PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - AP Preview May 10th

ligirlz
04-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I just received this email!!!!:)

Be among the first to experience Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios™

Saturday, May 10 through Monday, May 12
9 am to 7 pm
Because you’re a valued Passholder, you’re invited to step right up and compete in an interactive “Toy Story” adventure like no other. It’s Toy Story Mania!—a brand-new attraction inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” films—and you’ll experience it before the general public does after it opens in late May.

It’s never the same experience twice!
Grab some 3-D glasses before boarding your ride vehicle and zipping off into a world of immersive, midway-style games hosted by favorite characters like Woody, Buzz, Rex and Hamm.

Use your spring-action shooter to launch virtual darts at balloons, rings at aliens, eggs at barnyard targets and beyond. Some targets even trigger fun surprises. From expert to beginner, everyone’s a winner!

To be admitted to the sneak preview, please present your valid
Walt Disney World Annual Pass and photo ID.

Visit disneyworld.com/passholder for up-to-date information,
and check out toystorymania.com, the fun-filled Toy Story Mania! website.

Dates and availability subject to change without notice. Thank you in advance for your patience should this attraction experience any downtimes during this preview period.

Many Disney Value Resorts are among the closest to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Book our special room rate offer now and you could be staying moments from the Passholder Preview excitement!

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Awesome!! Be sure to report back about it!

Thanks for sharing :mickey:

Buttercup
04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
OH! We're going down May 11th... but we're not annual pass holders. :( I've never been there when there's an AP Preview. Is there any chance us regular folk can possibly ride that week?

pdrlkr
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Cool! :cool:

mrsgaribaldi
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
We will just miss it, darn.:( I hope they have some unofficial trial runs:mickey:

DDuck66
04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
OH! We're going down May 11th... but we're not annual pass holders. :( I've never been there when there's an AP Preview. Is there any chance us regular folk can possibly ride that week?

If they run it like they did the Haunted Mansion AP Sneak Preview, the ride was open to the general public as well, but AP's got front of the line privileges much like a fast pass. When we went to the HM Preview, the wait time for the general public was over 45 minutes, while the passholder wait was about 5 to 10 minutes.
We already had a trip planned for May 10th to the 17th and may 10th is our day at DHS!!! Talk about great timing!!! We cannot wait.

cal5755
04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
That is so awesome.... I am so excited to hear the reviews so I can tell the kids about it. I know they will have a blast on this ride.

doodleboy
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I am overly excited about this AP preview. We will be there May 1-11. When we heard about this attraction not opening until summer 08 we were initially upset, because we are planning to do DLR in summer of 09 instead of WDW. We thought we would have to wait two years to experience this ride. What a treat:yay::party2::yay::party2:!

pluto 77
04-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I am overly excited about this AP preview. We will be there May 1-11. When we heard about this attraction not opening until summer 08 we were initially upset, because we are planning to do DLR in summer of 09 instead of WDW. We thought we would have to wait two years to experience this ride. What a treat:yay::party2::yay::party2:!

Just to let you know in case something happens and TSM doesnt open as planned... They have the exact same ride in California Adventrure Park!!!

brertosh
04-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh ya! Good to know it will be open in time for our June trip!!!! Thanks for the update.

Hayden's Dad
04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I hope they let the general public in also. We will be there the 12-18 visiting DHS on the 12. Wish us luck :mickey:

4myprincesses
04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Hooray! We'll be there May the 3rd through 11th :mickey:

The girls are going to be so excited :cloud9:

Ian
04-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I hope they let the general public in also. We will be there the 12-18 visiting DHS on the 12. Wish us luck :mickey:They do not let the general public in during AP previews. That's a special perk reserved for annual passholders and, as the article mentions, you're required to show your AP before entering the ride.

I'm psyched, though, because we're going to be down there from the 9th to the 14th. Can't wait to check it out!!

big blue and hairy
04-10-2008, 09:56 AM
They do not let the general public in during AP previews. That's a special perk reserved for annual passholders and, as the article mentions, you're required to show your AP before entering the ride.

I'm psyched, though, because we're going to be down there from the 9th to the 14th. Can't wait to check it out!!

Maybe we'll be in competition...DW and I will be all over Toy Story Mania on the 10th!

:sulley:

Ian
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
If they run it like they did the Haunted Mansion AP Sneak Preview, the ride was open to the general public as well, but AP's got front of the line privileges much like a fast pass. When we went to the HM Preview, the wait time for the general public was over 45 minutes, while the passholder wait was about 5 to 10 minutes.Hmmm ... you're right. I forgot they did this for the HM preview. In the past, AP previews were strictly for AP holders, but they did do this one differently.

Although, I'm wondering if that's because HM was an existing attraction that people expected to be able to ride as opposed to a brand new attraction being opened on a sneak preview.

Maybe we'll be in competition...DW and I will be all over Toy Story Mania on the 10th!

:sulley:Excellent! We should catch up!

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I am really looking forward to riding this with my 3 yr old son. He loves Buzz and still remembers Buzz's ride at MK. We're going in July and hopefully will this will be a FASTPASS ride. I think Disney's doing a nice job ramping up Hollywood Studios with a bunch of excellent rides to go along with the shows. :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
So cool! This works for us!!!:woohoo:

SurferStitch
04-10-2008, 12:12 PM
AWESOME!!

It's the last day of our trip, and we never go to DHS on our last day, but I think we can hop over first thing in the morning for a quick ride!

BluewaterBrad
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
We got it also. We probably wont make it cause we are visiting in June. We will be on it then though!:mickey:

Followthatmouse
04-10-2008, 06:32 PM
We're Annual Passholders, but we arrive on May 13.

*sigh*