PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain?? Closing?? Not closing?? [Merged threads]

jaredkari
04-07-2008, 01:14 AM
I might be totally wrong on this but I thought for sure there was discussion on here about SM closing to get redone like SM at WDL?? Am I wrong??

Last time my wife and I were at WDW we overheard a CM talking about it closing down all summer?? I checked the official site and it says nothing about it being closed??

Can somebody set me straight please:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
04-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Nothing official has been released, however the refurb that was RUMORED to be happening anywhere from the beginning of this year to this summer has now changed to being RUMORED to be going on next year now. Rumored is the key word. Nothing is going to happen unless Disney releases it.

Though I can't say much with the new Contemporary building going up with no official word on it yet. But they will want to release this early enough so that people know that the most popular ride at the Magic Kingdom is going to be down for around a year.

MNNHFLTX
04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
There was a recent thread in the News, Rumors and Imagineering forum on this subject:

Space Mountain Rehab Rumors (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122496&highlight=space+mountain+refurb)

TinkerbellFan16
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I've heard thorugh the grapevine that they are going to shut down space mountain sonn, for about a year, and TOTALLY redo the inside. Anyone know if this is true, and you want to add your:twocents:post here. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Gator
04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
It seems like I heard the same thing. Don't know if it's true. They did it at Disneyland and the ride is WAAAAAYYYYY better. The music is cool, the turns are smooth, it seems faster. However, (if I remember correctly) it took over 2 years to refurbish it. That was a real bummer.