View Full Version : Disneyland March 28 - April 2

Lisaj13
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Cast

Myself - 47/48, mother to
DD 1 - 15
DD 2 - 11
Along for the ride, my sister - 53

We had a wonderful time. Every time I go to Disneyland or Disney World I am surprised (I have a very bad memory!) by how lovely it is. The flowers were beautiful, the parks were clean and the cast members were friendly. And the rollercoasters were awesome!

DD 2 managed to go on Big Thunder 7 times and DD 1 managed to go on Pirates 8 times. New records! I was happy to get on Space Mountain 3 times and finally get on Finding Nemo, and to survive California Screamin'.

We had lunch at The Blue Bayou for my birthday and it couldn't have been better. We had a table right by the "river" and much waving to the passing POTC boats happened. We all enjoyed our meals, but DD 2's desert was incredible. She had the Flying Dutchman, which is a large chocolate chip cookie, ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and sugar sail.

This is the first time that we used Anaheim Resort Transit and it worked well for us. There was only one stop between our hotel and the park and the buses ran about every 20 minutes.

I was very anxious before the trip due to work problems and my arthritis in my feet acting up, but Disney worked its magic. I was able to walk as much as I wanted to (only occasionally limping) and my anxieties disappeared as we concentrated on having fun.

So now we're back at work/school and I'm working on keeping a more relaxed frame of mind. And I bought a double CD set with the music from the rides and parks so I've got a reminder (besides all our pictures) of what a great time we had.

Lisaj13
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Myself, my sister and my two daughters stayed at the Holiday Inn - Anaheim Resort (on S. Manchester) for this visit (March 28 - April 2). It wasn't my first choice, but because I booked relatively close to our travel dates there weren't a lot of possibilities. The hotel has a pool, hot tub, restaurant (where kids under 12 eat free with an adult) and small convenience store.

This was the first time we've used Anaheim Resort Transit and it worked well. The bus stops right outside the restaurant and there is a kiosk to buy tickets right there. There was only one stop between us and the parks so it was quite speedy.

I found the staff at the hotel to be quite friendly. We got the unexpected bonus of being able to watch the fireworks from our room.

While I generally prefer a hotel with a buffet breakfast and closer to the park, we enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend it.

Lisaj13
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I forgot to say that we got a dream.

We came out of the Snow White ride and were presented with YOMD mouse ear hats.

That was a great surprise.

tinkwest
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Sounds like a very fun and successful trip. And a dream to boot! :yay: Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

DisneyLandMomma
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the trip report. I've been dying to read some new ones since I haven't been to the parks in awhile.

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!! :)

DisneyLandMomma
04-10-2008, 10:13 PM
whoops...double post!! :)

BklynChick
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Glad you had a great time! I agree, Blue Bayou and the Flying Dutchman were highlights of my trip as well.

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I am so glad that you all had such a nice and relaxing trip, Lisa. I arrived at Disneyland just a few days after you left and I have to agree with you about the flowers. They had some gorgeous flower beds just bursting with color. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: