PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner at POR

Donald's Girl
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Although we've booked Pop for December, I really want to return to POR. We will be down there 12/2-12/9; know that Pop Warner starts 12/7, so there would be some overlap. Is it true that they book overflow Pop Warner guests at POR when the All Stars are full?
Has anybody ever had any experience staying at a resort with Pop Warner kids there?

I love little football players and cheerleaders but, when on vacation as 2 adults, don't want the noise and activity to interfere with our relaxation.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

dml
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
We stayed at POP during Pop Warner week 07 and there were no issues what so ever. If I didn't know Pop Warner week was going on before I left I wouldn't have even known when I got there. It was a great week!! Don't worry about the horror stories you hear. By the way, I was travelling with adults and no children too.

TammiMcMan
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Is it true that they book overflow Pop Warner guests at POR when the All Stars are full?It's not overflow. The teams are given a choice of accomodations. They can either stay in the Allstar Sports, Music or they can choose to stay at PO Riverside, French Quarter. At least those resorts have been the choices the past few years.

As with any other large group, there are times when certain resort areas will be crowded. For example, the food court during breakfast will most likely be packed. Depending on the competition and game schedules, you might have a group or two on the parks bus, but much of their time is spent at WWoS.

WonderlandsMostWanted
04-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I believe last year's choices for the Pop Warner teams were value accomodations, which would put them in the All Stars, or Moderate, which would put them at POR only. Sometimes family and friends will come to support them, and as they aren't booking through the PW program, they can book anywhere they choose, so most reports of PW activity at other resorts likely stem from that.

I have stayed at ASMu during Pop Warner and didn't really have any trouble. They can crowd the food court a bit, so we ate at the parks. They had scheduled activities in the mornings, which they had separate transportation for, so I remember the busses being very managable during the days. In the eveings, they tend to head to the parks more, so the busses coming back are more crowded, but they'll always be that way, because if it wasn't the Pop Warner groups in those rooms, it'd just be other guests.

My dad has noticed cheerleaders practicing in the courtyards previously, but they have rules that specifically indicate that they are not allowed to do that, and I think it's been reigned in quite a bit since.

You'll hear good, bad and indifferent opinions of these groups being there. The fact is, you can NEVER predict how any group of people will behave at any time, and each and every experience, whether it be the guests percetion or a specific teams behavior, will be different. If you go into it with a positive and accepting attitude, take things in stride, and just focus your energy on your trip, you should be just fine.

TammiMcMan
04-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I believe last year's choices for the Pop Warner teams were value accomodations, which would put them in the All Stars, or Moderate, which would put them at POR only.I have last years accomodations forms and they are as I noted above, AS Sports, AS Music, POR and POFQ.

WonderlandsMostWanted
04-11-2008, 10:04 AM
My appologies, aybe it was the 2006 form I'd been looking at.

Do you happen to know which resorts they'll be at this year?

TammiMcMan
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Do you happen to know which resorts they'll be at this year?The season doesn't begin until August, although I'm sure the directors of Pop Warner have already worked out the locations. The information probably won't be posted until the fall.