PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

homeschool mom
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
...to walk from MK to the Grand Floridian. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put it.

CrazyStitch
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Looking at the area on Google Maps, it doesn't look like it. There's not a connecting walkway between the two, and monorail passes over a canal.

GrumpyFan
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
No, there is not a walk-way connecting GF and MK. At one time they were supposed to build a walkway that went all the way around the lagoon, but it was never completed. I think they ran into too many issues with having to cross over water.

The quickest way to get there is the resort boat launch which is at the foot of the ramp for the monorail.

doodleboy
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I was curious about the same thing in the past. So while riding the monorail one day I decided to get an aerial view of the paths from both ends. It seems that there is a small canal the prohibits this walkway. It seems like minimal efforts would make this possible since it would just be a small foot bridge. But maybe small boats use the waterway for utility access. It would really be a nice addition though. It is one of the things that draws us to the Contemporary.

JabberJaws
04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
As many have already said, nope there is no way to walk from the MK to the GF unless you were to walk ALL the way around from the MK to the CR to the POLY then around the the GF, and unless you are just fond of walking, I wouldn't suggest it haha.

I love to park at the GF b/c MK is the first stop on the monorail from there, only problem is GF is the LAST stop on the monorail from the MK! Oh well.

Tick-Tock
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
From what I've heard, the problem with bridging the canel is that is where the Electrical Water Parade goes in and out.

Figment104
04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
That's right the Water Parade does go in and out there. MY DH got a picture of it docked there on the way to the Magic Kindgom from the Monorail.
:mickey:

Gator
04-19-2008, 01:36 AM
I've heard of someone a long time ago walking on water. Unless your him, you're going to have trouble getting to the GF on foot.

threeh
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
We walked that walkway past the MK towards the GF (for fun)and it ends at the bridge for were they store the floats for the electric water pageant. It is a very nice walk, there is a bench to sit on at the end and all the monorails going by wondering what you are doing.:D
But it doesn't connect to GF.

Happy planning:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
You can walk from the TTC but I wouldn't suggest it.