PDA

View Full Version : Which would appeal to you MOST?

WDWRox
04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Which of the options below would MOST appeal to you to see done in WDW?

* Monorail extension to cover all 4 parks.
* A fifth park opened up.
* One new e-ticket attraction in each park.

laprana
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM
While I'd love to see the monorail expanded, I chose new e-ticket attractions at each park. I always look forward to new attractions, and I think this is probably the most likely option to happen any time soon! :thumbsup:

pogo
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Monorail extension ! :mickey:

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Yea, I agree with the OP, I would love to see monorail acess to all parks, I think adding an e-ticket ride to each park would be nice

DNS
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I went with a 5th theme park. If the monorail extension also covered all hotels as well as the other two parks I would have gone for that without a second thought.

Von-Drake
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Had to go with the monorail expansion. I always thought this should be done, it would be so convenient. The addition of a fifth park would be cool. Maybe they could open one up with all the retired rides: 20,000 Leagues, Mr. Toad's, Skyway, Mission to Mars, Alien Encounter, Swan boats, Circle Vision 360, World of Motion, The Land, Horizons,

KylesMom
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I voted for one new e-ticket attraction. While the monorail is great, and a fifth park would be cool, I'd like to see a bit more offered at each park.:mickey:

Belle_0717
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree with Von Drake. DH and I were just discussing a "retired" ride or "museum" type area - perhaps at DS with interactive area i.e. when was this ride introduced, when was it retired.

IloveDisney71
04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I voted for one new e-ticket attraction. While the monorail is great, and a fifth park would be cool, I'd like to see a bit more offered at each park.:mickey:

:ditto:

I think the MK has plenty of attractions but I'd love to see some new e-ticket attractions at the other 3 parks. Especially AK & DHS.

Iteachpc
04-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I was going to go with the monorail extension, but then after reading the other posts I went with a new E-ticket attraction for each park. The monorail going to the other parks would be nice, but what I really want is to jump on it at any resort. Now that would be convenient and extremely expensive I imagine!

Ian
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I think I would get the most long-term value out of the monorail being extended to all four parks. A new E-ticket for each park would be nice, but for a variety of reasons (don't really trust WDI to create truly great E-tickets anymore, new attractions lose their appeal over time, etc.) I would just rather see the monorail extension.

I get consistent enjoyment out of riding the monorail and using it to get from point A to point B. It's a nice scenic ride, easy to get on and off of with a stroller, quiet, environmentally friendly, and comfortable.

I have to say I'm shocked to see so many people voting for a 5th theme park. I wonder if people consider how difficult and challenging it would be to find suitable staff for a new park and how thinly stretched they already are in terms of resources and quality cast members.

I personally hope they never build a 5th gate in WDW.

laward32
04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I went with the monorail extension, although I don't think it will ever happen. To much money to cover so much area. The new E ticket attractions would be nice though.:mickey:

phillydan
04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Definitely monorail extension. With the cost of fuel, I'm sure there would be a quick return on investment by using less busses. Not to mention the environmental aspects. Also, instead of a fifth park, just add more to the existing parks - especially Disney Studios!

biodtl
04-08-2008, 02:40 PM
As much as I would enjoy new attractions or a new park, the monorail extension would make everything so much easier and more fun.

jwallace378
04-08-2008, 03:12 PM
You can even extend the monorail to other resorts and DTD!

Jeff G
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I went with the monorail extension. It would be so convienient to have access to all of the parks via monorail.

As for a 5th park, I would vote no to this idea. To me the money spent on a 5th park would be better invested in the current park. Examples; AK scould use another land with a couple more rides(preferably family friendly), MGM could use another big ticket item maybe the Indiana Jones ride and a new show, and over at EPCOT I would really like to see them add a few new countries to the World Showcase and also do something with the Wonders of Life Pavilion.

I guess that said my 2nd choice would be the new e-ticket option for each park.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
04-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I also think adding a new e/ticket ride to each park is the best option right now..I haven't even done everything in these theme parks :D

Buttercup
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I chose a new E-ticket ride.

I don't go to Disney World to ride on the monorail, as cool as they are. So as convenient as it might be to extend the monorail track, it's not really a priority for me.

As for a 5th park, I'd be afraid that WDW would be getting too "watered down". I think they should work on making the 4 parks they've got super awesome before building a fifth and stretching their ideas too thin.

Taja
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
As much as I would love to see stops at each park and resort, the cost would be prohibitive. And a very, very long-term project. If time and cost weren't a concern, it would be my first choice.

I don't think a fifth park is feasible at this time. There are more than enough staffing issues as it is.

So, I voted for an E-ticket attraction at each park. With at least two of them non-thrill rides/attractions. I feel that the current ratio of attractions to shopping is getting out of control. Waaaaaayyyy too much shopping!

gardenia
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd love to see new attractions!

A monorail extension wouldn't apeal to me at all unless they could engineer it so that the monorail isn't crowded, smelly, dirty, ugly, slow, and set up like a cattle shute.

GrmGrninGost
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
They all sound good! But for me, the monorail to all four parks would be it! :mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I would love to see the monorail extended to all 4 parks (assuming that it would be accessible from all WDW Resorts), but I can't resist the idea of one new E-ticket attraction for each park. It would be nice not to have to ride the buses near as much, but the parks are nearly all-day destinations whereas the time spent on transportation is only a small fraction of the time during the day.

Red Randal
04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
This is a tough one because I would love to see a 5th park but, honestly, I rarely have time to visit all 4 parks when I visit as it is. It would be hard to fit a 5th one in (plus there is tons of work to do in the 4 they already have.)

The monorail extention would make sense but I would also be very unlikely to use it (except maybe to cut down on the travel from a MK resort to AK, for the rare times I stay at one.)

I ended up going with adding another e-ticket since new rides are always nice and I'd love a new ride to take the lines away from Soarin and EE.

AHOTE
04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I would actually like to see an expansion to World Showcase. There are so many countries and cultures that would be an asset to the life of the park and enough interest to see it through. The WS concept lends itself to less overall expense. Operating costs and staffing would be spread out between Disney, the country, corporate sponsors and restaurant concessions. In another thread, members listed at least twenty countries that they'd like to see added to WS.

pdrlkr
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I'd love to see the Monorail extension! :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
While I agree that the monorial extension is unlikely due to cost, it would be a great convenience for us.

HairyBear
04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
The monorail system expansion would be nice. New attractions would be nice also. But with news of WDW building new luxury homes and communities on property I think a new park would be the best. There is still plenty of area to put a new park now but if these homes are built they may not have enough room for another park. A new park could include all of the options the poll included.:mickey:

DisneyGiant
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Interesting question!

I voted for the extra attraction per park (would cut lines on the existing ones).

But I would LOVE to see the monorail extend to the Animal Kingdom.

Marilyn Michetti
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
I vote for the monorail extension. Think of how much faster we'd all get around. I believe the monorail holds around 300, as opposed to how many busses? Much faster, less frustration.:thumbsup:

Bringonthemouse!
04-08-2008, 11:35 PM
While I voted for a Monorail extension, I'm content with the way things are. The more you add to WDW, the more they jack up the prices!! (I know the prices will increase even without new additions, but lets try to keep them as low as we can.) That's me, the party pooper!!:party:

mrsgaribaldi
04-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I went with a 5th park. This is dreaming about something so I didn't take into consideration actually problems they might encounter with staff or whatever. It's a dream, pretend, a wish etc. Not something we are voting on for real;) I love the AK, I bet a 5th park would be great too:mickey:

DDuck66
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
I went with the e-ticket attractions for each park. While a Fifth gate would be nice, I am not sure if it would be money well spent at this time. The monorail access to all the parks would be nice but only if you had access from more areas than just the TTC and a select few resorts.

c&d
04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I voted for the ride. The monorail doesn't really affect me one way or the other. As for another park, I'm still really enjoying all the current parks and I'm not sure another park is worth the investment it would take.

Mackflava99
04-09-2008, 09:53 AM
i read somewhere that they couldnt extend the monorail due to the lighning frequency in FLA-
is this true?

I also thought that they were supposed to go through the Swan/Dolphin but it was cancelled and they were filled in?

Otherwise that is such a god option

cal5755
04-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I would love to see them add more to the parks they have. I am totally against the 5th park idea. I totally agree with IAN in the fact that it would be way too hard to find enough quality people to staff another park. Besides there is already so much to do with the 4 parks that we extend our vacation every year to do all we want to do and we still leave wanting to come back to do something we missed.

I totally agree with the monorail extension too. But I think I would rather see more attractions in the parks first.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
This is probably the toughest vote I have made on here. All three would be awesome! I went with the new e-ticket ride because this is the most feasible especially at the three besides MK.

LovinWDW
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I voted for the monorail expansion, but I would like to see all three happen. :woohoo:

dra_rosie_k
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
New E tickets generate the most excitement and fun, IMHO.

Can you imagine how crowded that monorail would be :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
This was a hard one, but I went for the new e-ticket attraction...there is still lots that can be done in each park.

jszczur5
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
I picked one new e-attraction to each park, as I think that this is the most likely to actually occur.
We use our car to get from hotel to park to park, so that doesn't matter to me, and a fifth park will take years to build, and then another decade before it has enough attractions to warrant being anything more than a half-day park.
It's been almost ten years for AK, and it's still just a half-day park for us. DHS is one of our faves, but that's because we could spend the whole day just riding ToT and R'nRC, with a couple of trips to TS for the kids.
Something could easily be added to Epcot in the WoL pavilion, and if you said bye-bye to the speedway at MK, you've got a ton or room for something really spectacular.

boobalk
04-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Monorail extension would be heaven!:cloud9: As WDW is refurbing and redoing attractions all the time, new E-ticket rides are probably a given. And as the crowds @ WDW grows, so must WDW. So, it wouldn't suprise me if a 5th park isn't being planned as we speak!:secret:

mjm
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Like others, I'd love to see a monorail extension:joy:

But, I think the reality would be new rides; which wouldn't be bad either!:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I voted for new e-ticket attraction. I always get so excited when there is something new that I haven't done before. I thought it was great when they added Soarin and Expedition Everest.

I'd like to see a fifth park but I think they have a few attractions that could use some improving first like the Wonders of Life Pavilion or doing something with Sounds Dangerous.

I'd like to see the monorail extended. It would be nice if all the parks and DD could be traveled to by the monorail.

#1donaldfan
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
no ride, no more monorail, no new parks..!!

.....what about more incentives for us....the ones who really keep Disney alive....how about some newer, more inclusive discounts, some real giveaways that cover a more broad area.....

....I'd love to see some new attractions, a more extensive monorail system, and even additional parks, but I would more so like to see some bigger discounts tossed out to the consumer.....????? :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
monorail extension!

Mickey91
04-09-2008, 11:46 PM
A new monorail. And, better discounts for the general public not just Disney Visa holders. Not everybody likes to use credit cards.

katzctkpt
04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I like the idea of the monorail ext only if it's going to cover the resorts too. Otherwise I like the idea of a 5th park bringing back the oldies that I never got to ride as a child. Like the people movers, 20,000 leagues under the sea, etc... They could call the park DISNEY CLASSICS and everything pertain back to when the park first opened with the old costumes , rides, shows. We've been watching a lot of the programs when Disney 1st opened and it would be neat to see and ride those today.

WDWRox
04-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I think at least having the parks connected by monorail would be the best option. The resorts are all way too far apart and scattered all over the entire WDW property to make connecting to them a feasible idea.

On the other hand, some of the other parks are still quite in need of major attractions (AK & Hollywood Studios), so I could see how people would choose that as well.

RAIDER
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
I would go for a 5th park ......Too much choice is always welcome :D

King Triton
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I definitely went with the monorail extension.

Actually I'd like to see the monorail extended plus a system of light rail throughout the property that would allow most or all transportation needs to be handled by some form of train.

It would also be nice to have a "true" Transportation and Ticket Center, where everyone would go to park, then pick up the right train/monorail to get to their desired park. Then they could turn the existing parking lots into more attractions (OK, I'm probably up to trillions of dollars now...)

yjgirl715
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM
My vote went for the monorail system. I am hoping in the near future we can stay at a resort that has the monorail system now, but if they extended it to some other resorts that would be very nice for people with strollers and older people who have trouble walking or in my mom's case seeing. Great poll!

CU Tiger
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I have always wished the monorail went to all the parks!:mickey:

KAJUNKING
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
id have to go with an e ticket attraction :mickey:

BostonChic
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd want a fifth park :thumbsup:
maybe a park for the little little ones ;)
The only kiddie rides really are at MK :confused:

Crow
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
i chose a park, although i doubt it would ever happen from things ive heard. like it would just take away from the other parks & the airport cant handle more traffic..who knows
my 2nd would be monorail

Sweezy
04-15-2008, 04:48 AM
great poll...very hard to choose but i went for e-ticket in each park. i would, however, love love love to see the monorail extended to all 4 parks or, obviously, a fifth park. as others have said, the e-ticket option is the most likely...not to mention there are conveniences to consolidation as opposed to having another park with less attention paid to the existing parks.

BritCody
04-15-2008, 07:01 AM
I know it would only benefit the short term, but I have to have more E ticket attractions

julyjewel
04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
It would be nice to take the monorail everywhere!

jnfr2424
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
One of the Best Rides in Disney World is the monorail and to have it go all over WDW! Would definately be magical!
Come on everyone show your monorail Driver's License! LOL:mickey: