PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

Welovejiminy!
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
We will be visiting WDW this coming October. I have 3 children ages 9,6 and 11 months. Is MNSSHP worth attending? Do most kids wear costumes? Any and all input much appreciated!!

Red Randal
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I absolutely loved MNSSHP. The parks had a great full party atmosphere but yet were not "packed" so to speak. Lines were managable (if not non-existent) and almost everyone taking part in the Halloween festivities seemed to be having a great time. Hallowishes was great and the parade was fun as well.

I can not recomend it more! :thumbsup:

biodtl
04-08-2008, 06:33 PM
In my opinion, well worth it. While a lot of people (kids and adults both) dress up, not everyone does, so you'd be fine either way.

You don't have to dress up to participate in the trick or treat.

There are a lot of character meets as well as candy stops.

The parade is extra cool - the headless horseman leads the way and the gravediggers from the parade HM float do a little "dance" with shovels, making sparks on the pavement.

The fireworks have a Halloween theme with special music and villian voiceovers.

And in my experience, the ride lines are MUCH shorter, since there is limited attendance.

joanna71985
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
MNSSHP is so much fun!! I highly recommend it.

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Its our favorite party! You see kids and adults dressed up. There have special music, parade & fireworks, the kids can trick or treat, they bring out special characters (Maleficent makes her only supposed appearances during this party and others your kids would prolly know better than you, like Sora - mine freaked "No way!!!" :eek:). The headless horseman runs up Main St.. very cool! Alot of fun!!

LauraleeH
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
It is so worth it, in my opinion! Kids AND adults dress up. I don't agree with crowds being limited...it always seems very crowded on the nights I go...but I don't go in the summer so I'm sure it doesn't even compare ;)

AliceinDisney
04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I dressed up as Red Riding Hood and people thought I worked at Disney. They asked me for my picture with their kids. hahaha I posed for a couple it was fun. I totally recommend this party it was worth it Disney workers kept stopping me and saying Red Riding Hood we haven't seen you in the Magic Kingdom before. I said its time to bring in new literary characters. I have a picture of Alice and I if anyone wants me to email it. Its fun. I also have a Tweedle Dee and Dum one too.

AliceinDisney
04-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I saw loads of kids dressed up too. They looked so cute. Lots of adults lots of kids.

Lehman Family
04-09-2008, 08:39 AM
It's definitely worth in in my opinion. We went for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it! It was one of the best experiences we've ever had at Disney, and that's saying something because we have a lot of great experiences there. My daughter was almost 3 when we went. She dressed up as Cinderella and made a friend at our bus stop who was about the same age and dressed like Cinderella as well. The fireworks were great and the lines weren't too bad. The parade was wonderful too. We actually found a DVD of the events for MNSSHP and bought it because we found our our video camera wasn't working when we got to Disney World, guess I should have checked that before we left:blush: Anyway, we're actually going to try to continue to plan our trips around MNSSHP because it was such a great event.:thumbsup:

like2workout
04-09-2008, 08:57 AM
it's a great party and i highly recommend it. i've been the last 5 years in a row, and hope to go again. you'll see lots of adults and kids dressed up, and many not dressed up, so you can go either way and be comfortable. i think the parade and the fireworks are the best of all of the special parties, and you can also meet some rare characters that aren't usually out. i hope you all get to go!

cal5755
04-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Isn't intercot great??? I am even more excited after reading all these reviews!! We will be attending our very first MNSSHP this September 16th. Our plan at the moment is for all of us to dress up as a character from the Wizard of oz. My dd 5 wants to be a flying monkey lol.... not quite sure how to make that costume but it will be a trip in itself trying!

I did attend the Christsmas party last November and it was just awesome... I bet the halloween one is even better. Can't wait til September.. only 156 days til our trip!!

Hope yours is Magical :mickey:

senderella
04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Definitely! This is a great event. We love it. Our entire family dressed up last year. Even my 14 DS got into the spirit. My 8 DS loves it. It is one of his favorite times to go to the Kingdom.

If you go, be sure and check out the area between Dumbo and SnowWhite. We have seen SnowWhite and the seven Dwarfs for the past several years. This is a rare photo opportunity. Ask any cast member around that area when they will be appearing. We got in line about 15 minutes early, it was great.

Have fun!

Dyanna
04-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Must go & experience it at least once, you will be hooked! We went for the 1st time this past October & took DD ages 10 months. She just loved the parade & fireworks. We had her dressed up as Minnie Mouse. This year we will try MVMCP to see how they compare.

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
My advice is-

GET INVOLVED:party: wear a costume- have fun-
We have been 3 times and each time i got dressed with my kids- we had a ball.:thedolls:

The Parade is terrific- Villians galore...slighly scarry for youngsters, but totally unique.

it is a really fun time- just stay away from mainstreet during the parade- it gets too darn crowded.

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
where is the best place to view the parade?:mickey:

LovinWDW
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
IMHO, hands down the best event that Disney puts on. We have been to almost all the other events but vowed to never miss MNSSHP. We will be there again this year. We like it so much we attend it twice during our visit. Your going to love it.:thumbsup:

boobalk
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
In a word...ABSOLUTELY!!! We will not miss MNSSHP on any of our future magical journeys. (we always go in Oct.). Our kids did dress up, and we also saw many adults dressed up as well. The fireworks display is wonderful (better than Wishes), and the "Boo-To You" parade is fabulous! (I still can't get that song out of my head). Look for the Headless Horseman to start the parade (usually starts from Splash Mt), and be sure to check out the gravediggers and their "spark"ling dance!! You'll LOVE it!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
IMHO this is the best hard ticket event at WDW! It is sooo worth the money! As far as costumes, a lot of the children and a lot of the adults will be in costume! DW and myself don't miss the chance to dress as one of the Disney characters! We also trick-or-treat right along with the DKs! Lots of fun!! I hope you enjoy it!! :mpumpkin:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
We went for the first time last year and loved it. It was so much fun and we don't have any children yet. There were a lot of kids dressed up and some adults. I think this year when we go we're going to dress up like Elizabeth Swann and Capt. Jack Sparrow.

I also recommend picking up the special event CD that night. You can only get it on the night of the event. It's great!

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Go to that area in betweeen main street and the castle- thats a very good spot to see the villian parade

LauraleeH
04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention the fireworks! My family is not big on fireworks...we clap if it's a great show, but otherwise we usually leave early. Well, our first party ever (2005) our whole family (10 of us) were SCREAMING by the end of HalloWishes. In fact, my mom (Who is usually more reserved) was literally jumping up and down. It is absolutely amazing.

wdwgrl377
04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm so glad I came across this post! I'm going in Oct, not for the first time, but my first time for MNSSHP! I can't wait to go - especially more now after reading this post!

I think it'd be fun to dress up myself too! My friends little girl is 3 and will have a blast! I'm so excited!! :D

NJ Camper
04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Iwas just on the phone last night with disney and they told me that oct 's not so scary ticket don't go on sale til may 1 we are also going in oct we are booked for 15 nights in FW we are there from oct 12-27 so hopefully one of the nights we will make it there we have about 7 nights that they have the not so scary hope you habe fun and who knows maybe we will bump into each other there

wdwgrl377
04-10-2008, 09:00 PM
That would be cool bumping into each other during our stay! I am so psyched about going to MNSSHP!! I do want to dress up myself, but am not sure as what?!?! LOL
I'm waiting for the tickets too, to go on sale!!