PDA

View Full Version : Scooters and boats....questions

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know if you can take the boat from MK to Ft. Wilderness with a electric scooter? I will be recovering from foot surgery and will have a scooter due to limited mobility. I know the buses have the scooter lifts I was just curious about the ferry boats to Ft. Wilderness.:mickey: Thanks.

maryt01
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
scooters are rented at each park. you cannot take them out of the parks. you would have to call wdw to see if boats accomadate scooters if you rent from outside wdw. i have never seen a scooter on the boats. hope this helps.

mickeefan
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I can't answer your specific question, but I have taken a friendship boat from Epcot to the studios with a scooter.
As I recall you have to step down to get into those boats at Ft. W.

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I should have been clearer with my question. The scooter will be supplied by Buena Vista- one of the sponsored links here ( thanks Intercot :thumbsup:) so I'll have it with me the entire time. I will be able to walk, its just that the docs want me to limit my walking. If the scooter on the boat doesnt work we can always take the transport buses I suppose.

wdw_bound
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
When we were there in December, Ft. Wilderness and WL no longer shared MK transportation. This was a change from our last trip in 06. There are two types of boats that run the MK route from each resort. One was small - no scooters or wheelchairs. The other was large, with a ramp. We were easily able to wheel DD on board, and there were scooters as well. There didn't seem to be a pattern as to which type appeared when, but the bigger boat did seem to magically appear on the side of the dock with the most people waiting. However, the wait for the next boat never seemed too long. A couple of times we passed up a boat and within 10 minutes, there was another one.

On our 06 trip, FtW and WL shared boats to the MK, and they were the larger ones as I recall.

The boat that runs the CR-WL-FtW route is small and can't accommodate an ECV.

Have a great trip!

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks. I was hoping a boat would be available just to get a different feel in heading over to Ft. Wilderness. :thumbsup:

DawsonAR
04-11-2008, 02:57 PM
We have been to the WL several times and have never had a problem using the boats with a wheelchair. I have heard there are times that the water level makes it impossible to use the boats and the buses must be used. However like I said we haven't encountered this issue.

TiggeRia
04-11-2008, 10:25 PM
We went from the MK to FW for the Hoop de Doo and my dad rode the ECV to and from on the boat with no issues. :thumbsup:

Brainiak5
04-12-2008, 11:42 AM
We went from the MK to FW for the Hoop de Doo and my dad rode the ECV to and from on the boat with no issues. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ria - your Dad blazed the exact trail I plan to follow! We just made our ADR for Hoop De Doo yesterday and thats our exact plan - going from MK to Ft Wilderness.:mickey:

We're going in July and Im already planning....I love doing the logistical stuff. Does it count as work if you love doing that type of stuff?:D