PDA

View Full Version : Furthest Away of the Moderates from Magic Kingdom

AliceinDisney
04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Which one of the moderates is the closest to the Magic Kingdom, and which one is the furthest? In other words which resorts bus gets to magic Kingdom the quickest?

Quasimodo
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Technically Port Orleans Riverside is the closest, but Port Orleans French Quarter is right next to it so there is virtually no difference in travel time. The only thing to make note of is that POR has multiple (I think 3) bus stops. POFQ only has one. So staying there would offer a quicker trip to the MK than POR. The exception to this is that sometimes the two resorts will share the same bus. Not sure when this happens, probably during off-peak times. But when they do, you have to go through all of the stops at POR after you board the bus at POFQ.

Other than the deluxe resorts near the MK and Fort Wilderness, these two resorts have the shortest travel time to MK. Travel time to EPCOT is also very short. These two resorts are some of the best for travel time. Very nice late at night when you're tired.

Caribbean Beach Resort is the furthest away from Magic Kingdom of the moderates.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I believe coronado springs is the furthest away from MK. The port orleans resorts are the closest and carribean beach is only a little further. POFQ usually has its own bus only to MK during the early morning rush and of course during the crazy post fireworks madness.

Quasimodo
04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I forgot about Coronado Springs. I agree that it is further away from MK than CBR.

joonyer
04-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Just remember, distance is not necessarily a directly proportional to travel time. Red-lights, turns, road design, traffic and speed limits all have an effect. I think you will find that the average difference in actual travel time once the bus departs from any resort to MK (except WL, which is very close) is less than 4-5 minutes. You won't get any significant decrease in bus ride time by choosing one resort over another.

Gator
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Coronado is the furthest as far as distance. However, the HWY is next to CS and it goes straight to MK. The drive time is about the same as it is from PO. What makes it better is that you're very close to AK and Epcot. Only CB is a shorter drive to the Studios.

Tygger7
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Speaking from our experiences at POFQ, you can expect it to take 20-40 minutes to get from POFQ/Riverside to MK. Depending on number of stops, number of guests, and traffic, it could take longer. We were there over 4th of July and our average bus ride time (from pick up at the hotel, to drop off at the parks) was 45-50 minutes.