PDA

View Full Version : Some Pixie Dust & Prayers needed...

Tygger7
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Pixie dust & prayers desperately needed before I totally lose my mind. And I know I can count on all the wonderful people here on Intercot!

I won't go into all the details, but it's been an extremely stressful past 12 months. My job was "relocated" last spring, and I ended up with the"job from h**l." I've sent out hundreds of applications & resumes the past 6 months, but only had 3 interviews. I can't apply "internally" at my current company until I've been in this job for a year....but the good news is that my year is up on June 18th. So, I'm stressed from a bad job situation.

On top of this, my DH's job has been just plain crazy. He works in IT, and was promoted into his current job a little over a year ago. At one point, he was working 90-100 hours per week. He was oncall for 4 months straight, and then was able to "cut back" and be oncall every other week. I'm exhausted from people calling at all hours of the day and night, and ready to throw his cell phone in the toilet.

And, on top of on top of all this stuff, I've been trying to refinance our mortgage to a better interest rate. I've been researching for months now, and had basically given up on the idea until last week. We found a fantastic deal that would save us a TON of money....however it's all contingent now on one thing that may cause the whole deal to fall through. I was so hoping to have this all wrapped up before our trip to WDW in May, and now I'm holding my breath that we're able to meet this final condition. Not only would it help us tremendously, but it would allow me to look for a lower paying job...and give us a little extra "fun money" for WDW.

So, if you all don't mind throwing some pixie dust and prayers my way, I could sure use them. :mickey:

Thanks everyone...you guys are the best!!!

offwego
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry your having such a hard time. Hopefully this will all work out soon.

pandkx3
04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Here's my dust and prayers. Have faith and this, too, shall pass.:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
:pixie::pixie: On it's way. Just remeber this to shall pass, and believe it or not there is a reason for everything.

Jasper
04-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Here's wishing you the best and that everything works out the way you want! :pixie::pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry. Being unhappy at work and not sleeping can really get to you. I hope things look up soon. Good luck with the refinancing. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

droopy d.
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Hope everything works itself out.:pixie:

SBETigg
04-10-2008, 07:27 PM
:pixie: Best wishes for everything to work out to your advantage! :pixie: :)

cal5755
04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
prayers and pixie dust blowing your way. I hope the refinancing works for you. We are looking for a good deal too. We have a terrible rate with a balloon payment at the end and we desperately need to refinance.

GOOD LUCK...

Sunshine1010
04-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll be praying for you.

Gooftroop5
04-11-2008, 09:59 AM
He was oncall for 4 months straight, and then was able to "cut back" and be oncall every other week. I'm exhausted from people calling at all hours of the day and night, and ready to throw his cell phone in the toilet.

I can so relate to this. My dh is in IT too. Luckily he is only on call 4 times a year for a week. Even though he is the only one in his position that has to carry it. He can't do half the stuff because they don't let him have the rights to the stuff like resetting passwords. It is a helpdesk only right but he doesn't work on the helpdesk anymore. He gets a call he has to spend an hour trying to get a hold of people to get it reset or telling the people to wait. We use to be tied to how far we could go on weekends (not that we can go too far still) the pager they use to use wouldn't work outside a certain range. We still get phone calls from people at home & on his cell (his personal cell he gets one from work when he is on call) even when he isn't on call. The cell only from his co-workers but still when you are on vacation who wants to get calls from work. They upgraded a program about a year & a half ago & we would get phone calls at home because the supervisors would look up in the phone book our home #. There was someone else they were suppose to talk to but they called dh because they didn't like the person they were suppose to deal with. Luckily that has come to an end. However we still get the calls from work. Its going to get bad again some people in dh's department just quit. It might mean a promotion for dh but it means more hours & more phone calls. Right now though the increase in money would be real nice. Sorry this about you. As you can tell its a touchy subject in this house. :D

Prayers & pixie dust to you for everything. I hope everything works out for you!!!! Think positive! :pixie::pixie::pixie::fingers:

Tygger7
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Or the best one....when the boss & data center people call ....and it's not your week to be on call!!! You get so little "down"time anyway, and then to have it interrupted just aggravates me to no end! What makes it even tougher is that he has a "crackberry"....so they bug him via email too. I'm implementing a "no work cell phone or laptop" rule for our upcoming trip. :D I'm so looking forward to 2 whole weeks of nobody from his work bugging us.

And a big "thank you" to everyone for the pixie dust & prayers. I'm trying to stay upbeat & positive, but sometimes I find myself getting worried and thinking about all the "what ifs". My primary goal is to make it to WDW with my sanity in tact. I know once I step onto Disney property, I'll forget all about all the yucky stuff we've been dealing with the past couple of years. Only 28 more days until we leave!!!! :joy::woohoo::yay:

wdwgrl377
04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
My prayers are with you and you're in my thoughts! As someone said, "this too shall pass" I agree with that!

Here's some pixie dust for you!!

:pixie: :pixie:

Tygger7
04-28-2008, 07:50 AM
First, thank you all so much for your pixie dust & prayers. :mickey: For anyone who's interested, I wanted to give a quick update.

Still nothing on the job front...I've applied for a couple of positions that sound really fun, but haven't heard anything back. Since we're only 12 days from leaving, I'm just not going to worry any more about the whole job thing until we get back.

As for our house refinance...we're in the home stretch now. We've gotten the appraisal back and now we're waiting on the underwriters to finalize everything and give us a closing date, which we HOPE will be on Wednesday. We've come soooooo far in the process, so I'm just holding my breath that things don't fall apart now. It will be a 10-ton weight lifted off me when we close, so please keep the pixie dust & prayers flowing, and I'll send an update with the good news once everything is done.

Thanks again everyone...you guys rock!!:rocker:

Ed
04-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Sounds like at least part of your solution is coming together; hopefully, you'll find the job of your dreams, and your DH's company will wake up and realize how unfair they're being to him - AND you!

In the meantime, kick back, keep the WDW countdown going, and once you get here, grab yourself a :bar: and a :marg: or :beer: (not at the same time, please :nono:) and relax!

Hakuna Matata!

:pixie: :tink:

Gooftroop5
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: More pixie dust that things get settled soon.

Enjoy your vacation. At least worrying about vacation is a happy worry. You know making sure you have sunblock, the right clothes for the weather etc. Think of these while your job is really getting to you. Have fun in WDW with :mickey:

You are almsot there. Hang in there.

DisneyWhirled
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I just found your post, and I am so happy that things have 'somewhat' worked out for you!

You were so helpful to me during my puppy problem rant, that it is evident on what a nice, caring person you are. I hope that good things happen for you!!

On the job front, things are so hard right now with the economy and all...I wish you the best!

Have a great vacation!! Maybe we will see you there!!

dolphinmickey9170
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
:pixie::pixie:Here is some pixie dust for your worries. I sure hope it all works out for you!! Looking forward to our meeting in May!! WOOOHOOOO!!:pixie::pixie: