PDA

View Full Version : AKL deluxe rooms

buzznwoodysmom
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I remember reading somewhere that AKL used to have deluxe rooms that accomodated 5 people, but that those were done away with when the DVC was added. Are there any rooms at AKL that will accomodate 5? We don't want a suite or a 2 bedroom villa, we were looking for a room with two beds and a day bed. Are there any deluxe concierge rooms that we could sleep 5 in? We'd love to do the sunrise safari one day, but with our family of 4 plus my mom who comes with us it might get pricy to have to book 2 concierge rooms just to be able to do the safari. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Tinkerfreak
04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
They no longer offer any deluxe rooms. I called and tried to reserve one for our next trip and was told they have all been converted to DVC rooms. That is a major pet peeve of mine. I am so mad that they did away with this rooms for DVC when they were building another DVC building right next door. Maybe they thought that people would be more likely to buy into DVC if they no longer offered the deluxe rooms. We also used to take MIL and loved having the day bed. Plus the room itself was just a little bigger and it really did make a difference in our comfort level. This used to be our favorite resort but this may be our last time staying there. We only have 4 of us this time but we still wanted the room that was a bit bigger. If we are too cramped in the standard room we will be switching resorts for any future trips.

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks,

That is what I was afraid of. I don't mind getting two rooms or a suite so much, but to have to get two concierge rooms just to do the sunrise safari is a bit much. When you called did you ask about concierge rooms? I was hoping that maybe some of those rooms still accomodated 5 guests. What a bummer. My youngest loves animals and everything about AK and AKL and I was hoping to do this for him one day.

Niecyboo
04-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Some of the one-bedroom Villas at Animal Kingdom Villas will hold 5 guests, unlike other Deluxe Villa resorts where one-bedroom Villas have a maximum of 4 people. Availability is very limited though, and not easy to find.

WhiteRose1
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Concierge guests staying at any hotel can do the sunrise safari, I believe...but I know you have your heart on staying at AKL. Poly has rooms that accomidate 5. They have a day bed....

TammiMcMan
04-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Concierge guests staying at any hotel can do the sunrise safari, I believe...Sorry, but this is not true. Only guests of the AKL club level have that option. There is another safari called the Wildlife Discovery Expedition, which is open to any club level guest. It is a ride through the savannah on a specially equipped vehicle with a naturalist, however there is no breakfast involved.