PDA

View Full Version : Dog question...

jrkcr
04-09-2008, 10:11 AM
New to Ft W. campground....
I assume if we are camping in our tent(or hopefully an rv ;)), that we board our doggie at the kennel during the day, and she stays with us at night... But what about in the evenings, if we decide to see a movie, or stay late in the park etc. What time does the campground kennel close? Or can we leave her for a short time in the rv alone? Our Baby is really part of the family, and she sleeps right beside my feet...so to ask her to sleep at the kennel would not be cool!

Also, are there any cabins that allow dogs?

Thanks!!

medic9016
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Dogs are not allowed to stay in tents or Pop-up campers unattended. If you stay in a regular travel trailer or RV your dog can stay in there with out going to the kennel. Here is a link to the FW Kennel (http://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/ctr_fortwilderness.cfm)

NJ Camper
04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
We have a travel trailer and our 2 dogs stay in there we just come back during the middle of the day to let them out for a walk and potty break but otherwise they stay in our trailer all day unless they are with us they have camped with us for the last 9 years they are seniors now and like to sleep most of the day so they aren't to hard to take care of just turn on the ac so they stay cool and give them a little tv or radio to listen to and they are good:pluto::puppy:

mickey98
04-10-2008, 09:05 PM
A couple things for thought. pets are not allowed to stay unattended in pop ups or tents, are not allowed to leave the pet loop you are staying in and are not allowed in the cabins. suggest that you try to come in motorhome or a travel trailer. at least then you can leave you pet attended in the unit that bring if you choose to stay late at the park or catch a movie..

Harley-Davidson_Guy
04-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Keep in mind that the Kennel is no longer managed by Disney. It is managed by an outside company now. It used to be our prefered kennel because of the people who ran it. Now I don't know who works there. They told me when I called last month that they didn't even know if the old employees would be there or not. They used to allow you to board your dog during the day and take your dog back to your sight for the night provided you were in a pet area and provided you do not leave them unattended. I'd call them directly.