PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Meal at San Angel Inn

disney100%
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
We are planning on trying San Angel Inn on our next trip. I noticed that the children's menu seems very limited. Has anyone eaten there lately with little ones? How did your kids like the meal? I will have 3 children who are 3 and under.

Quasimodo
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
My DD (9) likes quesadillas and got those the last time we ate there, but I don't think she was crazy about the chicken in it. She prefers cheese only. We ordered Nachos as well and she ate a bunch of those, so that helped.

Personally, I've never really been that crazy about the food at San Angel Inn. I do like Mexican food, but more the Americanized versions that you find in your local Mexican restaurant.

Disneyatic
04-10-2008, 11:08 AM
My DD 8 also got the chicken quesadilla, it comes with rice.
It's a single tortilla folded in 1/2 with cheese and chicken, very basic. She liked it but was still hungry and ate a cup of tortilla soup also.

We did notice that the kids menu was pretty limited also. This seems to be the case in alot of property restaurants.

katzctkpt
04-10-2008, 03:14 PM
We ate there in 2006 with our 3 children and all 3 hated their meals. Chips & salsa was awful. Even DH and myself didn't care for our meals. Just plain yucky. Other family members were with us and they too didn't enjoy their meals. I honestly would not recommend this.

wendy*darling
04-10-2008, 03:27 PM
With kids that young- you might be better off having them share a bit of what's on your plate, or ordering some plain rice or PB&J (almost any place can do that).
The kids menu has chicken fingers, pasta and quesadillas- most kids like those items. But if you ask (here and at any WDW restaurant), they can most likely make something a little different.

The atmosphere is fun. The kids like seeing the volcano and the boats passing by (ask to sit close to the railing).

This is a "must do" restaurant for my DH on nearly every trip! And our kids have enjoyed it over the years as well. :thumbsup:

pandkx3
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
We went in June and hated it:down:. I have been several times and it was good. My 8 year old son (I have three sons) had a glass that shattered in his hand! The atmosphere is cool for kids, though.

elmjimmlm
04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
:ack::ack::ack:enough said...

disney100%
04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I think we will be looking into some other options!

#1donaldfan
04-12-2008, 08:05 AM
All I have to say is the experience of going in and seeing what it looks like is the best the place has to offer....the food smells good, but what a horrible taste....YUCK!!:ack: