PDA

View Full Version : POFQ-Last Refurb

PetefromRI
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know the last time that the rooms in POFQ were refurbished.We're going next month and I keep reading some shaky reviews on the cleanliness and the rooms in need of redoing.I realize that some travelers are alot more picky than myself,such as if there's a few hairs in the drain it's not the end of the world to us,but just wondering what you guys think?I've stayed from the Poly to the Pop and never had a problem anywhere.Even the noise of the turbo toilets at the Pop didn't even come close to bothering us.It'll be our first time at the French Quarter,we've been to Riverside before.

pwdebbie
04-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I did a quick online search because I knew I had seen a history of POFQ somewhere and found that the resort opened after refurbishment on 3/21/2004.

We were there in Oct. 2007 and everything proved to be very satisfactory.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
praying / hoping /wishing / dreaming for March or April, 2009 or 2010

chick20679
04-10-2008, 02:43 PM
We'll be there in May as well...
Our last visit to POFQ was a three night stay just this past February (08). We loved it! No problems with the cleanliness of the rooms or mousekeeping while we were there.
The ONLY thing I noticed was that the tables in the food court seemed like they could have been wiped down more often/thoroughly.
You'll love it!!

Olivia's Daddy
04-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I've been there twice in the last couple of years and found the hotel very clean. In fact it jumped up to be my favorite of the moderates.

KylesMom
04-10-2008, 04:08 PM
If I remember correctly, it was a complete refurb, too. The entire resort was closed to guests - not just a "building by building" scenario like Disney usually does, but the whole she-bang at once. :mickey:

Crow
04-10-2008, 04:12 PM
yes i had booked it & the next day got word it was going down for refurb. got a special rate at BC due to that. but I did get to stay there a few yrs ago & liked it. Its tied w CSR for my fav mod & Im thinking of trying to get it for Sept

Kairi_7378
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I was also there in October 2007 and did not have any problems with cleanliness or mousekeeping. I was very impressed with the maintenance at this smaller resort.