PDA

View Full Version : Odd number of People

tink7474
04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi,

Our family is an odd number 3.
Are there any rides that we can all ride together? My son doesnt wnt to ride alone :confused:

just2mickey
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
It depends on how small he is. For years, we went with my DD and we rode many things together...three peas in a pod. They are really good about this. :mickey:

Buttercup
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Yep - if he's little you can fit 3 wide in some stuff like the Haunted Mansion.
Other rides like Pirates, It's A Small World, etc. are big wide boats that fit 4 or 5 across.
And even stuff like Winnie The Pooh has cars that fit 4 so they'll keep your whole party together, even if Daddy has to sit behind Mommy and DS.

Disney will keep your group together. :mickey:

JMTStone
04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Agree with above posts. When our DD (Now 15) was the only kid in our party, we would do the thing where she rode with Mom and Dad would sit behind if he couldn't sit with us. It makes for GREAT pictures. I have wonderful pics of her smiling back at Daddy.

lightyearfan
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
no worries, when dd use to come with us(she's now married), we were just 3, we had no problems gettting on any ride. they might sit you, 2 in frt 1 back but all in the same car/flume/etc... so in any event you shouldn't be split up

Victor

TheRustyScupper
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Lots of rides can fit three family members in the same vehicle:

1) MK
. . . Space Mountain *
. . . Splash Mountain
. . . Let's get a Hot Dog at Casey's Ride
. . . Haunted Mansion (maybe)
. . . Buzz Lightyear *
. . . Let's Get a Burger at Cosmic Ray's Ride
. . . Mad Hatter Teacups
. . . Steam Trains
2) Epcot
. . . Maelstrom
. . . River of Time
. . . American Adventure
. . . Impressions de France
3) DHS
. . . Indiana Jones
. . . Little Mermaid
. . . Tower of Terror
. . . Beauty and Beast Show
4) AK
. . . Safari
. . . Kali River

* same vehicle, but not side-by-side

disneylovinmom
04-09-2008, 01:33 PM
We've been a party of 3 for the past 14 years, so I know what you mean. We have never had a problem staying together. Many rides will keep you all in 1 car, and even if you have to split up into 2 cars (like the roller coasters) one can sit right behind the others. We take turns riding with our daughter. You will see that it isn't a problem at all. Have a great vacation!:mickey:

Taja
04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Lots of rides can fit three family members in the same vehicle:

1) MK
. . . Space Mountain *
. . . Splash Mountain
. . . Let's get a Hot Dog at Casey's Ride
. . . Haunted Mansion (maybe)
. . . Buzz Lightyear *
. . . Let's Get a Burger at Cosmic Ray's Ride
. . . Mad Hatter Teacups
. . . Steam Trains
2) Epcot
. . . Maelstrom
. . . River of Time
. . . American Adventure
. . . Impressions de France
3) DHS
. . . Indiana Jones
. . . Little Mermaid
. . . Tower of Terror
. . . Beauty and Beast Show
4) AK
. . . Safari
. . . Kali River

* same vehicle, but not side-by-side

Sounds like someone is hungry! *LOL*

KylesMom
04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't forget Test Track, one of my DS' favorites!

If your son isn't "smallish" anymore, you can all still stay together, but one person may need to ride single. Last year at age 9, DS wanted to be the single rider on many of the attractions, so we let him. The exceptions to this are RnRC & Splash Mtn.

In fact, Buzz Lightyear is a ride we all do as single riders so that we have use of both controls! :mickey:

momof3+twins
04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
If he is small you can fit three on many rides. But, if he is older, may I suggest that the adults take turns riding with him that way he doesn't have to ride by himself. And then you can be sure to enjoy the rides with him!:mickey:

boobalk
04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Odd numbers are NO problem. We're a family of 3 and never have a ny issues w/riding an odd #. Any attraction that rides 4, will usually allow 3. If I don't ride w/DD, then DH will. We also sometimes use single-rider lines as I don't always like to go on the same attractions they do and vice-versa. (note...if you're chosen "Family-Of-The-Day" @ Epcot, the Test Track car they take you in rides 3).:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
We're a party of 5 and kinda had the same issues. Once in awhile one of us will be by ourselves but, we try to get our kids to set together as much as possible then DH and I can be together.