PDA

View Full Version : menu ?

homeschool mom
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I have checked the menus on this site and one other. The kids menus are very different on each. How up to date are the menus on here? Frankly, I see more items available for the kids on these menus than on the other site. I'm concerned that with only a few offerings, (as the other site suggests) my boys are not going to be happy. I'm looking at 50's Prime Time and Coral Reef. Has anyone been lately and seen the kids menu?

Figment!
04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Most menus in INTERCOT info Central have the publishing date posted at the bottom of the menu.

Please keep in mind that all menus posted on on-line should be used as a general reference only.

If one is concerned with specific items being or not being served during their vacation, they should contact the restaurant directly shortly prior to leaving for the vacation.

Walt Disney World restaurants can vary their exact menu offerings week to week or even day to day. There is unfortunately no way of predicting what exact items may be available during your trip--only having a general idea of the types of offerings and their price range.

DDuck66
04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I have noticed that lately more and more of the restaurants are limiting the Children's menu. Almost none of the restuarants serve a kids pizza anymore (I think that there are two that still do). Most of the time it is Mac n Cheese, Chicken Fingers, Hotdogs, etc....I believe Prime Time has a Peanut Butter and Jelly as I ate there in March. You might try and just get an appetizer instead of a kids meal.

homeschool mom
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I realise that menus can change a lot especially since it is only April and we aren't going until Sept. However, I called this morning and made my ADRs and asked the CM about the 50s menu. The menu listed on info. central is exactly what the CM quoted to me. :number1:

Incidentally, I was able to get all of the restaurants we wanted and at the times we wanted :mickey: :

Crystal Palace - dinner
Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Coral Reef - dinner
Donald's Safari Breakfast
50s Prime Time Cafe - dinner
Cinderella's Happily Ever After @ 1900 Park Fare - dinner

A lot of character meals, I know, but we love CP and CM and we wanted to try DSB. I have a 15 year old daughter who has developmental delays and she absolutely loves Cinderella, so the Happily Ever After meal will be perfect for her and a great ending to our vacation.

NJGIRL
04-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's a suggestion I am going to try for myself since I'm not a big eater and either is my son. Get a regular meal and split it between the two boys. This way they have more choices on the menu.

homeschool mom
04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Here's a suggestion I am going to try for myself since I'm not a big eater and either is my son. Get a regular meal and split it between the two boys. This way they have more choices on the menu.

We can't do it since we'll be on the DDP. They have to order off the kids' menu. It's a great suggestion, though. On our last trip, there were eight of us and for each counter service meal we ate we had a buddy. Buddies chose what they wanted to eat (ie., a wrap, burger, chicken strips, etc...) and then shared the meal. The portions at WDW are so large it is possible to do that for people who aren't big eaters. I think on the DDP we will be stuffed all the time. :) BUT, it's free so we'll give it a try. :thumbsup: