with me every time I go to WDW. For me it's a symbol of all the good times I've been a part of at WDW. :party:

BluewaterBrad
04-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Cool info Jessica (and everyone else also)!! Have any more?:mickey:

medic9016
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
We were the flag family at Wilderness lodge when we stayed there. We have a nice certificate signed by Ranger Stan. What a great guy full of information.

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 06:40 PM
We've had two...

Last year my son and daughet got to be part of a roaming band of pirates that terrorized the shops at the Contemporary. Certificates for everyone :thumbsup:

The other was the kids getting picked for the ceremony at America in Epcot where the fie & drum corps have the kids do the Pledge of Allegiance. They received copies of the Declaration of Independence that are on their bedroom walls.:flag:

KineGirl
04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Last year DD and I were invited to a free race at Space Mtn arcade. The winner (not me :( ) got a cert. Still very cool! I have no idea what time it was other than it was at night right before the park closed (non EMH night)

ALEXMOMMY
04-10-2008, 06:49 PM
My stepson (6 at the time) was picked to pull the sword out of the stone @ Cinderella's carasel at MK. He received a certificate, medal, and was "ruler of the kingdom" for an hour. My daughter(2 at the time) was picked to be "Boo" at the Monsters,Inc Laugh Floor. This was her first trip so really special for Mom and Dad. Hoping for more MM in Sept!!!!:mickey:

dismommy
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
My son got a magical moments certificate at the fire house in the magic kingdom, it says fire chief for the day with the date, he also got a fire helmet and a mickeys fire company patch. As chief he got to ring the fire bell before the spectromagic parade began. He loved it!

CaptSmee
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Sadly, I never received one but my brother got one from a girl working the fastpass machine at Living with the Land because he had some japanese video game shirt on and she loved it. She gave us all fastpasses for the attraction too. My sister got one from Buzz Lightyear after riding it on her birthday.

deedeenmickey
04-10-2008, 08:16 PM
My daughter was chosen to chef of the day at Crystal Palace. When they change from breakfast to lunch they are looking for a kid about 6 yrs old to go in and decorate a brownie with whip cream, sprinkles, etc with the help of pooh, tigger, eyore, and piglet.:thumbsup: They are given Chefs hat and certificate. It was great!!!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2008, 08:22 PM
My boys each got a Magical Moments Birthday certificate from a CM in Cananda after she saw their birthday buttons. She even called a number from her cart's phone and they received a birthday message!

My youngest was asked to start the train in Once Upon a Time at DTD. He received a Magical Moments Certificate and was named engineer for the day. He was also able to pick a few small containers of playdoe for him and his brother.

A friend of mine's children were asked to start the train in one of the countries in WS and they too were given certificates and small toys/playdoe.

I know my kids have received more Magical Moments, I just can't think of any others right now. I just love those unexpected events in the parks and around WDW. It is what makes WDW so special to us.

chicade88
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't remember exactly what it was but we witnessed a magical moment (which was just about as magical as actually getting one) in the United Kingdom at WS. They had a big ceremony and deemed them lords and ladies maybe? Then they each got a certificate. It was really neat to watch - the CMs were really into it!

loopner67
04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I have a few from last April's trip....

In Tatooine Traders (the shop right after the Star Tours ride), the boys were quizzed and since they answered enough questions correctly, they got certificates to make them "padawans". :yoda:

Near The Indy Speedway in MK, my boys were able to participate in a "Cars" race (with small Mater Trucks) and then they got "licenses" from the castmember. :car:

In MK, near PoC, my oldest son was chosen to be one of the "pirates" in the "Jack Sparrow Show" (not sure what else to call it). He was trained to be a member of the crew, got to "fight" the one pirate and then say "Look it's the Governor's Daughter" and ran away. It was so exciting for all of us. :pirate:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-11-2008, 12:58 AM
:jaw:

Oh wow, okay. So I got a lot of responses, really quickly. Thanks everyone!

The list will not include the training academy (it's a scheduled event, as is Jack's tutorial and storytime with Belle, etc. Those are forms of Entertainment.

Dinner Bell - Liberty Tree Tavern (MK): 4pm? Gather around at the ringing of the bell, signaling the start of the dinner meal time!
Awakening Tink - Tinkerbell's Treasures (MK): Rope Drop; Help the Cast Members wake up the fiesty little pixie so that she can join Peter in his adventures!
Talk Like a Pirate - Pirate’s Bazaar (MK: You’ll fetch a fancy prize if you know the answers to these here trivia questions from the ride and the movie.
I Spy - Villians in Vogue (DHS): Test your wits by seeing if you can find all the hidden images in the pictures the CM's have!
Hula Lessons - Lobby of Polynesian Resort: Adorn your leis and grass skirts, it’s time to learn a few simple hula steps.
Tree Decorator of the Day - Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe: Store Opening; It may be summertime, but you can decorate the Christmas tree anytime here

I'll start compiling a list tomorrow and seperating it by park, etc. Keep them coming!

P.S. I'll eventually stop editing this every two minutes! Can you guys look at your certificates and tell me what it says on the line that read "Your Magical Moment"? This will give me the proper name of the event. These certificates should be blue, with the WDCT logo and Mickey and Minnie in their YOAMD outfits on either side of the logo.

Hayden's Dad
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
I remebered another one. One day when we were getting off the bus at MK two ladie with balloons were waiting and named Hayden Prince in training. (According to them you have to be five to be a full fledged prince). They gave us a balloon, certificate, and gave us a polaroid picture of Hayden around all the balloons.

Last May the same thing happened so we now look for them when we get off the busses.

PrincessASquared
04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
My DD6 was chosen to ring the dinner bell outside Pioneer Hall to start the Hoop Dee Doo dinner show. She received a certificate.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I can only add ones that DH and I have received personally.

DHS park opening. We got to open the park and be in the "show" and ride ToT first before anyone. We got a certificate for being the Family of the Day. It was nice because we just picked up our certificate at the end of the day at Guest Relations instead of having to carry it around all day. Some of our certficates that we had to carry got rinkled.

First Family on ToT - On our last day we were asked to be the first family on Tower of Terror. DH and I got to ride by ourselves (again) and we got a certficate for that.

Wedding cake feeding at 50's Prime Time - DH and I were given a cupcake and we had to recreate our "wedding cake" moment in front of everyone at the restaurant. We were given a magical moments certificate for that.

Lastly, we received a certficate for our honeymoon at Le Cellier during dinner. All of the waitstaff signed it and put where they were from. Throughout dinner many of them came up and chatted with us. Everyone was ridiculously nice there.

goofysbabe
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
My kids were chosen as Junior Scientists at the Figment ride. They were given white coats to wear and goofy glasses. The Scientists took them to the front of the line and we all rode with her and she pointed out a few things, asked them questions. When we were done they were given certificates and then taken to see Figment and get there pictures and autograph. We were also given FPs for HISTA. They loved it and had a blast!!!

They were also given a card signed by everyone at Le Cellier for their birthday.

At American Adv. the CM took my daughter away while we were waiting for the show to start and she received a Happy Birthday phone call from Goofy. The CM also gave my children stickers to make racecars to pass the time.

loopner67
04-11-2008, 11:57 AM
How about when we got to ride in the very front of the Monorail and the driver gave us honorary licenses? Would that count for this list? They are the size of a business card with a pic of the monorail on them and they say "Co-Pilot License". :)

I found the certificates for the Padawan Moment in Tatooine Traders. It says in the "Your Magical Moment" line... "Jedi Padawan".

Also I wanted to add another Star Wars type magical moment. We came out of Tatooine Traders one night and our boys had key chains with small light sabers. A few castmembers near the entrace to Star Tours starting to duel with my boys using larger, plastic light sabers. It was very fun.

ShanPooh
04-11-2008, 03:13 PM
When we went to the Pirate and Princess Party last year, DS (6) got to deliver a treasure map to the pirate (castmember) at the end of PotC. :chest:
DS got a certificate and a plastic parrot cup filled with pirate goodies. :pirate:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-11-2008, 09:35 PM
P.S. I'll eventually stop editing this every two minutes! Can you guys look at your certificates and tell me what it says on the line that read "Your Magical Moment"? This will give me the proper name of the event. These certificates should be blue, with the WDCT logo and Mickey and Minnie in their YOAMD outfits on either side of the logo.

Our says "Guest Musicians" and is signed "Dream Maker":mickey:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-12-2008, 03:21 PM
We were given one one time, I forgot what for but it was raining that day and we didn't have anywhere to put it so the CM said she would take it to Guest services and I could pick it up there at the end of the day. Well, we got there and it was no where to be found. They took a while but came back and said they found it. My DH and I knew they lost it but it didn't matter because the one they made up for us when they said they found it had loads of characters autographs on it. The kids thought it was cool because they said it was with a character and they didn't know any different.

disneykid99
04-14-2008, 05:01 PM
1. Our daughter was picked to be in Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial. She still tries to trick us by saying "look the governor’s daughter" in 2006 she was 3. I love that all the kids watching got to take part in the end and were given scrolls stating they were part of the crew. Our son (6 at the time) was worried he would have to leave us and become a pirate:pirate:
2. Our daughter also got picked to start the trains outside of Germany in the WS in 2007. We were just walking by just after the WS opened. She got a whistle shaped like a train. The trains started moving when she blew it. The CM also gave her a certificate and special trading pin. He was very kind and gave my slightly shier son one, as well.:girl:
3. Both my kids were asked trivia questions about marine lift after exiting the Nemo ride. They both got certificates for that.:dory:

I love Magical Moments!:magic:

pdrlkr
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
1. Free upgrade to Concierge at the Contemporary!
2. Grand Marshalls of the parade on daughters 8th birthday!
3. A Cast Member rode Test Track with everyone after my daughter chickened out. Then gave us the in ride photo!
4. Ordered food and seated at Restaurantosaurus before they opened t everyone else!
5. Breakfast with Cinderella with no ADR!
6. Played the Beast in Storytime with Belle!
7. Won Mickey Ears for the YOAMD!

Thats all I can think of right now. :blush:

Capt. Grumpy
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
My son and daughter were asked to open the Bowling Pin pool at Pop Century. The CMs set up bowling pins and had my son and daughter throw a few shots. They received a certificate, a bowling pin keychain, a trophy, and a Pop Century pin. It was very cool! :mickey:

JenniferS.
04-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Last year at AK we were the first family to ride Triceratop spin. We got a certificate for that. We even got to ride 2 times in a row because no one was waiting in line.

Also, last year we were family of the day on The Great Movie Ride. We got to go in a different door without waiting in the 25 min line and were in the front of the "car". We also got VIP seating for the parade, but couldn't go because we had late lunch ressies. We got a certificate for that.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Kenny sent me his lists, and I'll be sorting out some of the ones you guys have put on here. It's going to take me some time because it's finals week right now, but it should be done shortly.

Thanks for all your input guys and keep them coming!

ytzking
04-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Last summer we went to ride SOARIN at the end of the night and started to walk away when we saw the 50 minute wait. A CM stopped us and asked if we wanted to fly "First Class". We were walked out around back behind the greenhouse and back in to the front of the line. We sat in the front row of the center seats and they introduced us before the ride started. We also gort a Magical Moments Certificate.:thumbsup: