PDA

View Full Version : Where is THE BEST steak?

homeschool mom
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
My DH thinks the best steak he can get at a restaurant around home is at the Outback Steakhouse. If you're familiar with theirs, what do you think compares at WDW?

xipetotec
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Well my father is fairly strict with his steak, and he has two places.

Now it hasn't garnered hugely positive reviews on this site, so maybe it was a fluke, or maybe it's not consistent, but my father absolutely *loved* the steak at Big River Grille and Brewing Works.

The other is Le Cellier, which was unanimous in our group.

also, DW, DB and I had dinner at Jiko and my wife had the filet mignon which was just fantastic.

pox24
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Shula's or The Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are other choices but these are the only two that offer US Prime. All the others are not.

Disnamic Duo
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree with your husband that Outback has very good steaks. At WDW, I think the best steaks I've had were at California Grill and Chefs de France. Both different, both very good. I've had a steak at Le Cellier, but I didn't think it was as good as Outback - maybe an off night?? Le Cellier gets such good reviews here, but I've not been impressed in 2 tries.

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Hands down Yachtsman at the Yacht Club. A little pricey but worth every penny. Some of the best food on property IMO :thumbsup:

KathyMJ
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I have had the steak at Yachtsman and Le Cellier and both are wonderful, but I have to say...Kona Cafe has the best Filet Mignon on property!!! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!! It's a must have on every trip. Sometimes even twice:blush:

Aggie97
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
We've eaten steaks at Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Concourse Steakhouse, California Grill and Narcoossee's. Narcoossee's definitely is our favorite. :mickey:

busterthebronco
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
shula's no contest.
pricey though:secret:

TheMartellFamily
04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Le Cellier very very very good.

SBETigg
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
If he likes the Outback, he should be very happy with the food and service at Le Cellier. We had awful steak at Kona, one of the worst dining experiences we've ever had.

In my opinion, California Grill and Narcoossee's have some of the best steak on property with their filet dishes. Shula's at the Dolphin is also supposed to be very good (with prices to match).

pdrlkr
04-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Bongo's Cuban Café in Downtown Disney! The "El Hatuey" is awesome! :thumbsup: :mickey:

homeschool mom
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank you all for your help. Fortunately, we got free dining, so I don't care how much it costs! LOL!! I think we're going to go with Le Cellier partly because it fits in with the trip itinerary and partly because I liked the menu as well. Hopefully, DH will be happy. :mickey:

SBETigg
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Thank you all for your help. Fortunately, we got free dining, so I don't care how much it costs! LOL!! I think we're going to go with Le Cellier partly because it fits in with the trip itinerary and partly because I liked the menu as well. Hopefully, DH will be happy. :mickey:

Good choice. My advice is to make your ADRs, don't wait. Le Cellier is a tough one to get into and usually fills up by the 180 day mark or so. Best wishes and enjoy!

garymacd
04-08-2008, 09:52 PM
My DH thinks the best steak he can get at a restaurant around home is at the Outback Steakhouse. If you're familiar with theirs, what do you think compares at WDW?

Gee, our one - AND ONLY - experience with Outback Steakhouse steak, well, let's say we only rented the steak for about 15 minutes. :ack: :sick:

I had a better steak at the Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge, Kentucky. As for WDW, I would have to agree with a lot of the posters here and say le Cellier has a pretty good steak.

Natazu
04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
California Grill has the best filet in my opinion and Concourse Steakhouse has the best Prime Rib.

Le Cellier is a good choice, though. They consistently maintain a high standard of both food quality and preparation. It is an excellent way to spend an evening.

Truth is, if Outback is your base of comparison, any WDW restaurant offering prime rib, filet, or strip will be more than acceptable. All the cuts are prime, aged, and meticulously prepared by actual chefs, not line cooks working their way through community college.

homeschool mom
04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I was wrong, it won't be Le Cellier, but Coral Reef. The kids won out. They want to "watch the fish" while we eat. ;)

Lehman Family
04-09-2008, 08:46 AM
The best steak I've ever had, and it's a little pricey even for free dining because it takes 2 TS's, was at Cinderella's Royal Table. My wife and I ate there on our honeymoon and I had the best steak I've ever had there.

This year we're going to try some other restaurants. We tend to go to the same places and most of them don't have steak or have more appetizing things (at least it seems more appetizing at that moment) on the menu. I'm glad it only took me 5 years to get her to try new stuff :rolleyes:

jwallace378
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Yachtsmans Steakhouse is the best in my opinion!

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I am not a big fan of Outback steaks- I'd rather eat the blooming Onion, their steaks are not very good...

Yachtsmen and Shulas- both are good and both within walking distance of each other-

BUT they are pricey

Hands down the 2 best-
Service is tremendous at each.

garymacd
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I was wrong, it won't be Le Cellier, but Coral Reef. The kids won out. They want to "watch the fish" while we eat. ;)

Don't forget to look for the SCUBA divers in the tank while you're dining.

just tigger
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi, my family and I have been to Yachtsman, Le Cellier, Big River and many more, but nothing that we've had compared to the filet over at Jiko. It was the most incredible piece of meat we had ever had. We've dined there twice and left happy both times. It's not a Steakhouse, but very much worth the effort to travel over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Shula's from what I hear is outstanding,but I could only give you info on were we have eaten. Yachtsman and Le Cellier would come in a close second and third behind Jiko.:beer::marg::thumbsup:

DigitalDaredevil
04-13-2008, 02:08 PM
About 2 years ago I ate at the Chefs of France and had a great steak. I really enjoyed the meal. This past January I ate there again and was disappointed with the quality and size of the meal. I have heard people mention that with the creation of the DDP that the quality has gone down. Can anyone comment on this?

#1donaldfan
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Truly, the best steak, IMHO, at any Disney eatery, for us, was at the soon to close, Concourse Steakhouse.......it was Great !!!!

LandFan
04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
We like the filet at le Cellier!

butterfly18237
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
We ate at both LeCellier and Coral Reef our last visit. I was so excited about LeCellier but I'm assuming my expectations were so high, that I was disappointed, As for Coral Reef I had very low expectations because of reviews and I loved it and am going back in September. We had the steak at both places. Watch for the big sea turtle he was at the window almost the whole time we were there haha. With any place keep your expectations lower until you see for yourself and you will never be disappointed. :mickey:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
The best steak I've had at WDW was at Cali Grill. The filet was so tender I did not need a knife to cut it. MMmm:eat:

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Le Cellier.:mickey:

tomatoe pie
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
the flying fish has the best ever! next narcoossee's (the potatoes are to die for). next cerico's (i don't know how the spell that one). i have not been to v&a but i would bet their steaks are also great, and the same goes for california grill.:eat:

ljv1975
04-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, we didn't get to try out many of the "nicer" restaurants, since DD was only 2 and is not very patient when waiting for food. However, since we stayed at CSR we did eat at the Maya Grill one night. I had their filet and it was very, very good. They are fire grilled - you can see the grill and flames from many of the tables.

I am hoping to get my mom and dad to go along with us next year so we can have babysitters while DH and I go out to try 1 or 2 of the places everyone else has mentioned!

If ADR's for some of the more popular restaurants are hard to come by, I do recommend the Maya Grill from our experience!

DisneyDream2007
04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
:mickey:There IS no other steak than steak from the Yachtsman!!! SOOOO good. I do NOT eat steak but that steak was so amazing I wanted more...all 6 of us ordered that night and it remains our favorite meal experience and the service was impeccable.

SurferStitch
04-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Both Narcoossee's and Cali Grill consistently have amazing filet. They cook it to perfection every time, and it always tastes delicious.

Le Cellier runs a very, very close second.

I also had a wonderful filet at Citricos in 2005, but the horrendous service has kept us away since.

The very best we've EVER had was the Australian Kobe beef filet at V&A. Aaaahhhhhhh......can't wait for October!

MickeyMousse
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
The Yachtsman at the Yacht Club Resort. Hands down.:woohoo:

MinnieMommie
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Shula's or The Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are other choices but these are the only two that offer US Prime. All the others are not.

I have to agree that these 2 places offer the best steak. My 2 favorites in a lower price range are Kona and Concourse but Concourse will close 5/31/08 (and will be missed). You will likely enjoy wherever you chose. :mickey:

javamama
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Well being from Chicago we love our steaks, so we ate it alot this trip. Kona had a good NY strip, Coral Reef's was good also, but Le Cellier filet was great hands down. Now our concierge told us next time to try the Yachtsman that they cut the steak to order. I've eaten at the Concourse years ago and it was good also. Le Cellier was very good, even the prime rib was a hit w/our party.

TinkerbellT421
04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
My opinion, would have to be Le Cellier. Best steak me and my DBF have ever had...And we eat a lot of steak at a lot of places, both home and Disney. :number1:

Stickey
04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
At WDW:
1) Filet at Jiko :number1:
2) Filet at LeCellier
3) NY Strip at Coral Reef

tomatoe pie
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
hasn't anyone else tried the strip at the flying fish. i don't ever eat strip (prefer filet) but it was the only steak on the menu and i wanted steak. it was by far the best steak i have ever had. it was charred to perfection. if it were up to me i would add steak to the name of that restaurant. flying fish and hoof! :silly: really, try it sometime and post your opinion.

sagessa
04-25-2008, 01:33 AM
I've had the strip at Flying Fish, and I have to agree, it was cooked perfectly. It was charred on the outside, but perfectly medium rare on the inside. I thought the sauce that they paired it with went better with the sides, but that was mostly because the steak was so perfect that it didn't need the sauce.

Rachel R.

Mommy2boys
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I liked Le Cellier

MOJoe
04-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Someone in our party had a steak at each of these places on our recent trip.
Coral Reef
Flying Fish
Brown Derby
California Grill

The steak at Coral Reef was the biggest disappointement. The steak at California Grill was one of the best i have had anywhere. The other two were very good, and better than any chain restaurant, like Outback, usually serves.