PDA

View Full Version : Entry into Epcot

MILWDIANA
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time in October.
I know you can walk from the boardwalk to Epcot. If the World Showcase does not open until 11am can you still walk through???? If not, how/where do you enter Epcot??? :confused:

Thanks!!

MMouse6937
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure you can still enter in that way there just won't be anything open or running. Either that or there might be a CM to direct you to FW. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use that entrance.

jwallace378
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes, you can still walk through. Nothing in WS is open though. I believe you can take the boat as well.

MILWDIANA
04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
The boat drops you off in the WS also correct???

moe513
04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
You can walk thru. They have ws roped off and a cm standing there so no one enter.

mainemajor
04-12-2008, 08:26 PM
You sure can. It's kind of cool walking through before everything and everyone is there. Be sure to take your time and enjoy it will be some of the most peaceful moments of your trip. :figment:

Terk24
04-12-2008, 08:28 PM
The boat drops you off right by the back entrance to EPCOT

WishesFan13
04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
DH and I stayed at the Yacht Club on our honeymoon a few years ago and the boat drops you off between France and England, when we were there they had the bridge into France roped off but you can walk through England and Canada. It is nice to walk through the two countries without many people, very peaceful like mainemajor said.

Gusgus
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
To put a finer point on this question. We like to get to Epcot before it opens so we can get to Soarin' and Test Track before it gets really busy. Often we are actually "holding on to the rope early".

Where is the "rope drop" if you come in through the "back entrance"? If everyone is waiting for the rope near spachip earth and we need to wait all the way by France\England that would be a bummer of a walk. Is this where it is or can back entrance folks get to a point closer to future world for the rope drop?

Gusgus

disneymom2000
06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
The International Gateway entrance is pretty much the only way I have ever entered EPCOT. If I come in the front it is because I went through the whole park to get to the Monorail to head somewhere else and then rode it back to finish my day in EPCOT. I usually stay at one of the EPCOT resorts and even do EMH through the back entrance.

disneymom2000
06-27-2008, 06:42 PM
To answer the last question, you can't get any closer to SOARIN' or Test Track than by going through the front entrance. You still have to walk from World Showcase which is a pretty long walk if you want to be one of the ones in the front of the line for either of these two rides. The rope drop is still near England/France area.

Crow
06-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive walked thru before 11 Intl Gateway. they have the bridge to France roped off. just walk thru England to Soarin etc. Ill be doing that when im at BC in Sept