PDA

View Full Version : Year of a Million Dreams

Emme&TeddysMommy
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
How cool is this! My MIL just called me from the Magic Kingdom to tell me she was just approached by a member of the dream team. The Dream team member told her that she and her entire party had been selected for a magical gift. Her gift was a magical FASTPASS allowing her and all of them members in her party to jump to the head of the line on every FASTPASS attraction for the entire day. :party:

I can’t help to be jealous. I can’t stop thinking about all of the rides she is able to go on all day, while I am at home.

CleveSJM
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm familiar with the YOMD process but also with Mother-in-Law translations... ;)

I have no doubt she and her party won Fastpasses but a couple items seem to be misstated.

I doubt she was just approached. She was probably in a queue area at the right time. The YOMD FASTPASS also only allows you to go to the front of the line one time for each of the Fastpass rides that day. They brake off a little tab and you are done for that ride that day.

Still an awesome YOMD win!

ibrowse17
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Those Magical FP's are really cool, as is winning them. When we won ours we where walking through the Jungle Trek, not in a line, when we were stopped by the DreamTeam.:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
We won the Dream Fast Passes at MGM in 2006.
They were good for one ride on the following attractions. Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Little Mermaid, Star Tours, Stunt Car Show, Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones Show, Great Movie Ride. I think that's everything. We got them in the Tower or Terror room. Everyone in the room with us got them. It was really cool and got us through the park alot quicker. The best part was that we could still get regular fast passes so we got to ride the big attractions multiple times.

elmjimmlm
04-10-2008, 05:07 PM
This would be a perfect prize to win especially when the parks are so crowded and hot...I would love to win this or any gift...:mickey:

RocknRoller94
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
We won a Dream Fastpass at Tower of Terror at MGM in 2006, and also won again at the Main Street Railway Station at MK in 2007. In 2006, We also won Dream Lanyards at Toontown Railway Station.:mickey:

Very Memorable Experiences!

I've also heard of a GOLD Fastpass that gives you unlimited uses!:mickey:

laguna
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
We saw the Dream Team twice on our visit over Easter. We saw them once gettin off of Space Mountain and then again after greeting Goofy at Camp Minnie/Mickey @ the Animal Kingdom. We received the dream fastpasses from the Animal Kingdom. It was a very crowded week, so it was awesome to receive them!!

loopner67
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
How awesome for your MIL and the rest of her party!

We got dream fast passes last year in AK. We were walking through the Pangani Trail and a bunch of us were stopped by castmembers. It was *really* cool.

A gold fastpass with unlimited use would rock! The fastpass we received had 6 fastpass "tabs" on it for EE, Kali River, Tough to be a Bug, Safari, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. Here's a picture of a layout I made with a pic of the pass...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/DreamFastPasses.jpg

letsdoitagain
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
When we went last August, we weren't approached by the dream team, but my son (5 at the time) got to be an honorary bird spotter in MK and got a certificate, and he got a certificate in the gift shop near splash moutain for disney trivia. He thought that was the greatest.

Our last day there both my son and daughter got pins as part of the year of a million dreams from the gift shop manager at the All Star Music Resort.

It wasn't much, but it made their experience that much better,just to be picked for something.

Magic Smiles
04-11-2008, 07:14 AM
How awesome for your MIL and the rest of her party!

We got dream fast passes last year in AK. We were walking through the Pangani Trail and a bunch of us were stopped by castmembers. It was *really* cool.

A gold fastpass with unlimited use would rock! The fastpass we received had 6 fastpass "tabs" on it for EE, Kali River, Tough to be a Bug, Safari, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. Here's a picture of a layout I made with a pic of the pass...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/loopner67/Disney%2007%20SB%20Layouts/DreamFastPasses.jpg

Love your layout!