PDA

View Full Version : value resort dvc???

tomatoe pie
04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
:)do you think dvc will ever build villas at a value resort. it does make sense in a way. they could sell for a lower price and maybe rent for fewer pts per night. during hard economic times more people would be able to purchase for a lower price or not have to buy as many pts in order to have a great vacation. :yes:

also those of us who already own would also have a way of using those few little left over pts that you are afraid of losing if not used by a certain date. we all hate the thought of giving up a few pts that can no longer be banked just be cause you don't have enough for a night in your lux dvc villas.

i for one think it is a great idea. 4-6 pts might get you a room for a night in value season.;)

Deesdisney
04-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow would that be nice. I would do it.

DVC Mike
04-11-2008, 10:26 AM
No, I just don't see DVC doing this.

Horizon93
04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
First, DVC could not sell the points at a lower price. People who owned these points would have all of the rights that any other member would have, so they could use their points at the 7 month window at any of the other resorts. I could see lower point requirements for reservations, but that would be about it.

sillyolbear
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I can see your point, but doubt that it would ever happen.

MinnieMommie
04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I think this would sort of defeat the purpose of DVC. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
04-12-2008, 03:48 AM
I think this would sort of defeat the purpose of DVC. :mickey:

I agree. We were sold on the Deluxe home away from home concept.

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't see this happening for all the reasons listed in the previous posts.

The value of a point owned at one resort has to be pretty similiar in value to a point at any other resort.
This idea would totally undermine the balance between all the DVC resorts and the other properties we can exchange into.

tomatoe pie
04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
thanks for your input. i must say that i agree that it would be unfair if

pts sold at a lower price could be used to rent the same thing that higher price pts could rent. but.......isnt that what hhi and vb or okw pts do. the only diff is that those resorts don't have as many years left on them. do all okw owners get the extra extended years or is it just the new owners. their pts don't cost as much but will rent the same thing as akv or ssr pts. i guess if someone buys okw thru disney now it would cost full price (as in akv or ssr) pr pt. and the resales that are lower in price do not get the extended no. of yrs ....or do they?:confused:

i do find that a little confusing but maybe because i never checked into okw.:unsure: