PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading? Springtime edition

Mickey'sGirl
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm sort of flying through books right now...but in the process, I have encountered some really enjoyable reads!

The Fourth Estate by K. Robert Campbell. It is the second in the Cameron Scott series. Full of suspense and excitement -- and also some humour. A really good read.

Joanne Fluke and her Hannah Swensen Mysteries. I have read several now, and am ready to order the balance. The books mix mystery with baking (and include the recipes!). They are light reads, and I have made several of the recipes already -- These books are satisfying on many levels.

Last night I finished The Year of Living Biblically, by A. J. Jacobs. In it, the author decides to live one full year according to all of the rules of the bible (not just the commandments) and to write about the experience. It was a spiritual journey for an admittedly agnostic man. This was one of the best reads I've had in years. I am not a religious person by any stretch, but I have some foundation in Christianity and I have read the bible when I had to. I love biographies, and travel journals and I love to laugh. I laughed out loud on several occasions, and also had some introspective moments. This book really worked for me.

What else is out there?

crazypoohbear
04-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Right now I am reading the Power of the praying parent. Recommended to me by cinderelley!. It really helps with stressful situations. however, I have to keep going back and rereading things.

Ian
04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I feel like such a hack ... you guys are reading all these deep books and I just finished "Blaze", by Stephen King (which was great) and I'm about to start his newest novel, "Duma Key."

I also just finished one of Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware novels, "Obsession."

It wasn't bad ... I bought it as an airplane read for a flight to L.A. and it held my interest.

Mickey'sGirl
04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I also just finished one of Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware novels, "Obsession."

My dad and I read the Kellerman books. They're great reads that I too found on a flight to LA back in the day......

You want hack? Last night I read "Bumblebee Rumble" with my DS4. :D

offwego
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Jenn for posting this!

Ian your not alone I've been on a "Bones" book series kick, and rereading and reading a bunch by Amanda Quick and Jayne Krentz historical/mystery romances not deep at all! But fun.

For deep I guess the most recent one was the Marley and Me again. I've got to get the Life Lessons or whatever it is by Randy Pausch after seeing that on TV last night.

Hair_Razor
04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
"My Sister's Keeper" it's pretty good, but I seem to be in a reading slump it's taking me forever. I do that sometimes. I go back and forth sometimes I read a book in one day and other times it take me weeks to finish.

Gooftroop5
04-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Nothing heavy just got done reading "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown & just before that I read "The Gods Of Newport" by John Jakes.

I need to go back to the library so I can get new books & see if I can get my hands on the 11th book of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortuate events. They have every book but #11 in the library well I didn't realize this until I looked on line at the libraries card catalog. DD offered to get it from school but I told her to get books she wanted. (She has the 1st 3 & got me hooked. She hasn't finished book 1 yet. Still a little much for her.) While I'm there I will probably get something more grown up like "The Hungry Catepillar" ;)

Magic Smiles
04-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Valerie Bertinelli's book Losing It. Great book.
I grew up watching her on TV.

Magic Smiles
04-11-2008, 07:30 AM
I need to go back to the library so I can get new books & see if I can get my hands on the 11th book of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortuate events. They have every book but #11 in the library well I didn't realize this until I looked on line at the libraries card catalog. DD offered to get it from school but I told her to get books she wanted. (She has the 1st 3 & got me hooked. She hasn't finished book 1 yet. Still a little much for her.) While I'm there I will probably get something more grown up like "The Hungry Catepillar" ;)

My DS has the complete series. But has only read the first 10 I think. Would you recommend them for adults?

Mickey'sGirl
04-11-2008, 08:46 AM
While I'm there I will probably get something more grown up like "The Hungry Catepillar" ;)I love Eric Carle! He has a really fantastic interactive website that shows him making all his colours and the whole process of putting a picture together.

I saw the other book I've started last night.... Feasting on Asphalt by Alton Brown .... It's a travelogue (I LOVE travelogues!)of his journey north along the Mississippi River from New Orleans and it also includes some of the recipes from the Food TV roadtrip that was aired. :thumbsup:

Gooftroop5
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
My DS has the complete series. But has only read the first 10 I think. Would you recommend them for adults?

I am enjoying them. I think they have an appeal to both adults & kids. They are a little scary for dd she is only 9 & has a very active imagination. I try to read at least 1 or 2 of a series that dd gets into. That way I know what she is reading when she tells me about them. I have also read all but the last 2 Magic tree house series. DD & I read the majority together then she read the last one herself & I had to read it (wanted to know what happened next...teehee) All I can say is try the first one you don't like it you don't have to read anymore of them. I am a person that reads practically anything. I've read all of the Harry Potter books & also Eragon & its sequel. I even read the back of cereal boxes just to read.

I love Eric Carle! He has a really fantastic interactive website that shows him making all his colours and the whole process of putting a picture together.

My dd got hooked on Eric Carle at school. She has a couple of his other books but we don't have the very hungry catepillar. I'll have to look for the website I'm sure all my kids would love it.

Problem is when I get reading I don't do anything else I need to do & i really need to finish some cross stitch projects.

threeh
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I just finished Sophie Kinzilla's new book "remember me". It was good. I am also re reading Jennifer Wiener's "good in bed" as her new book just came out. I am looking forwars to Stephanie Meyers "the host" which will be out in May and then part 4 of her Twilight series which will be out in the summer. Happy Reading:thumbsup:
I also love listening to books on my ipod. I just finished "confessions of a shop a holic", which I've read many times and always enjoy and I just finished "the nanny diaries". also good.

DisneyDog
04-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I just finished Jennifer Weiner's brand new book "Certain Girls." It's the sequel to "Good in bed." I actually had an advanced reader's copy (we get tons of them in for the library staff) so I finished it a week before it was actually published. It was very good, and I got very emotional at the end.

MNNHFLTX
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
"My Sister's Keeper" it's pretty good, but I seem to be in a reading slump it's taking me forever. I do that sometimes. I go back and forth sometimes I read a book in one day and other times it take me weeks to finish.I'm reading another Jodi Picoult novel, the newest one--"Change of Heart". I love her novels.

Did you know they are making "My Sister's Keeper" into a movie? Abigail Breslin is playing Anna and the girl who plays the oldest daughter on "Medium" (can't remember her name) will play older sister Kate.

trennedy
04-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Teaching kindergarten, I read daily...picture books that is. At night my 8 yr old DD and I read her books together, Junie B. Jones and American Girl stories.

I rarely get to sit and read for my own enjoyment, so I was very excited that I finally finished a book for pleasure. I read Marley & Me..I'd had it forever and just got to read it. I was in tears and sobbing by the last chapter...I look forward to the movie with Owen Wilson.

I'd love to start a new book and am reading the suggestions that people give for my next attempt.

dmosher
04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I am currently (as usual) reading 3 different titles, since what I want to read at that moment depends on my mood.
1) Building a Dream-The Art of Disney Architecture by Beth Dunlop
2)Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee
3)The Dead at Deepminden by Gary Gross

Yes a very strange variety, but I try to mix it up... oh and for the record all of them are GREAT reads!

:pipes:
D

jrkcr
04-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Ireland by Frank Delaney. I am loving it!! :thumbsup:

Also as a car book (to read while I wait to pick up kids) I read the series of books by Laura Childs called the Tea Shop Mysteries, set in Charleston SC. Currently on book # 7, titled Blood Orange Brewing. I pass these books on to my mom(who passes them on...) with a box of tea that matches the title of the book.

castlegirl
04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I just finished reading "The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It's a fable about a shepherd boy who's life journey goes on different paths. A friend recommended it to me after I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The book was inspirational for helping me get through my different path.

Now I'm reading the biography of Walt, "An American Original" by Bob Thomas.

One of the best summer reads I read was "Envy" by Sandra Brown. A typical romance novel, but with lots of twists and turns! ;)

mickey&missy
04-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I just finished James Patterson's Quickie. It was pretty good. Not the best book every but I read it in 2 days and it kept my interest that long ;) I just started In An Instant by Bob and Lee Woodruff. I'm also inthe middle of Charlotte's Web with DD!

I can't read anything too deep. Normally I get to read 2 pages and then have to do a mommy of 3 kids thing. I read at night before bed but I'm famous for falling asleep with a book in my hand!

Hair_Razor
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Now I am reading "A Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown VERY GOOD!! Hard to put down.

SBETigg
04-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I feel like such a hack ... you guys are reading all these deep books and I just finished "Blaze", by Stephen King (which was great) and I'm about to start his newest novel, "Duma Key."

It wasn't bad ... I bought it as an airplane read for a flight to L.A. and it held my interest.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with reading good commercial fiction. I love Stephen King. I love Dean Koontz, too. And they can both be very deep. If you haven't read Odd Thomas, I highly recommend it. Forever Odd and Brother Odd, the follow ups, are also engaging.

I'm reading Necessary Arrangements by Tatya Michna. It's good, but a little slow to get going.

DizNee143
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I just finished Jennifer Weiner's brand new book "Certain Girls." It's the sequel to "Good in bed." I actually had an advanced reader's copy (we get tons of them in for the library staff) so I finished it a week before it was actually published. It was very good, and I got very emotional at the end.

im in the middle of reading Good in Bed..i didnt know there was a sequel to it..im sooo glad that this thread is here..if it wasnt for this i might not of known about it..now i know to go look for Certain Girls next time im out!!
so far Good in Bed..its really good at some parts and then a few parts i feel like its dragging..but i just started part 2 last night..

thanx again for the info about the second book!!

poohluva
04-16-2008, 09:57 AM
James Patterson's series The Women's Murder club, 7TH Heaven, it's the last book :(

I'm not sure what's next, DD (14) and I are heading to Barnes & Noble next week before our trip starts Sunday April 27, we need to get a couple books for our flights, and to read by the pool on the cruise part of our trip!!

Dragongirlx
04-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I am re-reading Shadows and Light by Ann Bishop. It is the second in the pillars of the world trillogy. I just finished reading her queen of darkness books and then I think I will re read my sherri s teppers

BriarRose0708
04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
aaaahhhh, I've been looking for this thread!

I've been reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It's not as good or gripping as I thought it would be, but still ok. I am about 2/3 of the way through it, but I broke down and watched the Lifetime movie. I thought it was terrible! The general themes were still there, but this interpretation didn't do it for me. It seemed too trashy. Granted, there is scandal in the book, but to me the movie hyped that part of it too much, and it distracted from the focus of discrimination and how people with Down Syndrome were treated (and sometimes still are). I'm going to finish reading it, but I don't think it's going to be on my top 10 list of great novels.

Next up for me is Cold Mountain. I've been wanting to read it for years, and now that I'm finally out of school I have the time to dedicate to it!

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I saw the movie The Painted Veil and I loved it. So last night I read the book, written by W. Somerset Maugham. It was excellent.

Bethanymouse
04-18-2008, 12:26 AM
"My Sister's Keeper" it's pretty good, but I seem to be in a reading slump it's taking me forever. I do that sometimes. I go back and forth sometimes I read a book in one day and other times it take me weeks to finish.
I read this book last Fall and loved it! Keep at it, its a really good one. One of the best I have ever read!

I'm reading another Jodi Picoult novel, the newest one--"Change of Heart". I love her novels.

Did you know they are making "My Sister's Keeper" into a movie? Abigail Breslin is playing Anna and the girl who plays the oldest daughter on "Medium" (can't remember her name) will play older sister Kate.
I love Jodi. Got hooked on her last spring and have been addicted ever since. My Sister's Keeper was one of her best. Read Change of Heart and loved it. Cant wait for another one to come out! The Pact was also great by her! Cant wait to see the movie. They are also making a Marley and Me movie!

aaaahhhh, I've been looking for this thread!

I've been reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It's not as good or gripping as I thought it would be, but still ok. I am about 2/3 of the way through it, but I broke down and watched the Lifetime movie. I thought it was terrible! The general themes were still there, but this interpretation didn't do it for me. It seemed too trashy. Granted, there is scandal in the book, but to me the movie hyped that part of it too much, and it distracted from the focus of discrimination and how people with Down Syndrome were treated (and sometimes still are). I'm going to finish reading it, but I don't think it's going to be on my top 10 list of great novels.

Next up for me is Cold Mountain. I've been wanting to read it for years, and now that I'm finally out of school I have the time to dedicate to it!
I read the Memory Keeper's Daughter a few weeks ago. It took me some time to get into but it was a good book. I tried to watch the movie on lifetime last weekend and it was too depressing.

I just finished reading Blood Orange. I cant recall who the author is. It was a good book but took me awhile to get through. That tends to happen after I finish a good page turner. The book I read before Blood Orange was A Change Of Heart by Jodi Picoult and I couldnt put it down. I have a pile now to chose from so we shall see what I select. Love this thread. Thanks for starting it!

Mickey'sGirl
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw the movie The Painted Veil and I loved it. So last night I read the book, written by W. Somerset Maugham. It was excellent.
I haven't seen the movie -- but this is a book that I want to pick up. I read his short stories at University.

Disneyatic
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I just read Stay Tuned: Conversations with dad from the other side by Jennifer Weigel. I heard her on a radio show and the book sounded interesting so I ordered it off of Amazon.
Her dad was a famous sports guy in Chicago and died young and she kindof went on a quest to see if she could connect with him. It was pretty fasciniating some of the things she encountered. I would recommend it!

kakn7294
04-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I just finished the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I've picked up a few more by her as well as Lisa Jackson's "Hot Blooded". On May 6, I'll be buying Nora Roberts "The Hollow" and then I'll read whatever else I can get my hands on!

lexmelinda
04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Cold Mountain is one of my favorite books of all time. I never saw the movie but I'm sure it can't compare to the book.

I recently read The Other Boleyn Girl and received The Boleyn Inheritance for my birthday. They are both good if you like historical fiction but sadly, I already knew how they would end.

Right after Christmas I read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers. They are technically classified Young Adult Fiction but they are quite good and very compelling! My daughter insisted I read the first one and I was hooked!

Miss Mouse
04-20-2008, 03:52 AM
im in the middle of reading Good in Bed..i didnt know there was a sequel to it..im sooo glad that this thread is here..if it wasnt for this i might not of known about it..now i know to go look for Certain Girls next time im out!!
so far Good in Bed..its really good at some parts and then a few parts i feel like its dragging..but i just started part 2 last night..

thanx again for the info about the second book!!

I am a HUGE Jennifer Weiner fan. I just bought Certain Girls but haven't had the time to start it yet. If you're enjoying her writing, I'd really recommend reading some of her other stuff - I found all of her books to be awesome. Little Earthquakes is fantastic - so funny and believable. For something a little different try Goodnight Nobody - it's kind of like a chick-lit mystery. IMHO, you just can't go wrong with Jennifer Weiner!

I just finished reading Awakenings by Oliver Sacks. It's a memoir about his work with post-encephalitic patients - the movie with Robin Williams was based on Sacks' work. I thought it was amazing. Quite clinical, but definitely held my interest. It's unbelievable some of the things that his patients went through during the course of their illness. I'd highly recommend it.

Right now I'm in the middle of final exams, so I need something that's a light easy read for when I need a break from the textbooks. So I'm re-reading The Devil Wears Prada for probably the twentieth time. So lame and girly, but I just love this book. :)

Up next - I'm hoping to get to Marley and Me after hearing many others rave about it. Also on my list is Mistaken Identity, the true story about the two girls whose identities were mixed up following an awful accident in Michigan. I watched the story on Dateline about this and have been fascinated ever since.

Whew - sorry this was SO long, everybody. Clearly I loves me a good book! :secret:

quest4dl
04-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Just finished 'A Thousand Splendid Sun's which was just 'meh' after Hosseini's first book '
The Kite Runner' .

I'm intrigued by the Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman - have read the first two books.

Really enjoyed Ken Follett's 'The Pillars of the Earth' as well as Philippa Gregory's ' The Boleyn Inheritance' - love that historical fiction stuff!

conorsmom2000
04-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I haven't had much time to read these past few months, but just recently one of the Teachers at Con's school gave me two of Debbie Macombers books from her knitting series, so I read "The Shop on Blossom Street" and "A Good Yarn". I enjoyed both so I went and got the 3rd book "Back on Blossom Street". I may look into other books by this author.

The Fourth Estate by K. Robert Campbell. It is the second in the Cameron Scott series. Full of suspense and excitement -- and also some humour. A really good read.

I'm so glad you mentioned this book - I totally meant to order it a few weeks ago and it slipped my mind. I must order it today as I really enjoyed the first one! :thumbsup:

I'm reading another Jodi Picoult novel, the newest one--"Change of Heart". I love her novels.

Jodi Picoult is another author that the teacher from school recommended - I've never read any of her stuff before, but Con and I are taking a spring break trip to B&N tomorrow, so I have her on my list! :mickey:

I am a HUGE Jennifer Weiner fan. I just bought Certain Girls but haven't had the time to start it yet. If you're enjoying her writing, I'd really recommend reading some of her other stuff - I found all of her books to be awesome. Little Earthquakes is fantastic - so funny and believable. For something a little different try Goodnight Nobody - it's kind of like a chick-lit mystery. IMHO, you just can't go wrong with Jennifer Weiner!

I really like Jennifer Weiner's books as well! :) The new one, "Certain Girls", is also on my list to get tomorrow - and I may look into "Little Earthquakes" as I don't think I've read that one before.

I'm really behind on my reading and there are ton of authors I normally read that I haven't kept up with lately - Jonathan Kellerman being one of them. I loved his books but wasn't crazy about the last two, but I may check out "Obsession", though, I see now he has another new one out - I'm more behind than I thought! :blush:

Another one on my "to get" list is "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Also, stocking up on Summer reading, I see Emily Griffin has a new one coming out "Love the one you're with" - I love her books so I need to pre-order that, as well as the latest Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich, which will be out in June!! :thumbsup:

Gooftroop5
04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to let Mickey'sGirl know that I made it to the library but couldn't get "the hungry catepillar" but did get 2 Eric Carle books. I wanted to let you know also all three kids & myself enjoyed his website. We are talking maybe next year going to his musuem when we go that direction for our non-disney vacay since its less than an hour drive from where we want to go. If I realized it was there last year we would've went.

Also I coudn't order Book 11 of Liminty Snicket. We had a thunderstorm & the library has lost their computer system because of it.

I did get "Deception Point" & "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown. I also got "Murder:The Musical" by Annette Meyers for myself.

Has anybody read anything by Clive Cussler? Did you enjoy it? I was going to get one of his books but couldn't figure out which one was first in the collection & Since there is a lot of his books I want to start at the beginning. The library didn't have all of his books so I couldn't go by publishing dates. Figured I would research it at home on the internet.

IloveDisney71
04-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey, there is nothing wrong with reading good commercial fiction. I love Stephen King. I love Dean Koontz, too. And they can both be very deep. If you haven't read Odd Thomas, I highly recommend it. Forever Odd and Brother Odd, the follow ups, are also engaging.

I'm reading Necessary Arrangements by Tatya Michna. It's good, but a little slow to get going.

I LOVE Dean Koontz and hope that he will come out with another "Odd" book. I have read almost all of his books. If you like him you might also enjoy John Saul. His books are somewhat similar to the kind of books Koontz writes.
I just picked up a book by an author I haven't read before - Sherrilyn Kenyon. It was on the bargain book aisle. The title is Dark Side of the Moon. I guess it's best described as a vampire, romance, suspense book. It's pretty good so far.
I rarely read anything "deep". I just enjoy what I call "quick" reads (books that I don't have to think too much about). It is my escape from the real world. :)

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to let Mickey'sGirl know that I made it to the library but couldn't get "the hungry catepillar" but did get 2 Eric Carle books. I wanted to let you know also all three kids & myself enjoyed his website. We are talking maybe next year going to his musuem when we go that direction for our non-disney vacay since its less than an hour drive from where we want to go. If I realized it was there last year we would've went.
Good for you! I don't work on Wednesday's and volunteer at my son's school. The language class I work in has been making "Eric Carle" paper, and creating their own work and writing stories to go with. It's incredible for sure!

Have you ever read any Shel Silverstein with them? He wrote a fabulous book called the Giving Tree -- and several others and poems and all kinds of stuff. He is fantastic!

DH likes Clive (and I sure loved Sahara with Abs McConaughey :heart: )

I am waiting for my new shipment of books ... included in it is Big Fish by Daniel Wallace. It's one of my favourite movies, and I can't wait to read the book!

poohluva
04-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I just bought Valerie Bertinelli's autobiography, I hope it'll be good reading on the flight to Orlando on Sunday!!:mickey:

Gooftroop5
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Have you ever read any Shel Silverstein with them? He wrote a fabulous book called the Giving Tree -- and several others and poems and all kinds of stuff. He is fantastic!

DH likes Clive (and I sure loved Sahara with Abs McConaughey :heart: )

I've hear of him. Haven't read any of his stuff to the kids. I will look when I am at the library the next time. We have tons of children's books but they always like something new.

I never saw the movie. Just saw he had a lot of books thought he might make a good choice instead of waiting for new books to come out.I'd have a lot to read.

Our library is small (big building, few books) they have a lot of children's books. I read a lot of different types of books which helps but they don't have all the books in a series & you can't always count on one of the affiliated libraries having it either to borrow. Oh well.

Haven't started my new books yet. Going to probably start this weekend. DH won't be home this weekend so I can read at night.

DisneyDog
04-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I've read all of Jennifer Weiner's books, and have been a big fan of her's since the beginning of her career with novels. She is a Philly native, and I love it when she mentions places I am familiar with. In her latest book, she takes her daughter to the mall that is just 10 minutes from my house. My DH works in the city, and on a recent visit down there, we passed by stores I remember her mentioning. Always fun!

We love Shel Silverstein in my house. Our copy of The Giving Tree was mine when I was a kid. I always get teary-eyed when I read it. We have another by him about a kid who wants to sell a rhinoceros. It is a very old edition. It's not exactly PC anymore. There are newer editions that have changed the text...I wish I had a newer edition (a rhinoceros is good for opening your dad's beer can...for stopping your mom from hitting you when you've done nothing wrong... stuff like that). I do love Where the Sidewalk Ends. But, I think my 5 year old is a bit young for some of the content.

limegreenmonorail
05-03-2008, 02:17 AM
I LOVE Dean Koontz and hope that he will come out with another "Odd" book. I have read almost all of his books.
Good news! The new Odd book comes out May 20! It's called Odd Hours. I already pre-ordered it. :thumbsup:

Lately, I've read and loved:

Home, Julie Andrews' memoir. It's amazing.

The entire Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. Hilarious, and such imagination!

Just ordered the new James Patterson, Sundays at Tiffany's. Still waiting for it to come, but I expect great things. ;)

threeh
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM

I just finished certian girls and the end really got me. Never saw it coming. I really like her style of writing, Jennifer Weiner. Little earthquakes is my favorite of hers.

happy reading!!:marg:

DizNee143
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
ewww..just finished certain girls...so did not like it..i was very mad about how it ended..didnt like it..it ruin the whole book for me...i should of just stopped at good in bed...didnt really like certain girls when i started and i really hated when i finished it..i was very disappointed!!..
oh well..on to another book..:)

tinkerbellybutton
05-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm reading Mary Higgins Clark "Where are you now?" and I have "Nineteen minutes" by Jodi Picoult waiting.

I just finished Duma Key and Blaze shortly before that. I loved Blaze and Duma Key isn't so bad either.

I just finished the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I've picked up a few more by her as well as Lisa Jackson's "Hot Blooded". On May 6, I'll be buying Nora Roberts "The Hollow" and then I'll read whatever else I can get my hands on!

I love the Stephanie Plum novels. I've read all the numbered ones and the in between the numbers books ("Visions of sugar plums", "Plum lucky" and "Plum lovin'") :thumbsup: She usually comes out with a new Plum book (numbers) every June.

Good news! The new Odd book comes out May 20! It's called Odd Hours. I already pre-ordered it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info, the OddThomas books are my favorite of his. :yay: :clappy:

IloveJack
05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm in the middle of reading Karen Kingsbury's Firstborn Series. The beauty of it is is that the series is also part of a series. There are 5 books in the first series, then 5 in the second, and (so far) 3 in the third. They continue following the same family through life. It's nice, because I read fairly fast and love to get wrapped up in the story. This way, when I finish the book, the story keeps going. Even when I finish the series, the story keeps going.

MauiMouse
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Just bought Angela Hunt's "The Note".

I'm waiting for my new Jeffrey Archer book "A Prisoner of Birth", from Amazon.

TigChatt
05-07-2008, 03:58 PM

I've read both "My Sister's Keeper" & "Change of Heart". I loved them so much I have been reading her others. Nineteen minutes was good.

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I just finished the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.
Well...I started reading the Stephanie Plum series last week, and have just purchased books 6 and 7 to get me through the weekend :blush:. I had a hard time with the first book (a bit edgier than what I am used to reading) but by the end of it I was hooked, and it's costing me a fortune at the bookstore!! Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbsup:

MamaStyles
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm in the process of reading Girls Like Us..Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and the Journey of a Generation.

Brings back memories of those 'wild and crazy' 60s!!:dizzy::silly:

pianobabe
06-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I love anything by Fern Michaels, especially the Sisterhood series. Mary Higgins Clark is my absolute favorite. I think there are only 2 books of her's that I haven't read. I have started getting into books by Kay Hooper.
I do agree that Marley and Me is an excellent book. I was laughing one minute and then crying the next. I also can't wait for the movie.
I read pretty much anything.