PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I'd Said....

mickeys_princess_mom
04-08-2008, 09:27 AM
What three things do you WISH you had said to someone in the parks, but didn't?....:mickey:

1. Listen, maam, your child doesn't WANT to get on that ride, so don't make him!

2. Please wear more clothing!

3. Look--it's the Governor's daughter! (As I run away WITH Jack Sparrow...)

LauraF
04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
1. No thanks, we'll take the next monorail - you go ahead. We're in no hurry.

2. Sir, if you refuse to control your child and tell them to stop kicking my chair, don't be surprised if I do.

3. Maleficient is my BFF (thought of the comeback *after* the fact) :D .

gardenia
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Put that cigarette out, YOU CAN'T SMOKE HERE. And you can't hide it in your palm, everyone can smell you coming a mile away.

just2mickey
04-08-2008, 10:51 AM
1. Please make sure my hand is not under your rear end before you sit on the HAND RAIL!

2. Hello, my name is just2mickey and this is a new invention call DEODORANT, have my trial size.....go on ....take it.

3. Tic Tac?

4. Yes, I will six more of those please (to the counter person as I pay for my school bread.)

Dragongirlx
04-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi I realise that you are enjoying the conversation you are having with your friend/ family member but by leaving that huge gap you are really annoying the people behind you so please move up NOW!

TheRustyScupper
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
1) "I'm sorry, but is the Disney show disturbing your family's conversation?"

2) "Is it OK if I continue to use the back of my leg as your stroller brake?"

3) "Is our eating and chewing too loud for your child's screaming?"

JerseyDad
04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
....and the Top Three are:

3. "I'm quite sure that you'll be able to read the words just fine on that SINGLE person table over there!" (to a SINGLE selfish person who's in the food court or table service restaurant...sitting at a booth or large table...with their newspaper spread out...while I try and find a table for 4 )

2. "If you crush my heel again with that scooter...I'll truely make this the Happiest Place On Earth by throwing you...AND your scooter...in the lagoon". (at Epcot..to the clueless person in their scooter that feels because they CAN drive faster than most people CAN walk...they should be allowed to)

....and the Number One response IS:

1. "As much as I do love my children....I do not even like YOUR children...so please keep a leash on them...and if the situation warrants....a muzzle too!" (to the parents of kids that feel it's okay to have them screaming wildly while climbing OVER me to another seat as I sit on the bus going to MK from POP) [yes..this did happen...and the parents were oblivious]

Belle619
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
1) "I'm sorry, but is the Disney show disturbing your family's conversation?"

I could have really used that one when watching "One Man's Dream" this past week - this mother and daughter had a full blown, loud conversation through the whole thing.

But, my line would have to be....

"I'm sorry, but I was next" - to all of the ADULTS that blatantly cut you in line.

KineGirl
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Excuse me maam/sir, I didnt realize you were the only ones who spent alot of money to go on vacation - of course you can shove my kid and be first for everything.

JMTStone
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I love all of these. But how about these as well:

1. Take your cell phone and leave the show. We don't need to know EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE while Fantasmic is on.

3. We came here 45 minutes early for the parade and are not taking up too much room, there's no reason to sit on me or my kids.

Jamnx
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Sir...could you please pick another color for your Speedo.

I thought the concept of a line was universal through out the planet.... please go right ahead we were just standing here so people would know where the back of the line is at.

I am sorry if the U S is so horrible hop on a plane and go home.

briguy
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Can't believe no one said this yet-

1) Which part of "please move ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ROW didn't you understand? (Situation obvious)

2) That was fun, let's do it again (as I crash into the people who came to a dead stop at the bottom of the Land escalator)

3) No, your party can step aside and wait for you (to the people trying to push past me to "catch up to their group")

And on a positive note-

4) Thanks for making it magical (to any of the dozens of positive cast members I interact with that day)

WriteDisney
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Relax!!! You're in disney world this is suppose to be fun!!

this would apply to many folks I've seen in the parks.. who are either fighting with one another .. rude to CMs... complaining loudly about everything... pushing each other... cursing or spitting... or just getting too worked up when their suppose to be letting go!!

You're in disneyworld not cancun, ease off the drinking

to those who had a few too many.. once when I was young a group of german college students were loudly spelling out curse words.. its one thing to relax and have a drink.. its another to become a complete lush :mad: major pet peeve of mine

lightyearfan
04-08-2008, 03:41 PM
2. Hello, my name is just2mickey and this is a new invention call DEODORANT, have my trial size.....go on ....take it.

omg this is what me and dw say to each other as we walk behind some of the smelliest people, we can't figure out how do you leave and head to the parks on a hot steamy day nowing full well that you will sweat and not put on any deodorant before you leave?????????????????? i mean you have to know that you will smell? don't you?

Victor

sillyolbear
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
"Excuse me, but spandex is a privilege not a right."

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
MODERATOR WARNING!

Whoa, folks, please remember that INTERCOT is a family-friendly site and to keep the remarks appropriate. NO BATHROOM HUMOR EITHER PLEASE!!!

Some remarks here are borderline and some over-the-edge, so if I have edited your posts, that is the reason.

Just an added note--I'm sure this thread was started tongue-in-cheek, but sarcasm does not always translate well on the internet. Please think about your comments before you post them.

xipetotec
04-08-2008, 04:29 PM

I gotta say, I think a lot of people in this thread need to take this one into consideration too :number1::D

hnybear22
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
1. Thank you for all your hard work to help make my vacation magical- to any of the restroom attendants and janitorial staff!!
2. I hope this is the best vacation of your life - to the parents with the sick children!~
3. To My daughter - after we see the kids in the wheelchairs or the parents who are struggling to keep a happy face with a termanaly ill child _We Are So Blessed, And I Love You Very Much:blush:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
1. Thank you for all your hard work to help make my vacation magical- to any of the restroom attendants and janitorial staff!!
2. I hope this is the best vacation of your life - to the parents with the sick children!~
3. To My daughter - after we see the kids in the wheelchairs or the parents who are struggling to keep a happy face with a termanaly ill child _We Are So Blessed, And I Love You Very Much:blush:
I love these!:high5:

brad192
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Finally! A positive response! Thanks hnybear22! And thanks Beth, for the reality check. I thought this thread was getting a bit out of hand...;)

playdead88
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
how about

"oh its fine, it only hurt for a sec when you ran into my arm with your cigarette, im sure it will scab over soon and won't leave a scar, i mean why do they have those silly smoking sections anyway, who uses those?!"

or

"its ok really, just stop in the middle of the walk through to read your map and chat with your party, we'll all make sure we leave plenty of room for you and walk around, no problem"

kathiep
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Kudos to you, hnybear22. What a terrific outlook you have.

If everyone had a viewpoint like yours, imagine how magical everyone's trip would be!!

just2mickey
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Thank you for putting me in my place. :mickey:
That is not sarcasm but a heartfelt thanks. I feel STUPID for posting something ugly earlier:(. You are so right.:thumbsup:

SFTrny
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
"Thank you". It is so easy to say this at Disney and I don't say it enough. Two simple words to spread the magic.

"Go ahead". In the middle of the crowd, it is such a release to decide that you won't get caught up in the rush and let someone else go ahead. You get to enjoy the spirit of Walt.

<a smile> unspoken, but I regret so many opportunites to smile at a stranger. KNowing that the parents are dealing with stressed out kids and to smile and let them know "it's ok".

SFTrny
04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
"Have you tried...", and share a Disney secret that you've learned about through this community.

"Do you need a ride?" ...when you have a rental car or golf cart (FW) and pass people waiting for the bus.

turkeyleg
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Thank you for putting me in my place. :mickey:
That is not sarcasm but a heartfelt thanks. I feel STUPID for posting something ugly earlier:(. You are so right.:thumbsup:

This looks like a good place to start my first post. As for just2mickey, don't feel bad. At least you had a heart to re-examine the post. Most people didn't. Chin up!;)

JMTStone
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
I should have been kinder... :cry::goodbad: Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways

SFTrny
04-08-2008, 09:40 PM
This is a great thread! Every comment resonates...positive and negative. We all have a lot of the same frustrations and it is great that we can share the magic and find ways to refocus on the positive. All about recognizing the distractions and re-interpreting the situation to look for a positive!

just2mickey
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I should have been kinder... :cry::goodbad: Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways

:pout::hug:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
This is a great thread! Every comment resonates...positive and negative. We all have a lot of the same frustrations and it is great that we can share the magic and find ways to refocus on the positive. All about recognizing the distractions and re-interpreting the situation to look for a positive!
Thanks. Well said. I was feeling a little distraught earlier this afternoon! Original intention was just to share some smiles and truths!

Noah's Helper
04-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I wish I'd said to my son, "Tell Tarzan how much you enjoy the Tarzan Action Game on our computer." :bang:

SandmanGStefani24
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
1. ...you know, the soap and the water in your hotel shower is free...

2. ..i don't think it's appropriate for your 12 year old daughter's underwear to be showing...(really any age, but young girls with their parents right there to be dressing so trampy is inexcusable, and this is a guy talking here!)

3. excuse me front desk, I'll be extending my stay for another week! :D

elmjimmlm
04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Thank you for giving up your seat on the bus so that my child has a place to sit down even though you are tired too...
Thank you to all the people who strike up conversations with my kids when we are waiting in long lines...They appreciate being treated like the little people that they are...
Thank you for making our dreams come true!!!(Im practicing for winning a night in the castle this year):thumbsup:

Von-Drake
04-09-2008, 07:07 AM
I make it a big point to always say a bog thanks to all the positive Cast Members we interact with. Their happiness is usually very infectious. :mickey:

letsdoitagain
04-09-2008, 07:09 AM
1. Welcome to America! Here we shower, brush our teeth and wear deodorant daily.

2. (In Queen of Hearts fashion) Cut in line and I'll cut off your head!

3. There are 1,000 people in front of me. I can't walk any faster!

merlinmagic4
04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
1. It's okay - nobody's kids are perfect and I don't judge you on this 30 second glimpse of your entire life.

2. Thanks Merlin - for making my son feel like the greatest kid on earth when you chose him to be Temporary Ruler of the Day. I don't think he's felt that way since. (I REALLY wish I had said this).

3. Thanks to Every SIngle Cast Member who makes all of our trips magical - a true escape from reality :)

Melanie
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
MODERATOR WARNING!

Whoa, folks, please remember that INTERCOT is a family-friendly site and to keep the remarks appropriate. NO BATHROOM HUMOR EITHER PLEASE!!!

Some remarks here are borderline and some over-the-edge, so if I have edited your posts, that is the reason.

Just an added note--I'm sure this thread was started tongue-in-cheek, but sarcasm does not always translate well on the internet. Please think about your comments before you post them.

Hey all - I want to reiterate Beth's warning from page 1. Although we close threads only as a last resort, if we have to continue editing in this thread, it will indeed meet that fate.

Please remember we are a family-friendly site! :)

crazypoohbear
04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Please

Thank you

Do you need help.

Don't worry, everyone's kid acts up at somepoint, you are not alone.

GrumpyFan
04-10-2008, 10:30 AM
1) "Here, take my seat" - to the lady with the child in hand, or to the elderly on the bus.

2) "Do you need some help with that?" - to anybody needing a helping hand. Sometimes I'm better at this than others.

3) "Hello, Castmember how are you doing today?"

4) A smile and a kind word to the person in line behind or ahead of me. I always try to strike up a conversation with those around me, whether on the bus, or in line somewhere. Sometimes you can share a tip with them that will help them have more of a magical day.

I have to admit though, there are a couple of lesser-friendly things I would like to say.

1) "Please move to the end of the row, like they said".

2) "Excuse me, but I've been sitting here in this spot for at least x minutes waiting for the parade. You need to find somewhere else to stand."

Dragongirlx
04-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Thought of another one

Please can I stay here forever and ever:cloud9:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Yay!!!Yes! :joy: :joy: I'll be GLAD to spend the night in the castle!!!! Thank you, Dream Team!! I'm going to get my pajamas now!!!
(Sigh--I already know, Ian--don't even remind me...)

battle beast
04-10-2008, 11:34 AM
1. Your feet hurt because you're wearing the wrong shoes!

2. Stop Har@$$ing the character!

3. You are cute, but your shoes are ugly

4. JAck Sparrow isn't real, you know that, right?

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
4. JAck Sparrow isn't real, you know that, right?

You're mistaken, mate...Savvy?:pirate:

Olivia's Daddy
04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I have 2:

1. "You can't get a front row seat for the parade scrambling to Main Street 1 minute before the parade starts. Now please get off my lap."

2. "Why do you need to put your kid on your shoulders and stand in front of me during the fireworks? Is your child having trouble seeing the sky?"

homeschool mom
04-10-2008, 01:32 PM
"We are going to see Mickey in the judges tent now, wait in line for Space Mountain, etc... no matter how long the line is. We may not make it back on a better day." Wish I'd said that to my family on the first day of our last trip. We never did get back to see Mickey in the Judges Tent or ride Space Mountain. :(

"I'll be happy to take a group photo for you. I know how it is to be missing from every family photo."
I actually did that many times on our last trip and it was a real magical thing for me as well as the families I helped. Many even returned the favor. :mickey:

"No, they don't put anything different in the water in Norway, Germany, etc... to make the young guys so 'cute.'" I did say that to my 16 year old DD and her BFF every time they remarked on how WDW is 'really hiring cute guys these days.' I had to explain to her that the young men working at WDW have always been nice looking. She just didn't notice when we went 2 years earlier and she wasn't interested!

beksy
04-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I can totally understand the feelings on this thread! I think the thing that I wish that I had said the most was "Thank You" to all the wonderful CMs who went out of their way to make our trip special.

Mackflava99
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM

this would apply to many folks I've seen in the parks.. who are either fighting with one another .. rude to CMs... complaining loudly about everything... pushing each other... cursing or spitting... or just getting too worked up when their suppose to be letting go!!

[

This is great- because i always wonder how people can be moody at WDW? enjoy yourself!!!

There are so many good quotes in this posting it really made me laugh
My quote :
The ride queues are not an obstable course... for people who cut in line and sneak under the rails....

Jasper
04-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Hello, my name is just2mickey and this is a new invention call DEODORANT, have my trial size.....go on ....take it.

You know, I used to think this a lot as well until I worked with one of the nicest people you will ever want to meet who also happened to have the worst B.O. anyone can have. He was the cleanest person you will find and used all kinds of deodorants and colognes to cover his smell. It turns out he has a medical condition that causes his smell and actually takes medication to try to control it. According to him the medications actually make it bearable to be around him.

After meeting this person I started taking a different attitude towards the B.O. issue since I don't know if that person I stand by in the park has that same problem or not.

GrumpyFan
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
You know, I used to think this a lot as well until I worked with one of the nicest people you will ever want to meet who also happened to have the worst B.O. anyone can have. It turns out he has a medical condition that causes his smell and actually takes medication to try to control it.

There are some exceptions, however, I think a lot of the people at WDW referred to with this issue may be from places where the use of deodorants are not commonly used. I say this because I've observed some of them and suffice to say most don't speak (American) English and have other, less than "normal" personal hygeine habits.

IloveDisney71
04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
1. While waiting to get on the rapids ride at AK - "Sir, please put your clothes back on (as he stripped down to his speedo) this is just a water ride, it's not a water park." True story!

2. Miss, You know they offer the baby swap for Space Mt. ... as she was forcing her wailing & unwilling child onto the ride.

3. Please don't yell at your child (12:00 am EMH's) because they are crying, it's obviously past their bedtime.

WhiteRose1
04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
#1. Thank you to the CM who asked us to be grand marshalls in the stars and cars parade when my Hubby and I were on our honeymoon in 2003. I forget your name, but the memory of the experience you gave to us will never ever be forgotten. Thank you for taking pictures of our experience with our camera, not once, but over a dozen times and following us through the whole parade route, so we can show everyone how wonderful it was. It made a completely magical honeymoon just that much more unbelievable.

#2. For the countless people who wished us well, and yelled out random congrats while walking around wearing those silly bride and groom ears....thank you!!

#3. Yes...I went to Disney World for my honeymoon, and yes, it was magical, and yes....I am doing it again for my 5th anniversary...and YES... Disney is for grown-ups, too! (to my co-workers at the time who thought I was nuts forgoing to WDW for my honeymoon....)

WDWFanatic
04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
1. While waiting to get on the rapids ride at AK - "Sir, please put your clothes back on (as he stripped down to his speedo) this is just a water ride, it's not a water park." True story!

:D thanks for the giggle!

just2mickey
04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
You know, I used to think this a lot as well until I worked with one of the nicest people you will ever want to meet who also happened to have the worst B.O. anyone can have. He was the cleanest person you will find and used all kinds of deodorants and colognes to cover his smell. It turns out he has a medical condition that causes his smell and actually takes medication to try to control it. According to him the medications actually make it bearable to be around him.

After meeting this person I started taking a different attitude towards the B.O. issue since I don't know if that person I stand by in the park has that same problem or not.

Point well taken. If that is the case, more sympathetic I could not be. Without giving too much info..... I mean those people that have the sour shirt smell like sweat? Know what I mean?

Young@Heart
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
"Thanks You!" to every cast member that has made our vacations truly magical. :cloud9:

"God bless you!!!" to the individual who found my digital camera (w/ all our first day pictures of DD's first trip) after I left it on BTMRR, and gave it to the cast members there. :number1:

tjstrike
04-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Sometimes the truth hurts !! There's alot of great times to be had at Disney, but we all know we've ran into those rude, smelly people with the loud kids and we were polite enough to let it slide by because we are on vacation having a good time and not out looking for a fight.

Patti
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
to the veteran(s) at the flag ceremony in MK...THANK YOU. (I always tear-up during the ceremony.)

JMTStone
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
to the veteran(s) at the flag ceremony in MK...THANK YOU. (I always tear-up during the ceremony.)

When/Where do you get to see this? I would love to see this with my kids!

Patti
04-13-2008, 07:23 PM
When/Where do you get to see this? I would love to see this with my kids!
The flag lowering ceremony happens at 5 p.m. daily at Town Square in MK. Veterans can ask at City Hall to assist with the ceremony.

JMTStone
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
The flag lowering ceremony happens at 5 p.m. daily at Town Square in MK. Veterans can ask at City Hall to assist with the ceremony.

Thanks! Its important for our family to thank those who have served

My goal on my next trip is to thank EVERYONE who makes it Magic and IGNORE those who don't.

larandtra
04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I must say that many of you are highly intolerant of others. Regardless of how bad mannered and ill behaved others can be, it is probably good that some fo the comments on here were never uttered to someone because all it would do is create an issue. I have found that I am there to enjoy MY vacation and if someones child is misbehaving ro someone is being less than courteous, I ignore it or find a CM to assist with rectifying the situation. Some of you are highly judgemental of others.

A Big Kid
04-13-2008, 09:20 PM
....and the Top Three are:

3. "I'm quite sure that you'll be able to read the words just fine on that SINGLE person table over there!" (to a SINGLE selfish person who's in the food court or table service restaurant...sitting at a booth or large table...with their newspaper spread out...while I try and find a table for 4 )
]

In all fairness, it is possible that when he sat down, there were no other tables available.

JerseyDad
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
In all fairness, it is possible that when he sat down, there were no other tables available.

.....oh!! Was that YOU with the newspaper?? ;)

.....point I was making...concerned those that will take up space....(a lot of it)...with no visible sign of eating (it IS a food court)...and are not considererate of others that may be looking to actually eat..and would hope to sit while doing so. I liken those people to the one's I see sitting around all day in places like Barnes & Noble and Borders....drinking coffee...and reading newspapes and books that they'll NEVER buy.

kutekelsey96
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
1. Excuse me can you put that turkey leg down, it's disgusting me. to the people that sit on benches next to you and chow on a HUGE turkey leg
2. Can you please tell your kid to stop talking to me? I know how this ride goes. to the people who sit and laugh while their kids talk to you like their your best friend about the ride your about to go on
3. Can you move off to the side to look at a map please? to the big groups of people that stop in the middle of the walkway to look at a map

Crystal Palace
04-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Haha, I don't have an answer to this question, because if someone's being rude, I don't hesitate to tell them off!

The kid kicking the back of my seat thing has happened far too many times to count.:thedolls:

Kenny1113
04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
1. Excuse me can you put that turkey leg down, it's disgusting me. to the people that sit on benches next to you and chow on a HUGE turkey leg
2. Can you please tell your kid to stop talking to me? I know how this ride goes. to the people who sit and laugh while their kids talk to you like their your best friend about the ride your about to go on

You're kidding right??? :scratch:

wedway76
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I tend to have little patience for inconsiderate or rude people, but I honestly let most (but not all) of that kind of stuff roll off my back when I'm at WDW.

There is nothing any child has ever done in WDW that has bothered me. Kids are kids, they are usually excited to be in WDW and just want to have fun. :mickey: Parents are another story.

There really isn't anything that I wish I said to someone. Sometimes I'm just glad I didn't say anything. :secret:

crazypoohbear
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
You're kidding right??? :scratch:

that's what I was thinking!
I LOVE it when kids are so excited about disney and the ride that they ramble on non stop! The sparkle in their eyes is awesome.:mickey:

PopDivaPaige
07-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Mine are:

3. Please bring a coloring book or something next time, I'd rather not be kicked in the back by your child every five seconds because of their boredom.:mad:(obvious reasons)

2. Have a magical day! (to all the nice CM's and staff of WDW)

and the number one is...

1. Can you be any louder? (for people who are talking to others/on their cellphone at a volume so high that everyone in the room can hear their conversations)